Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Mordheim, Shooty Orc Warband

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:06 am
Well I have been a bit lazy on the subject of posting stuff, just right after I got my first 10 finished Savage Orcs I kind of lost the feeling to play games in Warhammer for 2 reasons.

1: Everyone else started playing Blood Bowl
2: I visited a friend of mine and had a wonderful game of Mordheim.

And since then I've been building and playing with tons of Warbands, and this one actually made it to the painting station!

As you can see it's Greenskins, and some people at my gaming club joked about that shooty orc warbands doesn't do well got me thinking; "Hey, why shouldn't I make a shooty orc warband just to show them who's da boss in this town!".

And so my quest to salvation (or something) I started to loot through my bitz boxes for my Armoured Orcs (I just love those minis) and started putting together a Warband.

My warband has expanded a bit since I started (they were pretty expensive in the beginning, spending 200 gold on crossbows only for my heroes) as well as other needed gear. All models are, like said, armoured by models but everyone have yet to recieve a proppa' working armour that doesn't fall off in the middle of the battle (aka I need to get gold for that pesky armor, I've been saving every teef I had to get other stuff).

Enough rabbling talk, let's get on to the pictures and some introductions.

Here is the mob as a whole.

User Image

Heroes

Boss Grumlok Eegle 'eye, also wanting to be called "Kaptin" at times (habit he has taken after an encounter with a Reiklander Warband), and by orcy standards he is cunningly sneaky, but yet brutal as an orc should be.

User Image User Image User Image

As his "advisor" Grumlok have brought a shaman with him, Snik'snaga Wartbog. He's an orc to be reckoned with, and tough as nails and brutal for being a shaman, some of da boyz says he's a bit of a nutjob with a thick skull, but alas he is a shaman so they mostly ignore this weird behaviour.

User Image User Image

Snagrim Uzdreg, Grumlok's longest living luitenant in the warband (and also biggest threat to him) is a tough orc as well as fierce in combat. Quick to fire with his crossbow he seldom lets any enemy get away from him.

User Image

Grimdreg Ded'eyez is the newest recruit since the last big 'un fell in combat against the fierce undead (and raised to be a zombie as well),Grimdreg is ded' shooty with his crossbow and enjoys to have shootin' competitions with the other lads.

User Image

Finally we have the lad who got a bit of "talent", talent for injuries as da boss sometimes says.
This git has gotten his leg cut off, brain smacked into a weird position, lost an eye and scars to brag about!

User Image

Henchmen

In the heart of the mob we have Da arrerz, a group of enthusiastic boyz who have picked up a thing or two when it comes to shootin' and fightin'!

User Image

The brutal orcs who called themselves da plinkas has only one survivor, but he is 'ard as nails and tough as old boots! (he also wear them)

User Image

This orc is the only pure combat orc henchman in the group. Armed with his halberd he takes on any foe he can get to!

User Image

Every mob needs some individuals who set up the campfires, tents and hunt down feracious squigs for them! That's right, da runts.
This group of da runt (and da uvver runt) is eager to take part of the fights in Mordheim... at distance.

User Image

And finally, the pet of the boss, his "beloved" Mr. Squiggles!
User Image

That's pretty much my Warband this far, once they get more recruits I will add them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:19 am
'uze alwayz doz a perty paint jobz.

I loike da look of dem boyz, a right an' propa' shooty bunch dey iz.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Dread Dormammu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:32 pm
Snagrod could getz in a 'ood brawl wit des boyz!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:46 am
Thanks ya lot!

Bad news though, the lad with talent fell fighting a bloodletter (random happenings table), so he will forever stay on the shelf now.

But me halberd Orc showed the boss a bit of talent, and by being bigger and meaner he stole the crossbow from da plinka (I want my shooty heroes), and gave up his halberd to the Orc boy, who's waiting for another shooting weapon.

My arrerz managed to level up completely (14 games without being dead after the game is nifty), having ws and bs 4, strength 4 and 2 attacks, and as one of them actually took down a beastman hero leader in combat my boss decided they need combat weapons, so he bought them each a second dagger, and as the goblins have 2A each they got themselves swords (might swap with the orcs later or buy them their own swords).  

Shinobi_8745

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:27 pm
Dem crossbows look a bit weedie don't they? Other than that, excellent models as always! wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:41 pm
Dey be proppa looted! As I'm using the armored orcs as a base for my warband. wink

But yeah, they are a bit weedy, the current empire crossbows are better in size, but the very few I have is waiting for my black Orc warband~

Yes, I will have a shooty approach on the black orc warband too!  

Shinobi_8745

awesomesauce 29

4,450 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:03 pm
not to shabby i cant do detail that well i havnt got the patience i only enjoy putting them together but you could get a bit off cash for painting peoples units for them  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games