Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:32 pm
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

So summer is officially here now that school is out. In a little over a week, I'll be heading out for a summer-long trip which will undoubtedly contain a trip of my godfamily's lakehouse.
I need a new swimsuit, and I was considering buying my first ever bikini. But I'm worried about looking fat in it...
I'm 16, 116 lbs, 5'1", my BMI is supposed to be average. I usually wear sizes 0-4 depending on the store.
There's pics, too.

What do you girls think? Should I just go with the one-piece?
1 2 3

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:25 pm
I know this is gonna come out sounding a little strange... but you really shouldn't be concerned about whether or not you look fat in it! (And trust me, from the info given you don't sound fat at all sweetie.) One of my friends is a size 14, but she doesn't let that bother her and wears a bikini anyway because she thinks they're more comfortable than one pieces.

So if you want to try wearing a bikini, go for it! It doesn't really matter how your body looks or what you weigh as long as you feel comfortable in it and it fits properly. (And oh god, make sure it fits properly. When I went to my school's senior year picnic at the beach, a poor girl's bikini top didn't fit her properly and it slipped off while she was swimming.)

If you're still feeling a bit nervous about it but don't want to wear a one piece, you could also try a tankini instead. But just go with what feels the most comfortable. If you spend too much time worrying over how your body looks in your swimsuit, you'll miss out on all the fun you could be having!

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Noted Musician

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:36 pm
You have a pretty normal body, even though you shouldn't worry about how you look that much. If you're comfortable, that's all that matters. From the pictures, you have a good chance of pulling off a bikini. But like the girl above me said, try a tankini if you're still not sure. I have one now and it's really comfortable.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:11 am
You would look absolutely gorgeous in a bikini. But get whatever you are comfortable in, and keep in mind the kind of activity you'll be doing. I've definitely regretted wearing a bikini to the beach when I got in some rougher waves, because I have to keep fixing it.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 pm
Gurrl, 5'8'' and 186lbs, and I look good in a bikini. You have nothing to worry about. I think you have a great bikini body~  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 pm
That squiggly ~~ was supposed to sound kawaii, not lecherous.  

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

Angel Essayez

Adventuring Explorer

10,650 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:34 pm
I think that a bikini will suit you ^^, but you must wear the things that are comfortable for you ^^.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:59 pm
You'd look really good in a bikini!

You have nothing to hide biggrin  

Azaria Kain

takochuu

Shoujo Wife

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:21 pm
We are practically the same weight/height ect and I look pretty damn hot in a bikini ;D Go for it!
heart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:35 pm
your body looks fine my friend is the same height and a little bit chunks-ier. and she wears bikinis a lot. even more so a monokini.

Your gonna be fine in one don't worry.  

Lustnmisery

Dangerous Shapeshifter

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:21 pm
Hunny, trust me, you are NOT fat! You're taller than me and only weigh 116....I'm so jealous! You have an awesome body and I bet you would look great in a bikini! If you want to get one, then go for it! Get what ever makes you feel the best and remember, rock it proudly! m/  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:00 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

If you're never owned one, then you should definitely pick one up!

Wearing a bikini can be a reason to stress at first, but gradually you will become more comfortable with it as you wear it more often.
And, worst case scenerio, you still have last year's swimsuit as well. User Image

theEmocarebear

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

ll Angelic Agony ll

Distinct Noob

3,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:51 am
I say go for it! Personally, I go for the tankini with a skirt. But that's just me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 pm
If you wanna wear one, go for it! blaugh  

Chibi_Madoka5

Time-traveling Doll

39,175 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash