Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
Real Kira Case

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xRyiox

Melodious Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:59 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Murder

I heard about it a couple of years ago, and I thought I would share.

Though I also heard about this other case that called mass hysteria where a lot of people were dying of heart attacks in the kanto region of Japan a few years back and people were blaming it on a 'Kira' figure.

I concluded maybe it was something bad in their food or something. /shrug

I can't find the news article on that specific event though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:04 am
I heard about the manga murder a while ago as well... Is the case closed? I haven't found ANY new information on it since it happened.  

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

Notable Static

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:32 am
Ahh, yes. I remember this. It would have been terrifying to think someone could commit a crime based on the manga and actually get away with it, but thankfully the case has been solved. The identity of the culprits was never released, for some reason or other.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am
Bakuman just had a story arc where the main characters have to deal with a copycat criminal. For some reason, I never really considered how horrified the TOs must have been until then.

It's clear, though, that these clowns were not inspired by Death Note and just wanted to throw a red herring into a personal disagreement.  

DomaDoma

Death Note Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff