Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:39 pm
So I've been craving some cute shoujo mangas lately,
but honestly, every time I see the description for it, or the cover page,
I get turned off of it and don't read it.
Because most of them are very stereotypical sounding, or have obvious endings.

So, do any of you ladies know of any good ones? That have special plots, and are just really fantastic. Maybe it caught you off guard and the ending surprised you? The characters are out of the ordinary?
I dunno. I want to read a good shoujo manga and I just can't find any. Dx  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:22 am
the only ones i read like that is Vampire Knight and Oran Highschool thingy.

the only anime i read recently is Dance in a Vampire Blunt and idk what catigory that would fall under. i think it might be the guy one(since there is nude stuff). its not fluffy like the girl magna. so yeah im no help lol sweatdrop  

LacrymosaVampiress22

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:00 pm
Ah, nudity is fine. Hell, full on sex is fine, I've actually really really sweet, girly hentais before that were full of romance and plot.

But lately, searching on my own, all I can find is cute yuri and yaoi mangas. xD All the hetero ones are so... boring. Stereotypical. :c
Buuut, I've read a really cute manga named Girl Friends that I was super happy with reading.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:02 pm
I don't know if you would like it or not, but I really like the manga series "Absolute Boyfriend". The ending is kinda sad and has an interesting... twist (maybe, I dunno if it would actually be a twist or not)? I would suggest looking into it though. It has a typical high school love story type thing to it, but it is also kinda different. ^^  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:06 pm
I think you might like more josei manga (which is targeted to older women) rather than shoujo.

How about Paradise Kiss, Hikari to Tomoni... ~Jiheishouji o Kakaete~ (With the Light... -Raising an Autistic Child-), Sweet Cream & Red Strawberries / Strawberry Shortcakes, or Nodame Cantabile?

It's kinda hard to give a recommendation since I prefer eroguro manga.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:35 pm
I've never been one for 'cute' shoujo manga, but I liked Beast Master, Fruits Basket, and Karakuri Odette, myself.

They're pretty cute, I guess.

Ludwig Kakumei and After School Nightmare are absolute awesomesause shoujo without the cute.

flangella

Wheezing Sex Symbol

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm
My absolute favorites are Paradise Kiss and Mars, both are excellent series.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:02 pm
I Am Here! or Koko ni iru yo! , by Ema Toyama
The story follows a middle school girl named Hikage who has no friends because she is shy, and has the amazing talent of being so "plain" in appearance that she's completely unnoticed by her classmates. Her only two friends are the two followers on her blog that she writes under the alias "Sunflower". However, Hikage has a crush on Teru, one of the two most popular boys in school, and the only classmate to ever notice her. Hikage, with the support and advice of her two online friends, decides to try and become the kind of person she wants to be in order to become a part of the class.

I really like this story a lot. A bit of exaggerated drama that probably couldn't happen in real life, but it's not overbearing. Overall the relationships are cute, and the whole thing has a very real feel to it. The story mainly focuses on relying on your own strength as well as the people around you in order to grow as a person, and also touches the topics of real life vs. online friendship and bullying/isolation. The main characters are developed and well balanced, and it's got elements that make it unique.

I love this manga (and author) so much. I've been encouraging all my friends to read it.  

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items