Judgement Day/Rapture/The End of the World

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:14 pm
I'm actually surprised that no one has brought this up before now. I'm sure that we've all heard (in one way or another) that the Rapture was supposed to happen over the weekend. I was wondering everyone's thoughts on Harold Camping -- the man who tried to predict the end of the world in 1994, and then tried to rework his math. Let's try not to flame the man. We all know his efforts are in vain, but they do pose some interesting questions.

--Is it wrong to make such an attempt to uncover the date of the Rapture/start of judgements?
--Would Harold Camping qualify under the heading of "false prophet" or was he simply misguided?
--What do you think the effects of his prophecy not coming true are going to be on his followers?
--What do you think will happen to both Camping and his followers should October also be a letdown?
--Is there any way to convince the people who wholeheartedly believe in the coming Armageddon that they could be mistaken?

Camping's Math Formula to Predict the End of the World
Article by the Washington Post  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:01 pm
The thing is the bible clearly says no one not even Jesus while he was on the earth knew the day when the world would end and there will always be people who will predict it. Camping is just one of those guys. I hope people stop worrying about when it will end and focus on what you are doing now and live life for God. Sadly there is no way we can force someone to believe it could be a mistake because like the saying says you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it. Its the same with faith!  

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:24 pm
I like something an acquaintance of mine said. These people are just trying to prolong the end of the world by predicting it, because it they predict it, it's more than likely NOT going to happen on that day.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:25 am
Personally im starting to think he is falling under false prophet, we all know that God says not to predict it because noone knows the day nor the hour. And this time a girl actually commited suicide because she was afraid of the coming rapture, it's moved from a silly prediction to a serious thing, that people are starting to believe. And to your last comment that would be funny but wouldn't that be shortening the time before the rapture? I mean if he predicted it to be the 21st then wouldn't the least expected day be the 20th or the 19th razz  

Zolof Keeper Of Souls

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:49 am
The Amazing Ryuu
I like something an acquaintance of mine said. These people are just trying to prolong the end of the world by predicting it, because it they predict it, it's more than likely NOT going to happen on that day.

I kind of wonder that too. The campus pastor at my school said once, "Sometimes I wonder if God has a date picked, then someone chooses it and he has to scratch it off his calendar." xD

I'm actually reading Love Wins right now which kind of touches on it. He basically asserts heaven will be on the literal earth and over a slow period of time we will see a move towards a perfect world. I personally don't take Revelation literally, and I'm about half convinced it was actually about the fall of Rome so.... eh.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games