Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Forum Games
DEATH NOTE GAME SIGNUPS STARTING AGAIN Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadenlor

Dangerous Werewolf

4,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:52 pm
A Death Note forum Game I found on Cartoon World Forums Years ago. I was given permission to bring it here. I was invited by the guild master to bring it to this Guild and forums now.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Murder has never been so much fun.

A death Note Is what the Shinigami (gods of death) use to kill humans in order to extended their life spans. If a Shinigami drops his/her death note It becomes property of the human world and property of the first person who uses this death note. All you have to do Is write down his/her fist and last name into the note while having their face pictured in your mind. You can manipulate the time and Cause of death so long as it is physically possible. You cannot cause one person to kill another, unless you specifically Manipulate it in such a way it seems pure coincidence (see end of the first Live action death Note movie)
Typical flow of the game:
  1. Sign up period - 24-48 hours ~Speaks for it's self. If you miss out, too bad!
  2. Warm Up - 24 hours ~Shinigami/Watari pick Kira/L in this period.
  3. A turn - 23 hours ~This is where it all happens!
  4. Between turns - 1 hour ~The GM counts votes, etc. and then posts a summary of the turn.
    Repeat 3 and 4 for as long as necessary for the round to end.
  5. Recoil - As long as it takes! ~We decide who to GM next round, until then. Nothing much happens.
  6. New thread is created and we jump straight into sign ups.

THE RULES

• The game is divided into rounds. A round is ended when either Kira is voted out, L dies, or everyone other than L, Kira and Shinigami die.
    _
  • Each round is divided into as many turns as necessary for one team to win. Each turn lasts 23 hours and is up to the GM to decide when to start/finish a turn. The last hour is for the GM to count votes, write end of turn summary and what ever else they need to do.
    _
  • Each round is controlled by a Game Master. This person controls every aspect of the round from picking the rolls to managing all the votes that are cast. It is the GMs responsibility to be on the forum at the right time to finish/start a new turn and to provide a short description of everything that happened, who died, what rolls were revealed and for what reason, etc.
    _
  • Honorable mentions win a place in "The Shinigami King's Death Note."
    Basically your name, a descriptive title, and whatever you want to add. (A phrase, a quote, advice, anything)
    _
  • Roles are selected "randomly" by me. I'll PM you, if you have a role. Almost all roles are in secrecy (see below). If you are not given a role, you are considered town folk or townie. You have no special abilities.
    _
  • Each turn everyone votes who they think Kira is. Including Kira, Shinigami, Watari and L. Whoever gets the majority of the votes dies. When you die, you become a 'ghost' and loose the power your roll had. Also your roll is revealed and if you are revived, you get it back.
    _
  • Successor Rule
    Take the number of people playing and divide by 3 and round up.
    If Kira or L dies before this many others, no matter what turn it is, they choose a successor out of anyone. If the successor formally had a role, they now lose it. If that person is Kira, when that person is chosen, they PM a death on that same turn. (ie. the turn the original Kira died.) If L/Kira choses the current Kira or L respectively then that person dies and both Kira and L are asked to chose a different person, this is not considered a succession in and of itself. This rule is applied once for Kira and once for L. You can not pick Watari or Shinigami for your successor. If the chosen successor has a role, then they retain that role.
    The Kira successor is known as Misa and the L version is Near
    _
  • If I find that Watari is working for Kira or the Shinigami is working for L or some other worthy act, then they will earn a spot in the "World's most wanted" (Hall of Shame).
    THE ROLES

• Kira
      The mass murder. You'll PM me every turn on who will die and how. If the person you want dead is killed by the folk or you do not PM me, the Shinigami chooses who dies.
      If Kira is possessed, the possessor is told that they possessed a townie or if you are Misa then the ghost it told your previous roll.
      _
    • Shinigami
      You decide who Kira will be by PMing me who it will be, then I PM them. You can not die. If Kira is unable to kill someone, you decide who else dies.
      Each turn there is a 20% chance (A 1 or 2 on a 10 sided dice I roll) your vote will replace all of the ghosts votes, you get their votes as well as yours. Also if this happens then the ghost can not possess either.
      The Shinigami is going to want to keep Kira alive. Your title is revealed at the beginning of the round, and will therefore act as a goto guy for the Kira Team.
      The Shinigami can not be possessed.
      _
    • L
      Each round, you can tell me who you think Kira is through private message. If you're right, you win the round. If you're wrong, the person you said dies, and I tell Kira one alive person who isn't L, so tread carefully.
      If L is possessed then the ghost will only know you as a Townie or if you are Near then the ghost it told your previous roll.
      _
    • Watari
      You are publicly announced at the beginning of the round. You decide who L will be by PMing me who it will be, then I PM them.
      Three times during a round, you can stop the people's voting from killing someone by PMing me that you will stop it this turn. The third time you do this, the crowd is upset at your rulings and you die as well.
      _
    • Detective
      You're like a mini-L. If you think you know who either L or Kira is, you can PM me the name. If you're wrong, it doesn't matter, the only down is that you have to wait one turn before doing it again. If you're correct, I give you the choice to tell L or Kira you found out. Once you make the choice then I tell you which one you found out. If you chose to tell L then you are Watari next round and visa versa for the Shinigami/Kira.
      _
    • Police Chief
      You are publicly announced at the beginning of the round. Every turn, you can interrogate someone. By interrogate, I mean you tell me who you want to know more about and I reveal who they are. Townies are not hidden and Kira or L will be shown as a towns person. If you interrogate the Murderer or Assassin then they die.
      You can reveal this information publicly.
      You can also arrest three people every other turn, which prevents them from voting.
      _
    • Suicidal Maniac
      You can choose to kill yourself. When you do, I randomly select one person and I reveal their title to you. (L or Kira is a possibility.)
      Without saying their name, avatar or signature in any way, you can write a suicide note saying anything you want, and I will post it on the thread.
      If you die because of suicide, you also have special ghost rules. (see below)
      _
    • Protector
      Each turn, you choose to guard one person that isn't yourself from the mob-beating. If that person is voted out, you can save them, but your title is revealed.
      You do not protect whoever is voted out in general, just one person you chose. If they aren't voted for your title is still revealed but nothing else happens.
      _
    • Murderer
      Every turn, you can choose to murder someone. You have a 20% chance of killing them, and a 50% chance of wounding them. (If someone is wounded, they can't vote or use their powers next turn.) However, you also have a 10% chance of being caught. In which case, you are killed.
      If you kill two people in a round without being caught, I tell Kira who you are and Kira will be unable to kill you.
      if you are force interrogated you die.
      18 PEOPLE OR MORE

• Lawyer
      You PM me telling me that you want to defend the person being voted out that turn. I flip a coin. If heads, you win the case, and the person is saved. Not only that, but if that person has a role, out of gratitude for saving you, they let you control their role and vote for one turn, meaning they can't vote, but your vote counts for two. If tails, they still die, and you have a 10% chance of dying yourself. If you lose three times, you lose your role.
      _
    • Doctor
      If someone is wounded, you can heal them with a 50% chance of success. If you succeed, you can control their role and vote for one turn. If you fail, the wound gets worse (hangs around for another turn). If you fail three times, you lose your role.
      You can also revive the dead by choosing who you want to revive with a 10% chance of success. If you fail, you can't try reviving that person for the rest of the round. If you succeed, you can never be voted out by the town people.
      _
    • Town Fanatic
      You start the game off knowing who half the peoples roles are privately. (Kira, L, Murderer and Assassin are never revealed to you.)
      Townies are considered role less and aren't included in the calculation for half.
      Every Saturday, your title is revealed in the act of you introducing yourself to everyone at the town's High School football game.
      30 PEOPLE (MAX)

• Assassin
      The Mini-Kira. Once per round you can kill one person 100% with no sacrifice. If the Police Chief interrogates you, you are killed.
      _
    • Debt Collector
      Every day (turn), you may control up to two people's vote. (if Kira or L, you are told they are only a townie) You can only only use this power twice a week.
      THE LEFT OVERS!

• Ghosts
      You vote just as other people do. Once per turn, a single ghost (first in, best dressed), unless otherwise stated, can chose to possess anyone and control their roll and vote for one turn. The appropriate owner of that title unable to do anything. The next turn, all ghosts, except the suicide, are unable to vote or possess.
      _
    • Ghost of the Suicidal Maniac
      Same rules as the ghosts but if you died by suicide then the following changes:
      ~You are not affected by the other ghosts actions, if they possess and you don't then you can still vote and possess next turn and visa versa for your possession/their votes and possession.
      ~If one of the other ghosts possess in a turn then you can still possess as well, ie. two possessions in a turn.
      ~The Shinigami has no power over you. You vote every turn and you can possess every other turn weather or not the Shinigami's power is activated.
      _
    • Townspeople
      Townies are role-less.
      Each towns person is given two people that are also townspeople, forming triangles of knowledge as the two I give you also know each other and you. Kira and L are included in the triads also. Sometimes I will give some groups of 4 in order to fit everyone in.
      If one half of the townspeople PM me, they can force-interrogate someone. The first person that reaches the GM decides who to interrogate. This interrogation is done publicly. Kira is NOT hidden, but L is. If the person interrogated is Kira, he dies, and the game is over. Kira and L can Force Interrogate also. This allows Kira to conceal himself better.
      Among the townspeople are three Childhood Bullies. If they are killed by Kira, I tell L one person that isn't Kira. This is NOT considered a role.

FINAL NOTES

So as you can see, you either want L to succeed or Kira. We need at least nine people to start the game, but a lot more makes it more fun. Each round I'll edit this post to keep track of who's playing and who's who, if a title is revealed.
    To join the game just post saying something like "I sign up." You can't join half way through a round though, wait until sign ups start.
    If you have an idea to make the game better then check the poll at the top to see if it's there. If your suggestion isn't there them PM me and I might add it to the next poll.
    PLAYERS THIS ROUND

(asterisk denotes permanent player no need to sign up each round)
    Shadelor*-GM
    Ayame Naruki
    DomaDoma-Watari
    AlmostRulingtheWorld
    Animeissuperawesome-Shinigami
    Za_Juu_Iki
    DayraSilvermist
    switzerland_xx
    posien11
    Broken hearted SOS10
    Spaxxic9000
    Kisame_5432-Police Chief
    This Game is played on the Yugioh The Abridged Series Forum and was Conceived By HeavyDDR. The rules that appear here have been modified by ccdemon for better clarity and to enhance the game play.
    also this is being played on cartoon world forums i just brought here for more games

User Image

[hr][/hr]
    RULES FOR GMS - READ CAREFULLY

• The GM for each round will copy the code of this post and create a new thread using this code. To do so just hit the quote button at the top, copy the code you get to a new thread and remove the quote code. Once done, post a link in the old forum to the new one and the old GM will set the old one to closed
    • You are therefore responsible for the management of the game and its rules.
    • Try not to change rules mid-round, everyone hates it.
    • You must maintain the formating contained in this post.
    • If there is a dispute or question of the rules then you decide what to do, not me (ccdemon). If there is something that needs to be made clear then edit the rules accordingly so that it is made clear for future rounds.
    • For HoS spots make the "Round ##" as a link to that thread.
    • If you receive reasonable suggestions for rule changes then make it into a poll and if an option gets over 50% then set it up for next round.
    • If you are unsure about anything then ask Shadenlor or, if need be, the other GMs

There is an excel spreadsheet available that will help you manage rolls and the like, just PM Shadenlor with your email address for a copy.
    The Shinigami King's Death Note
    Hall of Fame

Click on each round to visit that archived round

NONE yet
    The World's Most Wanted
    Hall of Shame

none yet
    User Image

ALL ART AND THE POST BELONG TO ccdemon who as far as i know is not on gaia. the game was created by heavyddr again not on gaia neutral  

• Shadenlor

Dangerous Werewolf

4,900 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Elocutionist 200
    • Person of Interest 200

Ayame Naruki

5,750 Points
    • Citizen 200
    • Befriended 100
    • Popular Thread 100
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:02 pm
    I'd like to play please!!! (It actually sounds like this game I was playing at school earlier called Mafia...((It was like the BEST social game ever.)))  
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:20 pm
    Ayame Naruki
    I'd like to play please!!! (It actually sounds like this game I was playing at school earlier called Mafia...((It was like the BEST social game ever.)))
    Your now signed up and as first signup you may choose If you would like to be watari or the shinigami otherwise, I will delegate another role to you  

Shadenlor

Dangerous Werewolf

4,900 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Elocutionist 200
    • Person of Interest 200

Ayame Naruki

5,750 Points
    • Citizen 200
    • Befriended 100
    • Popular Thread 100
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:28 pm
    Shadenlor
    Ayame Naruki
    Your now signed up and as first signup you may choose If you would like to be watari or the shinigami otherwise, I will delegate another role to you

Could you choose a role for me?  
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:33 pm
    This is, like, the most ridiculously complicated Mafia game ever. Sign me the heck up!

I think I'll be assigned a random role as well, but if nobody in the next four posts volunteers to be Watari, I can do that as well.  

DomaDoma

AlmostRulingTheWorld
    Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:51 pm
    Yes please! O3O  
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:53 pm
    DomaDoma
    This is, like, the most ridiculously complicated Mafia game ever. Sign me the heck up!

I think I'll be assigned a random role as well, but if nobody in the next four posts volunteers to be Watari, I can do that as well.

that's 2  

Shadenlor

Dangerous Werewolf

4,900 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Elocutionist 200
    • Person of Interest 200

Shadenlor

Dangerous Werewolf

4,900 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Elocutionist 200
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:54 pm
    AlmostRulingTheWorld
    Yes please! O3O

3 down, at most 27 to go, atleast 5 lol  
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:11 pm
    Shadenlor
    AlmostRulingTheWorld
    Yes please! O3O

I hope a ton of people sign up!  

AlmostRulingTheWorld
    Crew

Shadenlor

Dangerous Werewolf

4,900 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Elocutionist 200
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:14 pm
    AlmostRulingTheWorld
    Shadenlor
    AlmostRulingTheWorld
    Yes please! O3O

so do i. The more the merrier so the saying goes  
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:14 pm
    Shadenlor
    AlmostRulingTheWorld
    Shadenlor
    AlmostRulingTheWorld
    Yes please! O3O

so do i. The more the merrier so the saying goes

Very true  

AlmostRulingTheWorld
    Crew

-I Left Forgotten I-
    Crew

3,400 Points
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    • Alchemy Level 1 100
    • Tycoon 200
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:55 pm
    could I play?  
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:57 pm
    LightYagamiisawesome
    could I play?
    Of course. Would you like to be watari or the shinigami? or a random role?
    Same goes for any current sign ups since Watari and Shinigami have to exist before L or Kira are chosen  

Shadenlor

Dangerous Werewolf

4,900 Points
    • Brandisher 100
    • Elocutionist 200
    • Person of Interest 200
    Forum Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers