Submit

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:23 am
'Cause I'm too pleased with the progress of a new project of mine to not show it off razz
User Image

They're for an adaptation of Necromunda I've been trialing at my gaming centre.

The Boomers' arms are crappy right now. I have yet to decide how to go about finishing them.
The Hunter is.. Iffy. I might do more to his legs, rather then leave the Mantic zombie robes in place.

And the Tank had a head until half an hour before writing this. I decided I'm loking these too much to just keep them as they are. Alt' bits will be made, so the arms and head of the tank are loose.

Other "special" zombies planned are the Spitter, and potentially the Witch  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:50 am
well thats... wow. just wow, well done good sir!  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:31 am
And my friends call me coach! Football!

Will the spitter look as ******** unnerving as the one ingame?  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:46 am
Kaori Kapoigne
And my friends call me coach! Football!

Will the spitter look as ******** unnerving as the one ingame?

I am currently torn as to how to do her/it.
I'm not after exact copies, but I think for her sake I will try.
I might try a more haunched over back, though, more like a Warhammer ghoul.

And thanks smile  

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:45 am
Oh, please do share their rules, we're working on our own zombie stuff and would love to, "be inspired" by others. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:53 am
I spy Mantic parts! wink  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:02 am
Lt. Brookman
I spy Mantic parts! wink

Oh yes, I needed to use those lovely arms for the Hunter :3

I shall post rules, for all of the zombies we've thrown together. We are mostly going by Necromunda rules, but with the close combat system torn out because rolling for every model in combat begins to be painful when you're fighting off 6 of them per character..
We're also using seperete figures for each player. Kind of like a rpg, we pick classes of survivor to play with, each with their own special rules and weapon choices [Like heavy, runner, doc', melee, duel wielder etc]

Zombies;
No fear; They never have to take leadership tests.
Crawlers;
When downed, zombies will not be able to get back up by a conventional recover roll.
They can still crawl like a normal downed model, and use their conventional statline, but they do not get the extra attack dice for having two knives.

In their recovery phase, they use the following chart;
1 - Bleed out [We have this, so that there's a half chance they will be removed, rather than having to calculate -1 ws for every zombie it applies to] - Remove the model from play.
2-5 - Down - Remains crawling
6 - Really dead - Remove from play

Clumsy - zombies do not get any bonus for charging.
They can not sprint [typically].

Zombie bite - If a player is taken out of action in combat with zombies, roll a D3.
This is how long they remain in the land of the living, before coming back as a friendly, and potentially shooty zombie.
They keep their base stats, but their Ws is now 2, and their Bs is now 1.
They can use any weapon they previously held.

Every turn D4 [or D3 + 1 for people without friends with dice collections as varied as mine] zombies get back to their feet. Likewise, another D4 [or as above] zombies sprint in one turn.

Unlike the rules for the following zombies; "Specials"
They may always sprint, unless otherwise stated, and do not go down when hit. Instead, they remain fully mobile until death.

Tangler;
Based on the idea of the "Smoker", the Tangler is a monster whose arms have mostly rotten down to hardered cords of muscle, that it uses at short range to entangle and trap survivors.
The Tangler is a terrifying prospect for Gangers left on their own, as the sheer ferocity and overwhelming number of tentacles can disorientate them and catch them out in combat. Against greater numbers, the effectiveness of Tangler is somewhat diminished.

Muscle whip;
Uses the flamer template.
It counts as a ranged close combat attack, using the victims' and the Tanglers Ws to calculate hits.
However, the Tangler will begin to be less effective if there are more than one victim under his template.
To show this, his base Ws of 5 will be taken down by one for every other survivor underneath it.
So 2 victims would bring his Ws to 4, 3 would drag it down to 3, 4 to 2 and so on.
What's more, he may allocate his attacks seperately to any model underneath the template.
So out of his base of 5, 3 may go on one model, and he may allocate the last two individually to any other two who may be under.
The attack is made at the Tanglers base strength.
Tangled models may not move or shoot at all until either the Tangler is dead, or a friendly model has moved within 2" ["Friendly" may be a model who is turning into a zombie, but has not yet reached his time limit]
The Tangler is also limited in movement while Tangling, and can only move around the length of the flamer template from the victim farthest from him.

Climber; The Tangler uses his tentacles to climb vertical objects with little difficulty. When rolling Initiative tests for climbing surfaces, it counts as having an I of 5.

Dodgy; 4+ save against wounds.

Hunter;
You know enough of the Hunter for me to not need to describe him.

Pounce;
The Hunter can pounce 8". This is seperate from his typical movement, so he may sprint 8", and then make an 8" pounce, and may pounce after using other abilities.
His typical movement is treated as per usual [initiative tests as needed] but his pounce is unaffected by terrain.
What's more, the power of his attack if pouncing is enhanced if he jumps from a great height.
For every inch of height he falls from, he gains a 1+ bonus to Ws and S.

Warning Screech;
The Hunter can use his screech to warn and scare his victims.
He may pick a model within 24", they must then make a leadership check or will be unable to move and shoot in their next turn.
This may be used in conjunction with the Pounce ability, to prevent prey running away.

Behemoth [tank];
Terrifying Presence;
All gangers who can draw a line of sight to the Behemoth are at Ld3

GRAB, SHAKE, THROW!
Behemoths' enjoy much more than simply pumelling. It has been found that those who enjoy a healthy exercise of hurling Survivors huge distances are often far happier in their day-to-day life.
They take every opportunity to enhance their days with this activity, and whenever in base-contact with a survivor, they have a chance to do so.
If they roll a 6 to hit, they have just taken hold of their poor victim, and are preparing to throw them.
The Zombie player may now designate any area within 18"
Place the model there.
Now, roll the scatter dice and 2D6
The model is moved to this location. This is where the model has "bounced" to. It takes 1 point of damage for every inch travelled, and each hit is worked out at Str 2.

Crushing movement;
Behemoths don't take kindly to lesser zombies obstructing the path to their prey.
and they will remove said obstructions without hesitation, or any discernible effort.
If any zombies lay in their movement path, they are instantly removed from play.

Hurly burly;
The Behemoth is an incredibly violent creature, and often picks up things around him to hurl it at prey who're too far to catch up to.
He has a ranged attack with a maximum range of 18"
It uses a small blast marker, and is treated as if having thrown a grenade.

All models hit suffer one S 5 hit.

Boomer;
Puke;
Uses the Flamer template.
All survivors hit byt the attack suffer a -1 Ws & Bs pentalty in their next turn.
In addition, all zombies within 24" must sprint 8" towards the victims in their next turn.

Putrid Bloat;
When killed, the Boomer erupts in a cloud of blood, bile and bone.
Place the small blast marker over the spot he died, all survivors under the blast suffer from the puke rule as shown above.
In addition, they suffer a single Str 3 hit.

Spitter;
Virulent phlegm;
The Spitter launches corrosive bile over huge distances to force survivors out of hiding.
Not only is it dangerous to flesh, but it can easily render armours utterly useless, too.
User Image
* The Spitter must recharge once fired. This takes two turns.
In addition, any model successfully wounded suffers a permanent -1 modifier to their armour save.
This affect will stack.

When the Spitter dies, place a small blast marker over the place it died.
Any survivor under the blast will suffer from the attack explained above unless they can pass an initiative test. [Roll D6, get equal or below their I value]

Stats for the special zombies;
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 am
Hmm, looks good, I think it's time to start shopping around for a suitable zombie hunting mini. ninja  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:43 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Hmm, looks good, I think it's time to start shopping around for a suitable zombie hunting mini. ninja

Well Heresy has that beautiful range of coated gangers..
Hasslefree has a load of lovely models..

I personally quite like just converting Catachan. Big, muscley and mean lookin'

We use "Classes" of survivors in our games, rather than gangs etc. So far it's gone nicely.
I could post them if you'd fancy a skim over the ideas?  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:50 pm
Yes please, it never hurts to compare notes. whee  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:12 pm
Quickest way to do this would be using screenies, so here's a load of images;

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Extra ammo wargear grants a +1 modifier to the ammo rolls.
For weapons that have automatic ammo rolls, every survivor throws one D3 into a dice pool, if the collective score is 6 or more, the check is passed.

Medi-kits are used instead of shooting if a model has lost wounds/ suffered a fleshwound.
In a turn, a survivor can forgo shooting to regain one lost wound.
This will also undo the affects of one flesh Wound [Ws & Bs brought up by one].  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:25 pm
And so my game went on and progressed, and we found new ideas and new ways to play..
We revised the rules and fluff and set it in a modern day setting.
2012, actually ninja

Zombie necro'

This is the current fluff behind the game setting.
The classes are no longer as "simple" as they were, and I came up with a large list of new guns.
Each survivor gains xp as they kill things, with which they gain advances in "Tier"
Classes are optional. But must be paid for.
Classes gain new rules as they advance through Tiers, and each new Tier has new weapon options.

In Necro campaigns, there were "Territories" and I took a different take on these, giving survivors up to three "amenities" that grant various bonuses.
Like, a popcorn machine that grants extra XP after gamers, for survivors taking to safe-spots and watching the Z's, learning more about them.
And the Workshop, where they can make new ammo

We played one game so far, and it was bloody brilliant.

I have not had time to arrange all of the individual zombie rules in the newest incarnation of the thread over on that forum, yet, but it will be done!

Tanksareevendeadliernow  

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100