Reply Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}
Off Topic: SUPERHEROES!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 am
When I say Superheroes, I'm not talking about "Batman" or "Superman". I'm not talking about the nurses, doctors, firefighters, and cops who are sometimes given the moniker. I'm talking about Superheroes, who do not exist only in the the comics any more.

Beware: Dangerous self promotion ahead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vlT-df5e20

He also fights crime. And has a robot. The Documentary, More than Just a Mask, follows several of these people, who are on a mission to destroy apathy once and for all.

As Journalist Tea Krulos explains, this isn't a new thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6gl6Z4VuI4&feature=related

And those are my promotional clips, with unfixed audio, of course. It's a fantastic, hour long documentary following heroes like Citizen, Abyss, Geist, Watchman, and many, many others. Some of them fight crime, some of them give food and clothing to the homeless. Some of them are pretty stable, some border on insanity. All of them are amazing.

My job, over the last six months, has been to follow these people around, interview them, and document everything. Quite frankly, it's been the adventure of a life time.

The Documentary is due for Christmas of 2011.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:31 pm
Love it.

I think sometimes I aspire to be a super hero on a much smaller scale than some of these people.

freelance lover
Crew

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:07 pm
Well the whole idea behind the movie is, well, I want people to have those aspirations. If people can go out, in costume, and patrol for crime, give food to the homeless, devote months at a time to charity, the least you can do is donate some food or old clothes, or not decide "It's not your business" if you see something or hear something happening.

I'm going to be honest, working on this movie has changed me in some ways. I've never been the type of person to walk past a bad situation, and decide it's not my business. No, I call the police, or help out. But.... Nowadays, when i walk down the street, I pay attention, to make sure that their isn't anything happening, to make sure nobody needs help.  
Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games