Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:36 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff
"We need not look into the future, because today is what we should be worrying about"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Age:11 Height: 4'10" Weight: 100 lbs Birthday: 30 April

He flew back to Ein from the goalposts so Ein didn't have to yell for Devin to hear him. He heard his idea, and quite frankly, wanted to do it. He needed some practice for keeper, and this is exactly what he needed.

"That sounds like a lot of fun to me. I'll be keeper," he said to Ein, briefly looking at the girl, awaiting her confirmation. He hoped she liked him, for he didn't try to seem mean. He traveled to the goalposts, getting his equipment ready, and mentally prepared himself. He waited eagerly for them to make their approach.

Mood: Eager Class: Quidditch Pitch Relationship Status: Single

[OOC: Alright, I was looking over that yesterday. This should be fun smile ]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:16 pm
User Image

User Image

Charlotte was exceptionally glad today. Not only did she have a brief break from classes, but the gleaming Firebolt 2 in her sweaty palm charged her otherwise nonexistent confidence. As she strode onto the pitch, her stomach churned as she spotted several first years and a second year who all seemed to be trying for chaser. Charlotte's brow creased and she began to fret, but she soon caught herself and shook away these glum feelings. She'd been awaiting this day for over a year, and she would not lose hope.

As she'd seen last year when she'd watched the try-outs, a fold-out table sat near the field's entrance. Charlotte chose this as her destination and quickly walked to it, palms shaking. Leaning her quality broom against the table, she took up a quill and jotted down her sign-in in her best handwriting.

Quote:
QUIDDITCH TRY-OUTS SIGN-IN SHEET
NAME: Charlotte Hattington
YEAR: 2nd
DESIRED POSITION: Chaser

Once again, nervousness took over the girl's mind as she saw the sign-in sheet. Many were signing up for chaser, and there was only one vacant spot... unless they could beat out the upper classmen. Unlikely, Charlotte decided as she remembered the skill displayed last year. She turned away from the table as quickly as she could to avoid any further confidence killers. Gazing at the pitch, she searched until she found the face she knew quite well. It was a face she'd come to revere, although she'd never met with it's possessor. It was Bailey Oliver, Head Girl, Quidditch Captain, Seeker... The list went on. The girl was Charlotte's role model. Now, as she was about to meet her for the first time, Charlotte's confidence was reduced even more.

This is really not my day,
she thought glumly. Shaking her head, she grabbed her Firebolt and put on the most confident face she could and walked up to Bailey. "H-Hi," Charlotte swallowed. "I'm Charlotte Hattington, here to try out for chaser. Do you think I could take a couple starter laps without the quaffle? I fly better when I'm warmed-up. Your choice though. You're captain." Realizing that she was talking too much, Charlotte blushed and backed off a little, trying her best not to sound pushy.

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:30 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
Bailey's attention was grasped by a younger girl who approached her with a question. Gleaming down at her, she nodded slowly, the name Charlotte bringing up memories of last year's sorting ceremony. "Pleasure to meet you, Charlotte. I'm glad you've chose to attend try-outs, and I would be more than happy to allow you to warm-up at your own pace." Her words were nearly musical as she glanced down at the sign-in sheet to check that the girl had filled it out.

"We're still waiting on a few more people before we can start, so feel free to come get a quaffle when you're ready, or join the crowd up there in the mock battle they seem to be holding. Let me know if you have any other questions or need any help." Bailey patted Charlotte encouragingly on the shoulder before raising her eyes to the sky, watching the progress of each student closely.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:28 pm
User Image

User Image

A smile formed in Charlotte's eyes as the Head Girl patted her on the back. Her confidence had been restored, and now it was her time to impress. If she failed, she wouldn't make the team, and she wouldn't let that happen. After thanking Bailey, she wrapped her fingers around the Firebolt and mounted the broom. Since she'd ridden it over the summer, she'd established a bond with it, and aside from a few misplaced tail twigs, the broom was in prime condition. She kicked hard against the ground, and took off.

The Firebolt 2 wasn't quite as fast as the latest Nimbus, but that goes without saying that it's not uber fast. The wind against Charlotte's face blinded her momentarily, and a feeling of exhilaration filled her up. She began to zip around the pitch, laughing due to pure enjoyment. Flying was Charlotte's one true passion, and she did it quite well. After a couple quick laps, Charlotte eyed the goal posts, an idea forming in her mind. It was a bit dangerous, but if she pulled it off, it might raise some eyebrows. Charlotte considered it briefly, and then gave in to her own temptation. Zooming toward the posts at full speed, she began to worry a bit, adrenaline coursing through her veins. At last minute, she veered left, then right, then left again, squaloming the posts at full speed. After about twelve seconds of daredevilish fun, Charlotte pulled out of the squalom, a smile across her face. The move had been accomplished with perfect grace. Now, knowing she was warmed up, she flew up to the fray that a few other students were participating in. "Mind if I join you?" She asked to no one in particular.

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 am
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff
"We need not look into the future, because today is what we should be worrying about"

"Yes you may," Devin said to the new girl, being as polite as possible. She seemed extremely nice, so he should treat her as politely as possible. He always got along with polite people. He really did not know why.

"It'll be a 3-on-1, just like a normal match is. I mean, of course you will not have a bloody Bludger following you around day," he said, laughing at that fact. He hated the Bludger with a passion. He's got hit with one on more than on occasions at home. He passed out once because a Bludger had hit him straight in the jaw.

"By the way, my name is Devin Cloud. It's nice to meet you," he said, putting his hand out to shake hers. He waited for her reaction

Mood: Eager Class:Quidditch PitchRelationship Status: Single

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:07 am
Kaera Frisk
5th Year
Hufflepuff Prefect and Beater

Kaera made her way onto the pitch, a smile spread across her face as she eagerly clutched her broom, waving towards Bailey with her free hand. She was excited for Quidditch to be starting up again, and she couldn't wait to get in the air to see what the potential new teammates would bring.

((will get layout later..))  

Rechosia

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:37 am
User Image

User Image

Charlotte curiously turned to see who had responded to her. It was an attractive first-year with blonde hair and a beater's build. He spoke in a polite manner, and Charlotte guessed that he must have a decent soul. This brought back memories of when she had met Jess, her best friend. The girl had been a slytherin, but that hadn't stopped Charlotte from seeing past her house and her blood. She remembered being on the train with her not that long ago and smiled fondly. Without Jess, Charlotte wouldn't have even found the courage to show up at the pitch. Returning to the present, she found herself gazing into the eyes of the blonde first-year. She smiled politely at him, though a competitive twinkle shined in her eye. This was her chance to show how well she could play, and she didn't give up chances like that. She nodded eagerly. "Charlotte Hattington," she spoke while shaking Devon's hand, "Though most people just call me Kat."

With that, she dove a bit and rounded back up to take her place among the other two potential chasers. One of them, a second-year, was holding the quaffle. She seemed to know what she was doing, and Charlotte hoped she would be able to gain the upper hand. In the meantime, she had to play it cool and show off her own polished abilities. Glancing at the second year, she spoke up, "You can start with the quaffle since you had it first. Should we start at the opposite end of the pitch or just take shots from here? By the way, I'm Charlotte. Good luck!" She gave the girl a genuine smile. Although she was competing against the girl, she didn't want to become enemies or anything. It was against her nature to be rude.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:38 am
Rechosia
Kaera Frisk
5th Year

Kaera made her way onto the pitch, a smile spread across her face as she eagerly clutched her broom, waving towards Bailey with her free hand. She was excited for Quidditch to be starting up again, and she couldn't wait to get in the air to see what the potential new teammates would bring.

[[OOC: Just to let you know Rec, Kaera was removed from the roster last year with the other inactive players after I had PMd warnings to everyone (See the two rosters on page 5). She'll be likely to earn her spot back since there are two beater positions open and she is an older student, but she will still have to compete for it like all of the other players. Sorry.
stressed ]]  

Porcelaine Ivory

Rechosia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 am
P0IS0N IV0RY
Rechosia
Kaera Frisk
5th Year

[[OOC: Just to let you know Rec, Kaera was removed from the roster last year with the other inactive players after I had PMd warnings to everyone (See the two rosters on page 5). She'll be likely to earn her spot back since there are two beater positions open and she is an older student, but she will still have to compete for it like all of the other players. Sorry.
stressed ]]

((D: I don't remember getting that pm! Even so, I haven't had internet since August. I honestly don't remember getting anything about that sad ))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:07 pm
Rechosia
P0IS0N IV0RY
Rechosia
Kaera Frisk
5th Year

stressed ]]

((D: I don't remember getting that pm! Even so, I haven't had internet since August. I honestly don't remember getting anything about that sad ))

[[OOC: I'll put her back on since there is two open beater positions with only one student seeking to fill one, and because her seniority would give her the spot anyhow, but she must attend all future try-outs to keep her position on the roster.
stressed ]]  

Porcelaine Ivory

Maiya Kajuji rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 6, 6, 5, 2, 5, 2, 5, 1 Total: 34 (10-100)

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:44 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Jane quietly in an awkward tone and rubbed the back of her head. It seemed as though the boy had taken her actions in the wrong way but she was simply competitive and didn't plan on losing out to a first year. She had practiced hard and she was going to get on this team.

Jane smiled as more students joined them. It was more of a challenge that way, it was especially great when a second year joined them. Jane had seen her a few times but never spoken to her, of course it was rare that she talked to people, especially one here age. Jane had always been able to make friends easier with people who were older then her, her mother had always claimed it was because she was more mature.

"Well I'd like to try from here just to get a feel for it if you all don't mind." Jane said eager to test her new Nimbus 2001 that Thomas had bought her. "Let's do this" She said with a large smile.

ooc;
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 8, 4, 3, 9, 3, 10, 8, 10, 2 Total: 66 (10-100)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:05 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff

Devin had awaited her shot eagerly. He wondered how he would fair out this time.

Mood: Eager Class: Quidditch PitchRelationship Status: Single

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:15 pm
((Okay I did that wrong. I didn't mean to roll I was just testing it out and forgot to take it off before I posted, so should I throw it in the next post and roll again?))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:17 pm
(Fine stressed lol)  

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Maiya Kajuji rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 10, 3, 7, 9, 2, 7, 9, 1 Total: 58 (10-100)

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:28 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

After a few moments Jane through the quaffle. She had no build up, she simply chucked the ball. She honestly just wanted to see if she could make it through that way. She'd get in to the more complex moves later. For now it would do.

ooc; sorry!
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas