Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Unknown Apothecary rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 10, 3, 10, 8, 2, 3, 2, 1 Total: 52 (10-100)

Unknown Apothecary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:34 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

There was a short discontented sigh as the Quaffle flew into Nevin's ready hands. Still this would not discourage him. Well at least not totally. Flying around the goal posts and resuming his old position, he responded to Ryn's compliment. It wasn't a great job. It didn't go in. But then again, he was facing against a keeper that had the position for some time now. It would have been a bloody miracle if he was able to do it on the first try. Trying not to discourage himself any longer, he looked at Bailey and gave a small nod.

Once more, the boy sped up to the goal posts. His broom swerved left and right this time, trying to confuse Nevin any way he could before he took his shot. Leaning back, he took his hands off the broom for a quick second to get an even stronger potential force. Twisting his whole body, he shot the Quaffle in one sweeping motion before putting both hands back on the broom so that he could at least see if his throw made it near before he could fall down.

User Image
User Image

MysticHoneyRose rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 10, 9, 3, 3, 4, 1, 10, 1, 2 Total: 45 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:11 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nevin laughed a little when Ryn appologized. Yeah,he seemed to be developing some issues when it came to losing. He really needed to work on that. "Its ok Ryn and you go after him" Nevin said motioning to Lennox. It was after saying this he noticed the boy coming at him again. He turned and readied himself on his broom. His eyes watched him as he moved from one end to the other, trying to confuse him. He'd need to move faster than that to lose his focus on him.

When he wound himself up and threw the Quaffle Nevin was taken back by it a bit. Such an arm this kid had. If he wasn't careful and got hit by one of those he may actually fall of. As it closed in on the goal he shot up towards it and reached out....

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:14 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nevin had clearly over shot his rush and the quaffle sped past him and into the goal. His speed of taking off mixed with his abrupt stop almost caused him to flip off his broom. He took a moment and stared at the hole wondering how he could have missed that. Cursing under his breath he got back into possition and prepared himself for Ryn's throw. Inside he was yelling at himself. Really, what was wrong with him. How could he have gotten so bad so quickly...it made no sense to him...at all.

"Good job Lennox, you'll be one of our best " he said in a slightly forced tone. He meant it but his attitude at the moment covered that fact.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:52 am
User Image
User Image
MAGIC IS MY STRENGTH POWER IS MY WEAKNESS
User Image
Bailey clapped her good hand loud against her forearm, doing her best to avoid inflicting any more pain on what seemed like an unhealable wrist, bound inside its brace. "Well done, Lennox! Looks like we've got ourselves a new chaser, guys!" Her cheers echoed across the pitch, and a wide grin slipped into place on her lips. She could already tell that the the boy would make a great addition to their team, now she just needed to work on finding a new beater, and possibly another chaser...
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

VixenViVi rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 1, 1, 1, 8, 10, 10, 8, 5, 8 Total: 59 (10-100)

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:42 pm
User Image
User Image

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「I hope I don't upset him」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Her Team」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Nervous.」
~ - ~ωild Ϩtyle~ - ~

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn put two fingers in her mouth, giving a loud whistle, to congratulate Lennox on joining the team. "I'm glad to have you watching my back!" she told the boy with a laugh. Moving to the center of the pitch, she readied herself once more. "Alright Nevin! One more shot!" and she got in her familar form, her body hugging close to the handle and her eyes set forward at her target. She quickly covered the space in little time and upon reaching it she threw with a little hesitation. She didn't want to upset Nevin once again.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

MysticHoneyRose rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 8, 1, 7, 9, 8, 8, 7, 8 Total: 68 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:57 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nevin once again prepared himself for Ryn's shot. He tried to get his mind together so he could focus entirely on this . He watched her as she sped toward him then launched himself yet again at the Quaffle....  

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:00 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nevin smirked a seocond before the Quaffle reached him. He was going to catch it this time for sure. Once it was in his hands he did a forward flip and rose back up and let out a loud cheer. "Nice try Ryn!! Your getting faster though" he said very obviously happy about his victory. He tried to keep his boasting to a minimum but he couldn't help it. He was just too happy that he was not doing as bad as he thought.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:40 pm
User Image
User Image
MAGIC IS MY STRENGTH POWER IS MY WEAKNESS
User Image
Clapping vigorously, Bailey descended towards the rest of her teammates, snitch in hand. "All right, guys! Great job today! I think I've seen enough. Let's wrap it up and get some rest. I'll post the new roster up in the common room later tonight. Not that you all don't already know you've made the team." The brunette winked enthusiastically, diving towards the ground with as much speed as her Nimbus could muster.

As she began removing her gear and stuffing equipment back into her never-ending bag, Bailey's eyes jumped back and forth between it and her boyfriend. She remembered that he had asked to talk to her after practice, and she couldn't help but feel knots in her stomach. It wasn't like her to be nervous, but she was completely oblivious to what the subject was to be. After the field was cleared, she set the bag at her feet and leaned anxiously against her broom, while she waited for Nevin to approach her.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:11 pm
[[UPDATED]]

User Image
Team Captain
Bailey Rae Oliver

Keeper
Nevin Asphodel

Chasers
Aerynn McKenny
Lennox Galvani
Yuan Trinity
(PENDING)

Seeker
Bailey Rae Oliver

Beaters
Kaera Frisk
(PENDING)
Jacqueline Rhodes (PENDING)

✓ = Attendance at try-outs ensures position
(PENDING) = Lack of attendance at try-outs and inactivity may lead to position replacement

NOTE: Anyone with the word PENDING next to their name MUST PM ME BY SEPTEMBER 25 to maintain their position on the team. Anyone who has not done so by this Sunday will have their name replaced with an open position. I understand that this school year is almost over, but it is important that I know who is/isn't active so that I can list our open positions and next year's try-outs can run a lot smoother. THANKS!]]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:53 pm
[[ CURRENT as of 11/16/11 ]]

User Image
Team Captain
Bailey Rae Oliver

Keeper
Nevin Asphodel

Chasers
Aerynn McKenny
Lennox Galvani

OPEN

Seeker
Bailey Rae Oliver

Beaters
Kaera Frisk

OPEN

Porcelaine Ivory

poxto

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:13 pm
Einri Farren
Einri Farren was glad his mother packed his broom in case first years were allowed to try out. Gingerly carrying his Firebolt 2 over his shoulder, he entered the pitch. "Hello?", he called out, "Anybody here? I am here for chaser try-outs, although I am not sure if first years allowed yet..." He waited patiently for a reply, hoping that as he first year he could play instead of watch.

Einri Farren-First Year Hufflepuff
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:31 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
A small maroon book bag slung over her right shoulder with her Nimbus 3000 in one hand and a barrel of brooms in the other, Bailey strode onto the practice pitch for the last Quidditch try-outs she would ever hold. Setting the gear down in the center of the empty field, she began her annual routine. Opening her never-ending bag, the sequins glittering in the afternoon sun, she began by pulling out yet another bag - this one filled with uniforms and equipment. Next she produced a heavy brown trunk that shook dangerously with the movement of the rogue bludgers that were strapped within. Shoving this to the side, Bailey brought out the same long fold-up table she had used in the past and set it up facing the entrace to the deserted field. Retrieving a clipboard from within the nearly empty bag, she placed it upon the table after reviewing the parchment's contents.

The clipboard read:

QUIDDITCH TRY-OUTS SIGN-IN SHEET
NAME:
YEAR:
DESIRED POSITION:

Next to the sign-up sheet, the seventh year placed a list of the current team roster, thus advertising their need for two beaters and a chaser. Then, from the remaining items that sat patiently in the bottom of her book bag, she produced a large banner which she hung decoratively on the front of the sign-up table for all of the attendants to read on their way over to the field.

The banner read:

WELCOME TO THE HUFFLEPUFF QUIDDITCH TRY-OUTS!
Welcome players, new & old! Today we will be holding try-outs
for the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team. If you are interested in
playing for us, please sign-in at the table, take note of the
current openings, and introduce yourself to me. I will give
further instructions upon everyone's arrival. If you are simply
here to watch, please be seated in the stands and refrain
from distractions and disrespect. NOTE: All returning players
MUST sign-in, and keep in mind that your inclusion on this
year's roster is subject to change. Everyone must try-out!

Hmm...that should suffice... She thought to herself after reading through the poster for the dozenth time. With a yawn that indicated how late she had been up preparing for today, Bailey situated herself on the ground and began the dreadful task of sorting through equipment while waiting for her future team to arrive. Before getting very far, she heard someone call from behind her and rushed to her feet. Her chocolate brown eyes lit up with excitement as she spotted one of the first years that she had greeted during the sorting ceremony. Motioning him towards her, she pointed to the sign-in sheet.

"Welcome, welcome! Yes, being that we're in need of several members this year, I am allowing first years to try-out - and lucky for you, we just so happen to be in need of another chaser! Just go ahead and sign-in on that clipboard there and I'll find you some gear, here...somewhere..." Her voice trailed off as she knelt next to the equipment bag and started digging for some shin guards and other necessary gear. "I'm Bailey Oliver, by the way. I know we met at the start of the year, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't remember your name..." She mumbled on, now feeling rushed to get organized. Bailey was usually great at remembering names and properly fitting them to faces, but it being her last year and all, the stress seemed to be absorbing into her brain much thicker than usual.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

poxto

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:40 pm
"Yes, hello, I am Einri Farren." He grabbed the clipboard and tediously filled in the blank form.

NAME: Einri Farren
YEAR: First Year
DESIRED POSITION: Chaser

He lied the clipboard on the table and proceeded to wait for the rest of the people trying out. He was excited and nervous, mostly nervous. He hoped that he, Cloud, and Loch could make it in. Growing a bit board, he decided to clear his mood by flying around the field a couple times, getting rid of his nervousness a tiny bit.

Einri Farren-First Year Hufflepuff
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:59 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Jane strode on to the field blooming with confidence. She carried her new broom from Thomas in her hand and held a bright smile on her face. She was practically shaking from the mix of excitement and nerves. She grasped her broom and her knuckled turned white. She breathed and steadied herself then shown a wonderful bright smile. Jane looked at Bailey happily as she listened to her tell the instructions. She grabbed the clipboard and started filling it out while she listened to Bailey. She was happy to see that a Chaser was one of the available position, just what she wanted to play. She quickly filled it out.

Name: Jane A. Doyle
Year: 2nd
Desired Position: Chaser

ooc; outfit in side pic, music in top.
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:14 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff
"We need not look into the future, because today is what we should be worrying about"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Age:11 Height: 4'10" Weight: 100 lbs Birthday: 30 April

NAME: Devin Cloud (Goes by Cloud)
YEAR: 1st
DESIRED POSITION: Beater

Devin walked onto the Quidditch pitch, fetching the broom his brother had sent to him. This broom was used by his brother back in his days at Hogwarts. Devin looked at it with a faint smile.

"Alright Starfire, it's time to help me now," he said quietly to the broom. The family had named it 'Starfire', for the speeds that it could reach. It seemed like it was forever accelerating, and did not stop accelerating, unless you truly stop it. He then shifted his attention to the woman's comment. He smiled at the woman, kind of expecting that she would not know his name. He would have to make a name for himself today.

"Uhh....Hello, my name is Devin Cloud; currently in my first year as a Hufflepuff. Glad to meet you Bailey," he said, calmly shaking her hand. He never would've thought that he would of gotten the chance to make the team on his first year, but any oppurtunities given to him had to be taken. He would not let this slip through his grasp.

He had taken his seat after a brief introduction to the captain. He awaited her instructions for them, anxious for the tryouts to start. He always dealt with these sort of situations with great composure, but the butterflies had started to take over his body. After about five minutes, the butterflies effect subsided, and in it's place was now a major feeling of ecstasy. He held that feeling in, making sure not to make a fool out of himself.

To ensure this, he shifted his attention to his friend Ein, who had seemed to have taken off, taking several practice laps around the pitch. He chuckled at that sight, for now he knew that Ein was just as excited as he was. Maybe they would be able to partake in Quidditch together. So far at Hogwarts, Ein had been his closest friend. So he hoped that Ein will make it as well.

He then started to look at his broom, inspecting it for any damages. After finding nothing, he just stared at it. The broom still was in tip top shape, looking the same way after all the years of Quidditch it had gone through. He turned the broom over, seeing his brother's name etched into the wood.

Josh Cloud

He found a stick on the ground, and etched his name right below Josh's. It was his now, and he had to treat the broom as such.

Devin Cloud

Mood: Anxious, Nervous Class: At the Quidditch Pitch Relationship Status: Single

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff