Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
murruelecreuset rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 3, 5, 1, 5, 3, 6, 3, 2 Total: 40 (10-100)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:26 pm
((OOC: whoops rolled the wrong dice sweatdrop Sorry))  
MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:41 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty on The Quidditch Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Teammatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'One more year of Quidditch...' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ I'm trying to remember why I was afraid
To be myself and let the covers fall away.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceAdalaide was on her broom and off almost as quickly as the ball was in the air. Chloe and Ally were after the ball, and the first year made off with it. Ada took off after her with a smile. Time to test the newbies... Her hands shot out after the younger girl for a steal.

❀ ❀ ❀ I guess I never had someone like you
                                                          To help me, to help me fit in my skin
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))
Position: Team One Chaser
AC: 17
Modifiers: (+7 on steals) (+7 on scores)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: 27
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Okay, Voxy, so Adalaide rolled a natural 20, and her mods are +7, so her final roll was 27. Ally, the defender, has an AC of 12, so Ada's steal attempt was successful. Ada's AC is 17, and defenders win ties, meaning that Ally would have to roll at least a 16 to get it back.

Voracious Voxy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:42 pm
Wake up kids, we've got the dreamers disease. Age 13, we got you down on your knees. So polite, you're busy still saying please.
Fri-enemies, who when you're down ain't your friend. Every night we smash their Mercedes-Benz. First we run and then we laugh till we cry.

User Image

But when the night is falling, and you cannot find the light. If you feel your dream is dying, hold tight... You've got the music in you!
This whole damn world can fall apart. You'll be okay. Follow your heart. You're in harms way. I'm right behind. Now say you're mine.

User Image

Terren eagerly awaited the beginning of tryouts. Soon enough, his competition showed up, just as excited as he was. "Heya, Jess! Better get ready! I ain't goin' easy on ya!" he exclaimed with a wink, a grin, and a thumbs-up. As soon as the teams were announced and the newbies joined in, the boy jumped on his broom and took off. He had a Snitch to find.

{OOC: Short post of death D:}

AC: 14 xxx Mᴏᴅɪғɪᴇʀs: +4 xxx Lɪᴠᴇs: ❤ ❤ ❤
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Sᴋɪʟʟs: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Fɪɴᴀʟ Rᴏʟʟ: 16 xxx Cᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ Uᴘ: #/3 xxx Sᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ: #/2

Don't let go! You've got the music in you! One dance left! This world is gonna pull through!
Don't give up! You've got a reason to live! Can't forget you only get what you give!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:50 pm
User Image

The Quaffle was in her hands safely as she snatched it out of the air and away from Chloe, who had risen quickly to grab it. Ally let out a shaky laugh. What a feeling! Her first moments in Quidditch tryouts and she hadn’t failed miserably! It had been a grand total of ten seconds, but so far she was holding her own. At the Sorting feast, another First Year, Genevieve had expressed interest, but so far Ally hadn’t seen any of the other First Years at the tryouts. She knew that she would probably end up on the reserve team, but a part of her desperately wanted to believe that she had a shot to get on the team.

But there wasn’t time to dream now. She was flying, dipping low to avoid the path of a Bludger and heading for the hoops. However, Adalaide swooped down like a shot and expertly plucked the Quaffle from Ally’s grasp. The tiny brunette gasped as she banked her broom hard. Clearly, her hold hadn’t been sufficient. She was going to have to be more careful and learn how to protect the ball better. Setting the school’s old reliable Cleansweep after Ada, determined that she could retrieve the Quaffle, she made sure to watch the older girl more closely and see what she might be able to learn from her obvious expertise.

Ally was determined that her one moment of triumph would not be short lived. Blue eyes swept around for Dylan and Elsie. Perhaps if they worked together they could regain the Quaffle with a little teamwork.

User Image

Hufflepuff A: 0 | Hufflepuff B: 0
{Life 1} | {Life 2} | {Life 3}
Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =12
Player's skills = Great Catch(+2 to catch), Hold the Line(+2 to block goal), Natural Flyer(+2 to AC),
0 Years Experience (+0 to rolls),
Advanced Flying 1 & 2 (+0 to rolls)
Weather: N/A
Total Roll Modifiers: +6
This roll after modifiers= N/A

Voracious Voxy

shabatha rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:05 pm
User Image

User Image
ᕼᘮℱℱᒪᙓᕈᘮℱℱ ♈ᖺᓰᖇᕍ Ꭹᙓᗩᖇ
ᙖᗴᗩ♈ᗴᖇ

Raph listened nodding his head. So Team Two? And no other beaters were trying out? Wow they were seriously going to need beaters in a few years.

"Sure thing. Don't aim at Seekers. Try not to aim at one person over the others. Sure."

Raph kicked off the ground, using his new Skyrunner, he got into the air and was hovering around. Looking for a target when three people came to the field. He recognized one as his cousin's boyfriend. Which meant the one trying out was probably his sister. Raph turned his attention to the other side. Corabell seemed ready. So he decided to Aim for her.

ᗯᖺᙓᖇᙓ: --- Pitch
ᙡᖺᗢ: --- Team
ℱᙓᙓᒪᓰﬡᘐ//〇〇ᑕ: --- Hoping to redeam myself
Wearing: --- Clothes

Position: Beater Team 2
AC: 16
Modifiers: +1(Years Played) +1(Advanced Flying) +2(Natural Flyer) +2(Mean Swing) +2(Deft Dodger)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: [ <3 ] [ <3 ] [ <3 ]
Number Hits/Misses: 0/1
Aiming at: Corabell
Roll: 12 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16 MISS  
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:13 pm
I see this life
Like a swinging vine
Swing my heart across the line
In my face is flashing signs
Seek it out and ye shall find

User Image
User Image

Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Lionel

Tobi laughed at Dhylan's comment about spending time with his boyfriend and could only shrug with a wry grin. They both knew that if the time came he would choose to help with the game, but what he probably didn't know was that the fifth year would have an entire apology date planned out for if such an event were to happy. That way both men in his life were ok! Wait...that sounded a bit weird. Best not ever repeat that then. Luckily the sudden arrival of just about everyone geared the Captain into giving the yearly speech before separating them into teams. With a grin he spirited off into the sky with a whoop and immediately on the lookout for any incoming bludgers. That's when he realized he was in a rather odd predicament. Most of those on team two were either way below him in years besides Dhylan and he'd feel right crummy if he actually managed to hit one of them. Then again, they did know the risks of quidditch before coming to try out. So, with that in mind, Tobi took swung at a nearby bludger and took aim at Jarlath.

Position: Beater
AC: 19
Modifiers: +2 (Years) +3 (Advanced Flying I&II) +6 (NF, DD, MS)]
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Final Roll: 27

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:21 pm
User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide took off as soon as the ball was in her hands; she felt sort of bad for getting away with it so easily. But hey, the new players needed to know that they had to be at the top of their game at all times, right?

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 1/3
Final Roll: xx
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Okay so this is Ada's first post heading for the goal o3ob

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
[  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:27 pm
User ImageUser Image

Jarlath jumped on his broom when the try outs atrted, he flew to the goal posts opposite Corabell. But before he even reached the goal posts, WHAM! A bludger came out of nowhere and slammed into his calf. Grinding his teeth Jarlath held onto his broom and flew on. Stopping in front of the goal post, his leg throbbing. "Ow. Good shot Tobi." he said as he watched the quaffle's movement. I hope I get the spot again. he thought as he waited.

Team Two
                                        Position: Keeper
                                        AC: 12
                                        Modifiers: +5 save goals -1 Health
                                        Special Skills: Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold The Line
                                        Final Roll:
                                        Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ]
                                        Saves:
                                        Missed:

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Voracious Voxy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:30 pm
User Image

Ally was flying quick and tight to catch back up with Ada. The older girl’s skill was obvious in the way that she handled the Quaffle. But that didn’t mean that Ally was about to give up. A Bludger buzzed overhead like a canonball toward Jarlath. There wasn’t time to look and see if her teammate was down. She was a Chaser and right now the Quaffle was her only concern. All Chasers had the Quaffle stolen from them from time to time, but a true competitor didn’t let that get them down and they certainly didn’t just up and quit trying.

Diving down, Ally tried to replicate the same sort of dive and pluck manuever that Ada had used on her to get the Quaffle. Sure they were scrimmaging, but she knew that it was a great moment to learn too. Diving down, she swiped for the Quaffle.

User Image

Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =12
Player's skills = Great Catch(+2 to catch), Hold the Line(+2 to block goal), Natural Flyer(+2 to AC),
Total Roll Modifiers: +2 catch, +2 block goal
This roll after modifiers= 12

shabatha rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:38 pm
User Image

User Image
ᕼᘮℱℱᒪᙓᕈᘮℱℱ ♈ᖺᓰᖇᕍ Ꭹᙓᗩᖇ
ᙖᗴᗩ♈ᗴᖇ

Raph swore silently when he missed Corabell by inches.

"Come on Raph! GEt your head in the game!"

He chastised himself before setting eyes on Adalaide. The older Badger was just grasping the quaffle. Might as well. He took aim and swung hard

ᗯᖺᙓᖇᙓ: --- Pitch
ᙡᖺᗢ: --- Team
ℱᙓᙓᒪᓰﬡᘐ//〇〇ᑕ: --- Hoping to redeam myself
Wearing: --- Clothes

Position: Beater Team 2
AC: 16
Modifiers: +1(Years Played) +1(Advanced Flying) +2(Natural Flyer) +2(Mean Swing) +2(Deft Dodger)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: [ <3 ] [ <3 ] [ <3 ]
Number Hits/Misses: 0/2
Aiming at: Adalaide
Roll: 5 + 4 = 9 MISS  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:43 pm
Stretch out my life and pick the seams out. Take what you like, but close my ears and eyes. Watch me stumble over and over.
I had done wrong. You build your tower, but call me home. And I will build a throne. And wash my eyes out, never again.

User Image
With skin too tight and eyes like marbles. You spin me high, so watch me as I glide before I tumble homeward, homeward.
I know I tried. I was not stable, and flawed by pride. I miss my sanguine eyes, so hold my hands up. Breathe in and breathe out.

User Image

Cain nodded at his Captain and jumped on his broom. So he had Ada and Chloe on his team, eh? He knew how good Ada was, but Chloe was new. The blue haired boy waved at her. "Good luck, Chloe! Let's see whatcha got!" he called out as he took off into the air. The Quaffle was up, and the First Year got it! Chloe was close, though. He was proud of her. Ada had the ball now and she was heading for the goals. Cain lowered himself to his broomstick, flying faster as he headed in the same direction. He flew lower then Ada by about four or five feet and to her left. He was ready for a pass or interception, if the newbies wanted to try that against her.

{OOC: herp derp Cain D:}

AC: 16 xxx Modifiers: +6 xxx Lives: ✰ ✰ ✰
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
To The Goals: #/3 xxx Score: 00 | 00 xxx Final Roll: #
You may not trust the promises of the change I'll show.
But I'd be yours if you'd be mine. So love the one you hold.
And I'll be your goal. To have and to hold.

¸¸.•*¨*• A lover of the light! •*¨*•.¸¸xxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:52 pm
User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide smiled as the first year tried to steal the ball back; she had spunk. Good. The team would need players with spunk, next year when she and Dhyl were both gone. She noticed Cain coming in to cover her, and decided that if they were trying out, the new players should really have to deal with everything they'd have to deal with in a real game... so, she made a pass to Cain, watching to see if one of them would try to intercept.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 2/3
Final Roll: xx
Score
00 to 00
TIED

Ada's passing to Cain, which means the ball can be intercepted by another player. The roll needs to beat the AC of the person catching the ball, in this case Cain.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
Voracious Voxy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:02 pm
User Image

Another miss. Ally grit her teeth and forced herself not to be frustrated. This was her first time playing Quidditch, of course it was going to be hard and naturally the more seasoned players were going to school her. Consoling herself that by her fourth year she would have Quidditch experience and both of the Advanced Flying classes under her belt, she felt a bit better. She was playing as hard as she could with what she had. And right now she wasn’t leading the field in experience, size or strength; so she was going to have to go for spirit.

Don’t stop. Don’t play it safe. Put it all out there. She coached herself as she was ready to dive again at Ada’s grasp on the Quaffle when the blonde passed it off to Cain who was closing in on the hoops and about to try for a goal.

Ally didn’t think twice. She was close and she zipped into to swipe for the Quaffle. She didn’t want her team to be down a goal for lack of trying.

User Image

Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =12
Total Roll Modifiers: +2 to catch, +2 to block goals

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14 pm
User Image

It was a quick dive and snatch and before she knew it, Ally was flying back towards the other hoops with the Quaffle in hand. She had stolen it! She had prevented a goal! If only she could freeze time for a victory dance. But, alas, the game was still in play. Leaning down, coaxing all the speed that she could from her broom, trying to avoid the other Chasers, she cut a determined path across the field. This time she tried to curl the ball in a little tighter to her body. Ada had gotten it away from her so easily, she had to protect it better from steals in the future.

User Image

Hufflepuff Chaser
AC =12
Total Roll Modifiers: +2 to catch, +2 to block goals

Voracious Voxy

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:16 pm
Stretch out my life and pick the seams out. Take what you like, but close my ears and eyes. Watch me stumble over and over.
I had done wrong. You build your tower, but call me home. And I will build a throne. And wash my eyes out, never again.

User Image
With skin too tight and eyes like marbles. You spin me high, so watch me as I glide before I tumble homeward, homeward.
I know I tried. I was not stable, and flawed by pride. I miss my sanguine eyes, so hold my hands up. Breathe in and breathe out.

User Image

Cain looked up. Ada was passing to him for the goal! Only... the First Year swooped in like a falcon and snatched up the Quaffle! "Nice interception!" he called out, pulling back on his broom. He slowed down just enough to shoot up, where the First Year with the Quaffle should be, by his guess. He reached out for a steal, hoping to grab the ball and shoot off for the goals in one excellently timed motion.

AC: 16 xxx Modifiers: +6 xxx Lives: ✰ ✰ ✰
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
To The Goals: #/3 xxx Score: 00 | 00 xxx Final Roll: 10 (miss)
You may not trust the promises of the change I'll show.
But I'd be yours if you'd be mine. So love the one you hold.
And I'll be your goal. To have and to hold.

¸¸.•*¨*• A lover of the light! •*¨*•.¸¸xxx

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games