Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:40 am
User Image
User Image
MAGIC IS MY STRENGTH POWER IS MY WEAKNESS
User Image
"Hey, Ryn! Long time, no see!" Bailey exclaimed, waving her over to their growing Quidditch try-outs. She smiled as Aerynn eagerly mounted her broom, no doubt having gone too long without a good ride. Reaching for her own broom, her brand new Nimbus 3000 - fresh out of Spintwitches, Bailey mounted up and joined Ryn in the air. "I don't care how good Gryffindor's new seeker is. Nobody's catching the snitch before me with this broom!" She taunted, staying low to the ground but showcasing the broom's speed with ease. "172 miles an hour, can you believe that?" She beamed, remembering her ride from Hogsmeade to the castle last night. And to think, she had almost made the mistake of opting for the Firebolt II, which could be easily outrun with the Nimbus 3000. Needless to say this would be a good year for Hogwarts Quidditch.
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:59 am
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nevin stepped back as Bailey exercised her captain duties and used this time to fill out the form. He sighed as he put his his information down. He hoped that he'd get the position again. He looked up when Bailey clapped and cheered and even he was amazed by this boys amazing flying skills. He set the form down with the others and walked next to Bailey. "Im going to go take a few laps around the pitch ok" he said leaning over and kissing her cheek. He waved to the others who had joined them including Ryn then rocketed into the air.

His broom was not nearly as fast as Bailey's but he could still zip around at amazingly high speeds. He pulled a few tricks and spin manouvers then finally sits his broom in front of one of the goals. He was read this year to prove himself to both Bailey and himself that he could be even better.

Name: Nevin Asphodel
Year: 5
Desired Position: Keeper

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Unknown Apothecary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:10 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

The boy tried to suppress the blood rising to his face, his ears slightly bloodshot. Consciously trying to cover his ears with his hair but was unsuccesful. Lennox was never the one to take compliments well. Trying to avert attention from his ears he spoke out, "Haha, no actually, I was just sort of curious.." His voice trailed off as he was taken surprise with the size of the Quaffle. It was certainly bigger than he expected. Moving it from one hand to the other, he tried to guess the weight and tried to get a feel for the ball. It felt smooth under his touch and the indents certainly helped his grip.

He had seen the games. It was a lot like handball but with a much bigger ball. Looking up at Bailey as she made her joke, he forced a laugh as she turned away from him. Holding it on his side and protected by his arm, Lennox mounted the broom and returned to the air once more.

It was a bit different with a ball in his hands now. Going through Quidditch matches in his head, he tried to immitate the things he saw in books. Leaning forward, the ball close to his chest, Lennox zoomed to one of the goal posts opposite of Nevin and attempted to make a throw. His grip was far too loose and the Quaffle fell short of it's goal. Making a small dive, Lennox retrieved the Quaffle and shakily made his way back up in the air. It took him several tries to even manage to get it in the goal but with each throw, his aim and power grew better. Every time it would pass the goal post, Lennox would dive for the ball before it hit the sand underneath. It added a bit of a challenge to the practice before the try-outs.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 am
[[NOTE]]
[[As of right now, our team roster is as follows:

Team Captain
Bailey Rae Oliver

Keeper
✓ Nevin Asphodel

Chasers
Yuan Trinity (?)
✓ Aerynn McKenny
✓ Lennox Galvani (PENDING)

Seeker
✓ Bailey Rae Oliver

Beaters
Kaera Frisk (?)
Jacqueline Rhodes (?)

✓ = Attendance at try-outs ensures position unless beat out by competition
(?) = Lack of attendance at try-outs may lead to position replacement

EDITED: For those who would like to keep you characters in their current position, you MUST post them during Try-Outs, which I will be extending until next Wednesday if need be.]]

Porcelaine Ivory

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:29 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Bailey scanned the entrance to the Quidditch Pitch, getting rather nervous over the fact that only one new student and two old ones had shown up at this point. Letting out a quiet sigh, she looked back over the sign-in sheet, as well as the current roster. It seemed that she might end up needing to seek out some new players, but only time would tell.

Moving to the center of the field, she finished strapping on her gear before mounting her new Nimbus and soaring to the general height of the other players. Once they were all within hearing distance, she gave loud and clear instructions.
"Well Ryn, why don't you give Lennox here a quick overview of what your position entails. Nevin, you should take your position at your goals, and Lennox, once you feel ready, go ahead and attempt to put the quaffle through the hoop. We'll see what you're working with."

Bailey laughed to herself at her final teasing words before swooping back to the ground and releasing the snitch. To make the wait pass quicker, she swept through the open air, testing herself to see if her injuries would be any sort of a problem for this year's Quidditch season.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

"Yes captain" Nevin said with a bit of a teasing tone and a wink before he twisted his broom around and moved into position. It felt wonderful to be back up in the air near the goals. His mind went through hundreds of scenarios and games that he hoped to someday be in. "All ready for you" he yelled down to Lennox. His insides were churning with excitement. He hoped though that the embarrassment of the quaffle getting by him would not be repeated.

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
VixenViVi rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 9, 1, 10, 6, 8, 7, 2, 2 Total: 61 (10-100)

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:34 pm
User Image
User Image

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「Go for the Goal」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Her Team」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」
~ - ~ωild Ϩtyle~ - ~

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn smiled at Baileys enthusiasm with at her new broom. Getting her directions she dove down and scooped up another Quaffle. Flying back over to Lennox. "Hello Lennox, I'm Ryn. As Chaser, we are trying to get points to help us win during the seeker search for the snitch. You have to be quick to pass to your team mates and trust your beaters to keep bludgers off you. Your whole goal is to get the ball past the keeper. You have to be fast, quick to pass when you see an opening, and at times get a bit rough with the other teams chasers. This is a serious game to us and we are all top notch on this team. I'm sure you will be a great asset! Now if you are ready you can make your way to the goal and try and get past Nevin. I'll show you once just so you have an idea" Ryn explained. Rising a bit higher, she lowerd her body to the broom tucking the Quffle to her. Speeding to the Goal. Since Nevin was in place she went a head and took the shot.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

MysticHoneyRose rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 3, 9, 9, 8, 3, 8, 6, 7, 1 Total: 60 (10-100)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:37 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

When Nevin saw Ryn approaching he readied himself. His eyes locked onto her as she rose to meet him. All his thoughts and focus were now on his fellow housemate. He could tell by her flying that the girl had been practicing. No way was she going to get past him...Not if he had anything to say about it... He dove as the ball came rocketing towards him and the goal...

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:40 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Nevin's fingers just barely touched the ball. It caused it to shift but it still slid through the goal. Nevin cursed and he looked down at the quaffle. What the hell!!! Why could he not stop a shot? He shot down and gathered the Quaffle up and brought it back to Ryn. "Again...do it ...again" he said, his eyes burning. No way was he going to lose again. He couldn't lose...He didn't want to..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:03 pm
True to the end, united we stand...

User Image

Charlotte sat in a secluded section of the pitch watching carefully and taking notes. She had become obsessed with making next year's team, and missing out on an opportunity to observe her fellow flying enthusiasts was something she simply would not do. Sure, she longed to be out there practicing with them, but first years were not allowed on the hufflepuff team. Charlotte briefly wished she had been sorted into slytherin, as she'd heard they'd been accepting first years, but instantly took it back as she realized the absurdity of her wish. Slytherin? Yuck.

Charlotte glanced around the pitch. She recognized only one boy, the kind second year whom she'd met in the dungeons after one particularly awful potions day. With a start, she realized with a bit of humor that she had his handkerchief neatly folded in her pocket. She'd taken the time to wash it. Quickly, she made a mental note to return it to him when the try-outs had ended. She then took in the other players. A pretty sixth-year with dark hair and the most amazing broom Charlotte had ever seen seemed to be in charge. There was also a red-haired fourth year, and a brown haired fifth year who now hovered near the goals. Charlotte admired the way they whizzed about the pitch, and was sure to take down all the proper formations on a messy piece of parchment.

It was true, Charlotte's first flying lessons had gone well, and she'd gladly have taken up any leftover broom and shown off like the great Mr. Potter, but hufflepuff had been low on points lately and it was quite simple that Charlotte hadn't received her flying certification yet. Despite this, though, her mind wandered into a sort of daydream, where she was zooming about, weaving through the towers and taking in the rush of wind against her face...

User Image

...so I stand by my friends.

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Unknown Apothecary rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 5, 7, 1, 10, 3, 5, 5, 5 Total: 56 (10-100)

Unknown Apothecary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Upon hearing his name, Lennox grabbed quickly onto the Quaffle he was about to shoot through the hoops. The broom hovered in the air as the boy watched Ryn fly over to him. All the while he soaked in all the details despite having acquired such knowledge on several Quidditch books. There was no need to sound like a total smart arse on air. Holding onto the broom with one hand and a quaffle on the other, Lennox made sure to pay close attention to the demonstration Ryn was giving. He made sure to put into detail her skill as she shot the Quaffle straight through one of the hoops. It looked a lot more difficult with a keeper blocking the way.

About midfield in the pitch, it was finally the second year's turn. Nevin did say he was ready. But then again, that was before Ryn shot the Quaffle. All things should be fine now, he looked ready again. Leaning forward, the boy darted across the pitch as fast as the broom could allow it. A gripped hand wound tightly around the Quaffle. Pulling back his arm to gain some power, Lennox threw it towards one of the goal posts in hoping for a goal.

User Image
User Image

MysticHoneyRose rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 7, 10, 5, 10, 3, 2, 6, 3, 5 Total: 58 (10-100)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:12 am
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

Out of the corner of his eye Nevin saw Lennox coming at him. He turned his concentration on him but still kept some of that focus on Ryn, in case she decided to make a shot as well. Lennox was good. He had good control at the speed he was traveling. As he neared his goal he gripped his broom handle a bit tighter. He forced the thoughts of failure from his mind. Thinking about failure would lead to it, he knew that all too well.

Once the boy was level with him the boy launched the Quaffle. Young or not Lennox was a boy, the shot was much faster and stronger than Ryns was yet this was good for it provided a challenge.He lunged towards the quaffle.

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:15 am
User Image

User Image
User Image

User Image

This time he had been successful. The power and speed of the shot had made it almost impossible to catch yet Nevins broom had the speed to keep up. He reached the Quaffle just in time and with his hand he slammed it back out rather far towards the other side of the pitch. "Nice shot Lennox" he said encouraging him. Now he felt good. When ever he was able to block someone he felt good. yet it was his job as keeper so why shouldn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:31 pm
User Image
User Image

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「..Oops」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Her Team」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Unsure」
~ - ~ωild Ϩtyle~ - ~

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn made it in just barely but she had been practicing and she wanted to be good for her team. She felt bad that Nevin got so upset. Catching the Quaffle, "Umm I'm sorry Nevin, want me to go again?" She asked a bit hesitantly. She move into position. "Great Job Lennox! you to Nevin!!" She said as the first year did a good job for his first try.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:47 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Bailey smiled to herself as her fingers clasped around the golden snitch for the third time since she had freed it from the equipment trunk. Her eyes flickered to the goal post just in time to see Ryn score against Nevin, and she sped higher into the air to avoid him hearing her laughter. She knew her boyfriend was an amazing keeper, but she still chuckled to see him get so upset with himself.

After a couple of back flips and spiraling figure eights, Bails caught sight of Lennox tearing across the pitch towards the towering goal posts. She steadied her Nimbus and watched him c**k back his arm with enough force to convince her that he could have made the shot against even a professional keeper. However, his tactical throw was just barely nicked away by Nevin, but she smiled at his skill regardless.

"Again!" She hollered from above, a glowing grin lighting the plains of her face. She seemed very confident that this boy would be filling the open chaser spot on their team, but her eyes dropped back to the field entrance in case any others had decided to test their luck. She had hoped to possibly try out another new chaser, and perhaps even a beater, but try-outs were already nearing their end.

User Image
User Image

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas