Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:17 pm
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
HufflepuffFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingleChaser

Ronald was feeling pretty good about the team’s chances this year, as he walked out toward the pitch for tryouts, then again, he was feeling pretty good anyways. The start of term meant the start of Quidditch, and what wasn’t to like about that? Having the chance to fly around with friends and play a game he enjoyed, it was a nice diversion from the procession of classes and his studies.

This year could provide an interesting twist to things: not only was there the chance to play against Aria (assuming she went out for Quidditch this term) and her Gryffindor compatriots, there was also the possibility he might play against his own sister, Brianna, assuming she made the Slytherin squad as a starter. She’d been mulling over the choice of Beater or Chaser, and loudly proclaimed she intended to knock him off his broomstick in a match.

Of course, he knew this was all in good fun, his sister had no real animus against him, and she just wanted to prove herself. They went over to their great-aunt’s place, flew around, played catch where no prying Muggle eyes might see, and found that Brianna was a pretty fair hand with handling a ball. Heck, they’d already made plans for a broomstick shopping expedition over the summer, as Brianna definitely wanted a mount of her own for matches.

Ron meticulously checked his own ride over last night, taking care that it was polished and the bristles were freshly trimmed up. He found himself counting down the time until this day; he couldn’t wait to get this year’s campaign underway. Reaching the pitch, he saw there were other Badgers present, which made him feel all the better, as he took a form and filled it out.

Username: Graydon Ironshield
Character's Name: Ronald David Quinn-Smith
House: Hufflepuff
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4 (Chaser)
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Wherever we need coverage

OOC:
Username

User ImageAC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to Catch and Shoot the Quaffle
Special Skills: Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action:
Effect Value:  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:15 am

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

fourth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist
Order of the Stick background captain || Cooking Club head chef || Quidditch fan

He was late! Galen scuttled down to Tryouts, slipping up a few times because he had to grab his broom and then because Dragon fell out of his hood. His hair was a mess of playful orange and lonely gold. His eyebrowed were bright green-- which usually was a fine color for Galen, as it just meant he was very studiously considering something like Quidditch or DnD. Weirder though, was his skin being a little spotted--pale patches poked out on his face and hands, and with the mess of colors on him, he was the colorful embodiment of a mess.

”Made it! Sorry I’m late!

Galen filled out a form quickly and went to greet people as though nothing was wrong. ”G’fternoon y’all! Ready for some Quidditch?”

Username: addaellis
Character's Name: Galen Saylor
Year: 4th
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
First Choice Position: chaser
Second Choice Position: beater? But really, anywhere I’m needed!
Note Just so you know I have a heart condition. I should be okay to play as long as I don’t get too worked up though!

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2056 || with Hufflepuff Team
appearance 5'4", yellow and orange stripes in his hair, skin a little splotchy || wearing gray sweater, dark pants, warm coat
status It's Quidditch time! Nothing else to worry about now

Position:
Total roll: ## = ??

Stats:
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 to catching, + 5 to everything else
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3

”QUOTING”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Fortuosity, lucky chances
Fortuitious little happy happenstances
I don't worry 'cause everywhere I see
That every bit of life is lit by fortuosity
☺☻
"Fortuosity" by Tommy Steele from The Happiest Millionare.

addaellis

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:51 pm
User Image
                                                  Switch on the sky and the stars glow for you
                                                  Go see the world 'cause it's all so brand new
                                                  Don't close your eyes 'cause your future's ready to shine

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Nora walked toward the pitch, spinning her broom around. She was beyond ready for the quidditch season to start. It had only been a few months since she last played, but it felt more like two years. She had a good feeling about today and the team's future. It seemed likely they'd be getting some new blood with year and she couldn't wait to see it. Nora noticed that both of the Olson boys had already arrived. She was especially glad to see Ben and find out where his talents lay.

Nora also noted the two older boys that had also arrived and smiled as Galen spoke. "More than," she said with a crack of her knuckles.

-----

Username: SherbertLemondrop
                                                  Character's Name: Nora Dashwood
                                                  Year: 3
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Currently enrolled
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
                                                  Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
                                                  First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                  Second Choice Position: Chaser

Position:
                                                  AC: 14
                                                  Modifiers: (spotting +2) (catching +2)
                                                  Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [1] [2] [3]

════════════════════════

It's just a matter of time, before we learn how to fly
                                                  Welcome to the rhythm of the night
                                                  There's something in the air you can't deny

null

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:53 am
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Hufflepuff Fourth Year ♖
Dueling Club ♖ Quidditch Beater ♖ Lead Stabber ♖ Musician

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
▬▬ There isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about you▬▬

Dominik slowly made her way to quidditch, she was tired. She had put in a lot of work to find her brother and it was all coming to nothing, maybe she should give up? She looked up toward the sky, well there was always quidditch, the feeling of the air blowing in your face. She shook her head, it was fine. She smiled at her team mates, well at least they were like family to her, with how much time these Hufflepuffs spent together... maybe they were all going to be like her brother. She shrugged, filled out the form, and waited for tryouts to start.

Username: Stefan Lee Salvatore
Character's Name: Dominik Knapp
Year: 4
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Nat Flyer, and Deft Dodge
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Chaser

"Talking"

▬▬ Being here just puts me one step closer to finding you Dee.▬▬

Where & Who:
Thinking about:
Dominik Description:
Wearing:

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:30 pm
2056 - 2057 Hufflepuff Quidditch Team

Team Captain
Phoenix Heulwen

Team Vice Captain
Hariette Nakano-Roussel

Keeper
Hariette Nakano-Roussel

Chasers
Simon Blake
Ronald Quinn-Smith
Galen Saylor

Seeker
Phoenix Heulwen

Beaters
Dominik Knapp
Jade Morris

Reserves
Nora Jayne Dashwood - Seeker
Mason Olson - Chaser
Benjamin Olson - As Needed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:43 pm
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Hufflepuff Fifth Year ♖
Prefect ♖ Dueling Club ♖ Quidditch Beater ♖ Lead Stabber ♖ Musician

Dominik was concerned when she got to the broom closets and the practice quidditch supplies were still inside. She shrugged, grabbed her broom, and the quidditch balls, and took them out to the field. She rummaged through her bag and pulled out the try out forms - that were super wrinkled from their looseness in her bag. She shrugged, and put them down for the team to fill out. Good enough.

She smiled and said a greeting to everyone who came in, while waiting for Hariette to come in. She had seen Hariette that morning at breakfast, she wondered where she had gone off to. When Harriette came walking casually over Dominik gave a sigh of relief, she was not prepared to run the quidditch tryouts on her own yet.

Where & Who: Quidditch Tryouts
Thinking about: LETS GOOOOOOOooooo
Wearing: black leggings, yellow top

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:12 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════╗
                                              Jade Morris
                                              Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Pureblood
                                              Hufflepuff - Prefect - Beater - Captain of the Fite Club

╚════════════════════════╝

Jade arrived on the pitch after Hariette and Dominik. She had seen the posting in the common room and found out she hadn’t been picked for the Vice Captain position, but that the fifth year had been. She wondered why she wasn’t the first choice. Perhaps it had to do with her Quidditch playing abilities? Or perhaps Hariette didn’t think Jade had the proper leadership qualities? Whatever the reason, the sixth year couldn’t help but feel glum about it. Regardless, she greeted her fellow teammates as cheerfully as she could (although anyone could have seen through her charade) and grabbed a form to fill out. Jade supposed she must not have proven herself fit enough to lead the team, but she hoped that she’d be able to prove her abilities as a beater once again.

Position:
                                              Armour Class: 17
                                              Modifiers: (hitting +7)
                                              Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
                                              Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]
                                              Roll:
                                              Hit: > opponent's AC
                                              Save: > 15
                                              Hit Self: < 4

Username: kiska166
                                              Character's Name: Jade Morris
                                              Year: Sixth
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
                                              Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
                                              Second Choice Position: Beater

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I don't really care if nobody else b e l i e v e s
                                              'Cause I've still got a lot of f i g h t left in me

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:34 pm
User Image
                                              You got a f a s t car
                                              I want a ticket to a n y w h e r e

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Mason Olson
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Hufflepuff - Halfblood
                                              Reserve Chaser - Member of the Music Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Mason made his way to the pitch, his brother trailing along right behind him. With as many friends Benjamin had, Mason was always surprised by how much time he had on his hands to spend with his big brother. Ben had always been more popular and the boys were not entirely interested in the same things, but they sure did hang out a lot. “I just think his films are too long,” the third year explained, responding to Ben’s question. Immediately, the second year reacted dramatically which caused Mason to scoff and brush him off. At least they made it to the pitch. “Good morning,” he greeted, relieved to finally talk to someone who wasn’t related to him. Taking one form for himself and another for Ben, the boys quickly filled them out before handing them back.

Position:
                                              Armour Class: 14
                                              Modifiers: (shooting +4) (stealing +4)
                                              Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                              Roll:
                                              Score: > than Keeper’s roll
                                              Steal: > than opponent’s AC

Character's Name: Mason Olson
                                              Year: Third
                                              Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
                                              Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                              Second Choice Position:What you think I’d be good at

Maybe we make a d e a l
                                              Maybe t o g e t h e r we can get somewhere

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:47 pm
User Image

Benjamin Olson
                                              Twelve Years Old - Second Year - Hufflepuff - Halfblood
                                              Reserve Chaser - Member of the Art Club

Benjamin made his way to the pitch alongside his brother who, when asked why he didn’t like Tarantino films, claimed that they were too long. “Too long? They’re brilliant, and so very captivating!” he declared before adding, “You just have too short of an attention span.” Ben was about to add more details as to why Mason’s opinion was incorrect, but the boys had made it onto the pitch and they were not the first ones. “Howdy doo!” he greeted merrily as he waited for his brother to hand him a form. After seeing how much fun Mason had as a Chaser, albeit a Reserve player, Benjamin decided that he'd try out for the same position this year.

Position:
                                              Armour Class: 13
                                              Modifiers: (catching +3) (stealing +3)
                                              Skills: Great Catch, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                              Roll:
                                              Spot: 19+
                                              Catch: 22+ or > than opponent’s roll

Character's Name: Benjamin Olson
                                              Year: Second
                                              Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                              Advanced Flying II: Not yet
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                              Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                              Second Choice Position: Anything

H e a r t ' s on fire, leaving all b e h i n d
                                              Dark as night, let the l i g h t n i n g guide you

[quote="

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:17 pm
User Image
                                          All I know is nothing happens if you just give in
                                          It can't be any worse than how it's been
                                          And it just so happens that we just might win
                                          So whatever happens! Let's begin!

User Image
                                          ════════════════════════

Nora jogged down toward the quidditch pitch more than ready to get started. She’d been quidditch deprived over the summer so getting a chance to play, whether try-outs or not, got her excited.

She spotted the Olson brothers and smiled as she moved toward them. She hadn’t really gotten a chance to talk to either of them this year so far. She could hear their conversation, and she was curious, but she wasn’t about to butt in. Once she made it to the rest of the group she grabbed a form.

“Hello hello,” she said. “How are all you lovely folks doing today?” She asked, beaming at the rest of the team, glancing around to see if there were any newbies yet.

════════════════════════

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                          null

SherbertLemondrop

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:28 am
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
HufflepuffFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingleChaserHufflepuff Prefect

Tryout Day arrived finding Ron having mixed feelings on it all. Oh sure, there was the usual excitement which came with the start of the season and having the chance to fly around, have fun, and play for the House and a shot at the Cup at the end of the term, and all that came with it; however, he was feeling a bit disappointed too. He was hoping for a chance to make Vice-Captain this term, especially since Aria was now Captain of the Gryffindor Squad, following in the steps of her mother, the legendary Cathaline League. To be sure, he’d put the work in, practicing hard and ‘leaving it all on the field’, just like one was supposed to, yet it still hurt not to be considered.

Truthfully, he wasn’t sure how well he would have been able to juggle his OWLs studies, being a Prefect, and his other responsibilities, and then adding in being the deputy (and later being a Captain) for the team, so perhaps it was just as well. Ron also hadn’t lobbied for the job, and it was known going pro after Hogwarts wasn’t in his post-school game plan. With all that, he still would have appreciated having the offer presented. Mom gave him sage advice on his feelings, as her own Quidditch career was far from an easy one, telling him to be ‘the happy warrior’, enjoy the experience, the now, so he’d have those pleasant memories later in life rather than a bunch of regrets eating at his soul.

Arriving at the pitch, Ron saw there were others already there. ‘Looks like a bunch of our crew are here already,’ he mused, as he showed up with his broomstick slung over one shoulder. The Olson brothers were apparently discussing the merits of…Taratino movies?, and Jade and Nora were present, as were Hariette and his fellow Prefect, Dom. “Hello, folks. I’m ready to fly today,” he said aloud, shoving whatever lingering disappointment he had in the back of his mind, and smiling, enjoying ‘the now’.

Taken by Artemisia Rosalie League
OOC:
Username

User ImageAC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to Catch and Shoot the Quaffle
Special Skills: Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action:
Effect Value:  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:36 pm
2057 - 2058 Hufflepuff Quidditch Team

Team Captain
Hariette Nakano-Roussel

Team Vice Captain
Dominik Knapp

Keeper
Hariette Nakano-Roussel

Chasers
Simon Blake
Ronald Quinn-Smith
Galen Saylor

Seeker
Nora Jayne Dashwood

Beaters
Dominik Knapp
Jade Morris

Reserves
Mason Olson - Chaser
Benjamin Olson - As Needed

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:54 am
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Hufflepuff Sixth Year ♖
Prefect ♖ Dueling Club ♖ Quidditch Captain & Beater ♖ Lead Stabber ♖ Musician

Dominik was over it all. She was glad Hogwarts was back, but it was like she couldn't escape her family. They thought her writing penpal was dangerous, giving her bad ideas. They didn't realize, these ideas were always her ideas, she was just being more vocal. She wanted to travel the world, see everything, find her twin. She was tired of being watched, those closest to her questioning her sanity.

She sighed and pulled open the broom shed, dragging out the things she would need to run tryouts this year. She had written Nora during the summer, asking if she would be the Vice Captain of the team, thankfully she had agreed - one less thing for Dominik to have to ask about in person. One more worried look she could avoid.

She sat out the forms for tryouts, then got on her broom and began to do laps, being in the air was freeing. She was free this way.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

Where & Who: Tryouts with the Birds
Thinking about: Freedom
Wearing: Black shorts, blank tank top, purple hoddie

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:14 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════╗
                                              Jade Morris
                                              Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Pureblood
                                              Hufflepuff - Prefect - Beater - Captain of the Fite Club

╚════════════════════════╝

Jade arrived on the pitch, less upset this year than last about not being chosen as the Vice Captain. It was kind of interesting to think about, though, that if she had been chosen as the Vice Captain last year, she’d be leading the team to victory as the Captain this year. Speaking of the Captain, Jade could see that the equipment was out, but where was Dominik? The blonde looked around for a moment before spotting the sixth year in the air, flying laps. Sighing, Jade filled out a form. If she were the Captain, she would have made sure to be on the ground, greeting and welcoming those who showed up. What if an over eager first year was the first to show up and no one was here to guide them? Jade thought about jumping onto her broomstick and flying up into the air to start on her laps, but decided against it. If Dom wasn’t going to be responsible, then she would step up.

Position:
                                              Modifiers: (hitting +7)
                                              Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
                                              Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]
                                              Roll:
                                              Hit: > opponent's AC
                                              Save: > 15
                                              Hit Self: < 4

Character's Name: Jade Morris
                                              Year: Seventh
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 6
                                              Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
                                              Second Choice Position: Beater

I don't really care if nobody else b e l i e v e s
                                              'Cause I've still got a lot of f i g h t left in me

Stefan Lee Salvatore

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:32 pm
User Image
                                              You got a f a s t car
                                              I want a ticket to a n y w h e r e

Mason Olson
                                              Fourteen Years Old - Fourth Year - Hufflepuff - Halfblood
                                              Reserve Chaser - Member of the Music Club

Mason made his way to the pitch alongside Ben, who had been going on about The Iron Giant and why it was a masterpiece. Mason was only half listening as his mind wandered to Nora. She had made Vice Captain this year, and he felt both excited and nervous for her as she had a ton on her plate. However, he knew that she would be a great Vice Captain and their eventual Captain. Upon arrival, Mason greeted Jade (without realizing that he had cut Benjamin off mid-sentence) before filling out a form.

Position:
                                              Modifiers: (shooting +7) (stealing +7)
                                              Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                              Roll:
                                              Score: > than Keeper’s roll

Character's Name: Mason Olson
                                              Year: Fourth
                                              Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                              Second Choice Position: What you think I’d be good at

Maybe we make a d e a l
                                              Maybe t o g e t h e r we can get somewhere

SherbertLemondrop

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces