Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
addaellis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:23 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club head chef
Herbology Club co-captain || Quidditch manager

Of all the positions if she had to be in the air, Weslyn was most comfortable in keeper role. She basically just had to hover until the quaffle came and then...catch it. As Ronald came closer, she paid closer attention to his movements, hoping to predict which way he was actually going to throw the quaffle. She hovered, not ready to commit to a single direction until he chucked the quaffle, then she dove--

and unfortunately dove the wrong direction. The quaffle struck the goal post with a clear ring and Wes swept her broom around to catch it before it hit the ground. She looked for the three chasers on the black team before passing it to the friendly second year: "Jane, here you go!"

setting Hufflepuff Team Tryouts 2053 || with Quidditch people
appearance 5'2", petite || wearing occasionally glasses + yellow sweater and shorts
status oh, quaffle incoming!

Position: black team keeper
Total roll: 1 + 4 = 5 Miss!

Stats:
AC: 14
Modifiers: +4 to catching the quaffle/ snitch. +2 to others
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3 <3

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
She may be the mirror of my dream
A smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell
✿❀
~"She" by Josh Groban.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:35 pm
User Image
JANE
ALPIN
EGAREVA

HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle |

Jane was busy speeding back and forth for an angle on one of the other chasers with the quaffle when a bludger came out of nowhere and smacked her in the gut. "OUCH" Jane cried, spinning off course. She recovered in time to see one of the first years shoot--and score! "Good try," Jane encouraged as Weslyn passed the quaffle to her. "Thanks."

Jane didn't keep the quaffle very long before passing it to her twin to take care of. She was still reeling from the bludger hit.

OOC:
Jane stats:
AC: 15
Modifiers: +1 to all (-1 to all from injury)
Special Skills: natural flyer, deft dodger, dang healthy
Lives: 3/4

Stefan Lee Salvatore

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:47 pm
User Image
JOSEPH
MESCHO
EGAREVA

HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle |

Joe mostly hung back with Galen. He gave a suportive clap when the boy didn't manage to stael and then lol-ed when he saw Weslyn dive epically for the wrong goal post. He gave the first year who had scored a thumbs up from afar and a "Nice shot." Just because they were on different teams for tryouts didn't mean they weren't on the same team team for Quidditch.

Joe caught the quaffle and flew towards the other side of the pitch. Before reaching it though, he tossed it to Galen: He moved to "Here little guy. TOld you I wouldn't leave you hanging."

OOC:
Jane would be chaser/ moving to goal post 1/3, Joe is 2/3 and Galen is 3/3/ shooting. Unless stolen.

Joe stats:
Modifiers: +1 to all
Special Skills: natural flyer, deft dodger, dang healthy
Lives: 4/4
addaellis

Graydon Ironshield

ChrysalismAndPetrichor rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:29 am
User Image
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

After finally recovering her breath, Wyn had stayed on Ron's flank the whole time, but he seemed to manage just fine on his own. Yes! she thought as he scored on Weslyn. I can claim that as an assist, right? Moments later, doubt and insecurity crossed her mind. Ron had demonstrated skill and ability where she'd only shown a weak constitution and maybe a bit of teamwork. Guess I better step it up, then.

She watched as Weslyn tossed the ball to one of the twins (at least they seemed like twins) who quickly passed it off to the other. They swiftly made their way toward the other side of the pitch, and Wyn shot after them as fast as she could. She kept her eye on the quaffle, which the guy twin ultimately passed to Galen. Having seen him try to take a swipe at Ron earlier, Wyn smirked a little. "My turn to give that a try," she muttered to herself. She brought her broom up just to the right of his, and swerved left, trying her best to grab the quaffle...

But narrowly missed. Deciding not to get fussed about it, she shrugged it off. Even if she didn't make the starting team this year, this was still fun. And she was learning. She donned a smile and hoped silently that Galen made his shot. He deserved it.

OOC:

Total Roll: 11 + 2 - 1 = 12 (miss)

Position: Trying out for Chaser
                                                AC: 12
                                                Modifiers: +2 to stealing, +2 to shooting, -1 for life lost
                                                Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Good Arm, Natural Flyer
                                                Lives: [x] [ ] [ ]

addaellis

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

"I do believe you could excel anywhere, my dear
If you simply put your mind to it
Your trust is encouraging, and well-placed, I assure you
I think you'll do quite well in Hufflepuff!"

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

addaellis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:14 am

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

first year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist
Cooking Club pancake mixer || Quidditch fan

After recovering from his attempt to steal, Galen watched Ron make the shot and score "Ayy, Good shot!" he called. Wes passed to Jane, who passed it to Joe, who just as he said, tossed it to him. "Oh! Thanks big buddy!" he replied happily.

Wyn swerved left, just about to steal the quaffle, but Galen managed to reach out and snag the ball. Ayy, playing catch coming in clutch.

Galen shot Wyn a grin as he brought the quaffle up to shoot, chucking the quaffle at the furthest ring in hopes to throw the more experienced keeper off--no way would she expect a first year to go for the further ring when there was another right near him, right?

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2053 || with Fellow Hufflepuff Quidditch fans!
appearance Neon green hair and || wearing Pink sweater and black jeans with
status I finally get to play Quidditch!

Position: black team chaser
Total roll: shooting for 18 against Hariette

Stats:
Modifiers: +2 to catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3

Cinnabun Gryffie

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

Welcome back the sunrise,
I'm finally waking up.
And I've been here for far too long,
but I think I've had enough.
Cause I've been praying for a change
for such a long long time.
Take a breath and step outside
and lay the past behind.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:53 am
User ImageUser Image

xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hufflepuffs
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hufflepuff Tryouts
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is gonna be good!

Hari was ready to get back in the air on her home pitch. Sure, it had been great fun joining her dad on the actual pro-league pitch, just to fly around, but this, this was the pitch she was most familiar with. And she was ready to kick butt. Once assigned her team, Hari grinned even bigger. It was game time. Then Eden said to do two laps in air. Okay. She grabbed her broom and zipped around the pitch twice, before settling in at the goals. Okay. Now it was game time.

The quaffle bounced around, and a score was made against the other keeper. Then, it started heading her way. Aww yes. One of the younger kids took aim, now it was up to her to stop it. She could do this!

addaellis

Gold Team Keeper
          Modifiers: +5 {Keeping}
          Special Skills: Hold The Line, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
          Total Roll:19 {Saved!}
          Lives: [✿] [✿] [✿]

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:00 am
User ImageUser Image

xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Hufflepuffs
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hufflepuff Tryouts
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is gonna be good!

With all her skill (and a bit of luck), Hari noticed the kid shooting for the furthest hoop from himself. Not today, kiddo! She reached out, managing to catch, but only barely. Aha! Great! And to provide encouragement, like she always tried to do, Hari shouted over to the boy who made the throw. "Nice try! You almost had it!" From there, she eyed her team, then tossed to the first year girl. Girls gotta stick together, right? She hoped they'd continue settling to get the best team. She wanted to win this year!

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Gold Team Keeper
          Modifiers: +5 {Keeping}
          Special Skills: Hold The Line, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
          Total Roll:19 {Saved!}
          Lives: [✿] [✿] [✿]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:21 pm
User Image
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF

User Image

"Good shot, Galen! You'll get it next time!" Wyn yelled sincerely. Just in time, she realized her team's keeper had tossed the quaffle her way. She just barely caught it and flashed a smile at the older girl. "Thanks, mate," she said before making sure her grip on the quaffle was good. Then she flew. I can do this, she thought, hoping she'd at least get a chance to take a shot today. Nervously, she looked around in case there were any black team chasers gearing up for a steal, or any beaters in proximity to a bludger. Those did not feel good, she'd learned, and would try to avoid being hit if possible. Just in case, she added in a few evasive maneuvers as she crossed the pitch toward the other hoops.

OOC:

Drive to goals: 1/3
                                                Total Roll:

Quote:

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:02 am
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Hufflepuff First Year ♖
Future Activites

User Image
▬▬ There isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about you▬▬

Dominik screed with excitement as the bludger hit her opponent. She went after the bludger again amd went in for another attack, she went back to trying to hit Galen but she failed. She began flying around looking for another opportunity.

▬▬ Being here just puts me one step closer to finding you Dee.▬▬

Position: Yellow Beater
Lives: yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi
Mods: +2 Hitting
Trying to: Hit Galen
Roll: 9 + 2 [hitting] = 11 miss

[quote=""

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:16 pm
User Image
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF

User Image

Wyn continued her drive toward the goals, jinking and diving as she went to avoid any incoming bludgers. Her eyes caught sight of Dominik trying to hit one, and she smiled. Quidditch really was a fun game. She loved the positive nature of the Hufflepuff team, too. It was competitive, but friendly. She wondered if it would be like this in a regular game. Hunching low to the broom handle, she pressed on.

OOC:

Drive to goals: 2/3
                                                Total Roll:

Quote:

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

ChrysalismAndPetrichor rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:05 pm
User Image
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF

User Image

Thankfully, no bludgers got in her way this time. It seemed like Wyn was home free, though she still had to make a shot past Knolle. Her earlier plan to go for the left hoop just didn't feel right anymore. Instead, she made a beeline for the center hoop, not quite deciding which to throw the quaffle at until she was very close to the keeper. At the last moment, she feigned like she was going to throw left and instead let the quaffle fly toward the right hoop. Hopefully she'd fall for the fake-out.

OOC:

Drive to goals: 3/3
                                                Total Roll: 15 + 2 - 1 = 16

addaellis

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

addaellis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:19 pm

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club head chef
Herbology Club co-captain || Quidditch manager

"Good try! And Good save Hari!" Wes called when Galen shot the quaffle, going for a harder across-the-posts shot. Hariette, their star keeper, caught it magnificently though before passing it off. Weslyn barely had a chance to steady herself before Wyn was back, weaving through the players to get there.

Wes balanced carefully, trying not to be faked out again. She waited and dove-- correctly this time!

Weslyn caught the quaffle solidly and straightened with a "Good shot though! You were fast!" Seeing as Joe was trying to make sure Galen got quaffle time, Wes flew forward a bit and went for a long pass at Galen himself: "Here you go!"

setting Hufflepuff Team Tryouts 2053 || with Quidditch people
appearance 5'2", petite || wearing occasionally glasses + yellow sweater and shorts
status oh, quaffle incoming!

Position: black team keeper
Total roll: 19 + 4 = 23 Saved

Stats:
Modifiers: +4 to catching the quaffle/ snitch. +2 to others
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3 <3

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

She may be the mirror of my dream
A smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell
✿❀
~"She" by Josh Groban.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:00 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

first year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist
Cooking Club pancake mixer || Quidditch fan

Everyone was so friendly! Galen headed back for the other goals, looking for an opportunity to steal, but Wyn was too fast! He nearly caught up, but was delayed dodging a bludger. By the time he'd pulled up, Wyn had shot the ball and Weslyn blocked it. She passed it to him, and Galen caught it with a grin. He backed a bit off before seeing Joe in a better position and tossed the quaffle over "Heya Big Buddy!"

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2053 || with Fellow Hufflepuff Quidditch fans!
appearance Neon green hair || wearing Pink sweater and black jeans with
status I finally get to play Quidditch!

Position: black team chaser
Total roll: To goals post 1/3 Pass to Joe

Stats:
Modifiers: +2 to catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

Welcome back the sunrise,
I'm finally waking up.
And I've been here for far too long,
but I think I've had enough.
Cause I've been praying for a change
for such a long long time.
Take a breath and step outside
and lay the past behind.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo

Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:08 am
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Hufflepuff First Year ♖
Future Activites

User Image
▬▬ There isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about you▬▬

Dominik had missed the kid again. But he was doing pretty well for chaser. She took another swing, trying to aim for Galen. She was determined to hit him and prove she was as good of a beater as Chadwick was.

She squealed as she hit the bludger and it headed straight for the fellow first year. She hoped he wouldn’t get hurt too bad. But also hoped it would hit him.

▬▬ Being here just puts me one step closer to finding you Dee.▬▬

Position: Yellow Beater
Lives: yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi
Mods: +2 Hitting
Trying to: Hit Galen
Roll: 13 + 2 [hitting] =15 Hit if not Blocked

“addaellis”

kiska166

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
ChrysalismAndPetrichor rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:06 pm
User Image
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF

User Image

Knolle caught the Quaffle, and Wyn winced just a little. She'd really been hoping for a score. If she made the team, she'd have plenty of opportunities, but the competition was stiff and there were definitely other first years seeming to outshine her. She couldn't help but be a little bitter at the beater who'd whacked a bludger her way. Trying not to let the insecurity get to her, she smiled at the keeper's compliments and followed the quaffle back to Galen, who threw it to the twin. She tried her best to pick up the pace and decided to try one last time for a steal. This time, instead of pulling up alongside him, she made a long arc to get in front of him before turning around and flying at him like oncoming traffic. As they met, passing each other, Wyn reached out and tried her best to scoop the quaffle with her forearm.

The more experienced boy seemed to know just what she was doing, however, and she came up with nothing but empty air.

OOC:

Drive to goals:
                                                Total Roll: 4 + 2 - 1 = 5 (Miss)

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x