Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:07 am
User Image
User Image
User Image
[[EDITED]]

Bailey paced back and forth across the field. It was their last practice, and in reality, they wouldn't even be practicing. Today she would hand down the crown of Hufflepuff team captain to another student, which was difficult - not because she wanted so badly to keep it for herself, but because the decision was such a hard one to make.

She had thought very long about this, and had finally came up with a choice. During the process of deciding, she had made sure not to put her personal feelings in the way, but to instead focus on the important factors that naturally came with the title of Team Captain.

Bailey waited impatiently as her team began to join her, trying not to consider the fact that this would be her last quidditch practice, her last day as team captain, and even her last day as a quidditch player. She gestured for the students to gather around her one by one, waiting on the last couple people before she spoke.

"As you all know, this is my last year - last day - at Hogwarts. And thus, it is also my last day as Hufflepuff's seeker and team captain." She began, already starting to tear up. "I have already chosen my successor, and I promise it is someone that will lead you through a successful season next year. Their uncanny quidditch skill and astounding personality mesh perfectly, so much so that I am positive Nevin Asphodel will make a fantastic team captain." She announced proudly, encouraging the crowd to clap along with her in congratulations. In honor of the moment, she removed the team captain jersey that she was wearing and handed it to Nevin just in time to catch another tear that had rolled down her cheek. "Congratulations, Nev." She whispered, a brilliant smile lighting her face with genuine happiness.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:52 am
User Image
User Image

Head Boy

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Nevin stepped out into the field. It felt strange being there alone, dragging all the equipment with him. He was both excited and yet a bit sad as well. Bailey was no longer here. It would be odd to fly through the air without seeing her around. She had given him a great responsibility. Team Captain. Why she ever did was beyond him but he accepted it happily. He let out a deep sigh after setting the items across the grass. Now all he had to do was wait for the others to show up. His top priority though was to find a new seeker. With Bailey gone that was the only position open.

User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:47 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

Devin Cloud

Second YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Devin walked onto the pitch, the Hufflepuff really wondering who would fill the open seeker position. It was going to be quite weird without Bailey, for that was the person that had faith in him, but he was going to have to get used to it. Bailey was not going to be there for the next six years that he is chaser. He wished otherwise, but it was the truth. He looked around for Nevin, who was carrying all the equipment onto the pitch. Devin decided to give him a hand, helping him carry around all of the heavy equipment. He walked over to Nevin, the goalkeeper.

"Here, I'll help," he told him, picking up the barrel of brooms that he had gotten used to when he had first year flying. The brooms were not of good condition and paled in comparison to his brother's old broom. There had to be something custom made on his brother's old broom, for it moved faster than almost all brooms he has seen. It was quite the sight to behold, especially when flying it. Flying the magnificent, smooth broom was like riding in the newest car. The ride was very smooth, turning was of best quality, and not to mention the torque it could create. He loved the broom more than anything else in the world and he was glad that his brother had given it to him. But, the broom was his now; so he needs to refer to it as his own and not his brother's old broom.

"So, have you seen any potential seekers yet? I really have not met with the first years yet," he asked Nevin, who was carrying around bludger bays and bats. He was so happy that it was time for Quidditch once again, knowing that his legacy continued on here. He was so happy to find out that he was on the team as a first year, especially the fact that he was playing his natural position. He did not want to be anything other than chaser and everyone knew that, for he constantly said that.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:49 pm
User Image
"Only a true dream
can catch my eye

and hold me down"

The smell of the pitch combined with that of the polish on the wood of her broomstick was making Charlotte churn with excitement just like the smell of her mother's muffins made her stomach growl. She'd been waiting for this all summer, though she had practiced a bit. Still, tossing a muggle ball around to catch it by herself wasn't quite the best method of practice.
She stepped onto the grass with a wide grin and high hopes. The team was pretty darn good, and all they needed was a great seeker. As soon as she spotted Devin and Nevin setting up, Kat ran over to help. "So, cap, it's kinda different without Bailey, huh?" She asked in a quiet voice. Bailey had been Kat's role model, being head girl and prefect and captain and all. It was her goal to make Nevin her new role model, for he'd achieved pretty much the same things as Bailey. Charlotte hoped to at least be a prefect one day. Head girl was way beyond her reach.
A twinkle in her eye, she looked over at Devin. Though last year he had bested her, her competitive edge was beginning to come on. She knew for sure she could totally whoop him this year. "Hey, Dev, wanna have a go defendin' the hoops? I betcha I could score three out of three on ya. That is, if it's all right with the actual keeper here." She looked back over at Nevin, silently asking his permission. Memories began to stir in her mind, and she remembered how she'd pulled off some pretty complex moves in her try-outs. To be sure, though, she hadn't made any but her last shot against Devin, and that had been a very close call. And he was beater. Kat began to slightly regret her comment. She didn't want to be bested by a younger student again.

User Image

Age: 13 ❤ Relationship Status: Single ❤ Mood: Excited ❤ Location: Quidditch Pitch

Thoughts: "I can so do this!"

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:25 pm
User Image

Devin Cloud

Devin was glad that the two had made up after their little episode earlier in the year. It really lifted his mood to the best it could be. The year had started out bad, but worked it's way back to a good status fortunately. Now that he had made up with Charlotte, that competitive flare between them had made its way back to their relationship. Devin smiled, happy that she had decided to challenge him once again.

"Are you sure Char? Don't want to be losing to a second year," he quickly answered, flashing a competitive grin at her. He picked up Kameka, his broom, and had got on it, slightly levitating in the air. He has gotten much better, and she probably knew it. He wasn't going to take it easy on her as much this time. She had been practicing, probably over the summer some time. He could tell that she was definitely more comfortable with her broom this year than she was last year. She seemed confident as well. He was ready, taking off into the air and heading towards the posts, taking a quick warm up lap. The second year was good, but she was too.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:04 pm
User Image
User Image

Aerynn McKenny
Hufflepuff Prefect
Sixth Year

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「Aww I already is Bailey.」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「My Team」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn made her way onto the field, broom over her shoulder. She was happy for another year of playing. Her friend Nevin was the captain and it was looking great for the team. "Hey guys!!! How was your break?" She asked mounting up and getting ready to start.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:59 pm
User Image

Devin Cloud

As he was ready to take off, he saw the other chaser, Aerynn, walking on the pitch. He decided to greet her before he took off. And before he could even do that, she blurt out a question. He smiled as she said this and opened his mouth, saying, "Well, for me, my summer was good, quite uneventful, but it went well. Practiced some Quidditch with my big bro, sent letters to a friend, and played some soccer in my free time with Calvin, my little bro. Other than that, I didn't do much" He laughed at his uneventful summer. Being a first year at that time really didn't gain a person that many friends. He was glad to have this QUiddtich team, or he would practically have 4 friends. Annabelle, Einri and Loch Farren, and Cathryn. He would not have Charlotte, for he met this close friend through Quidditch.

"How about you Aerynn?" he asked her, waiting for an answer of great detail, for someone like her had many friends. She was one of the most popular kids in school and he was sure she knew it. He was just happy he had gotten to know someone like her.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Head Boy

Nevin thanked Devin for helping him with the equipment. He turned to speak to him when the others started showing up."Hey everyone!!! Glad you all could make it. Excited about this year?" he said cheerfully as he dusted off his hands. His hands trembled lightly at his mixture of excitement and nervousness towards his new burden of Captain.

After a moment of conversation a few took off into the air, Nevin climbed on his broom and joined them in the air. "Alright shall we start practice? It seems we have no new Hufflepuffs at tryouts yet. Maybe they'll show up during practice" he said positioning himself in front of one of the goals.

((sorry guys, things have been very busy...D: hope my post is ok...))

User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 5, 9, 1, 2, 6, 9, 8, 4, 1 Total: 52 (10-100)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:43 pm
ElegantVictiorainRose

User Image

Devin Cloud

"Oh...I'm sure there will be kids coming soon. Here, I'll warm you up Nevin," Devin said, taking the quaffle in his hands and juggling it around for a little bit, doing some nifty little behind the back tricks for a second and then preparing to go. He would not go full blast quite yet, for that would defeat the purpose of 'warming up' Nevin. He would finish his talk with his fellow members between shots. He readied Kameka and started at a casual rate, waiting for Nevin to ready himself. He headed straight towards the goal, cut left, cocked back, twisted his torso out for more power, and twisted back rapidly and took a left handed shot that was fairly hard because of the follow through Devin used. The shot was quite hard for his age, but he was not the same as the kids his age. The fact that he could even take a left handed shot was quite the feat. Not many people could teach themselves to throw with their weak hand. His whole family could, for it was something that Josh preached everyday. He said that if Devin mastered his left hand, he would instantly move to the upper echelons of Quidditch players, even if he was only a second year and 12 years old. So, he began to practice his left handed shots, not really going right unless he was in games, or really shooting on a keeper.

He watched as the quaffle sailed towards the right hoop. It was quite the impressive shot, but it was not his best. His best was obviously the corkscrew shot that he had unleashed last year, which Nevin almost stopped. That opened his eyes to the skill level of the goalie. He would not underestimate him. He had been working on that shot ever since, making sure that no one could stop it. But...he always had his moments.

MysticHoneyRose rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 4, 10, 5, 6, 6, 4, 5, 5 Total: 51 (10-100)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:52 am
User Image
User Image

Head Boy

Nevin smirked as he readied himself for the shot. It felt great being so high again playing his favorite game. Devin was a superb player. His corkscrew shot from last year showed him just how strong he was. His eyes followed the quaffle move towards the right hoop then took his chance to stop it, eyes narrowed as all his focus was on the quaffle and the quaffle only.

User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 am
User Image
User Image

Head Boy

The quaffle hit his fingers and broke through, just barely moving through the goal. A laugh left the seven year and he turned to Devin. "Nice shot, you must have been practicing all break!" he said rocketing down to gather the quaffle and brought it back up and threw it to him. "Come on, go again" he smiled, any sign of anger of missing the shot no longer evident in his features.

User Image

Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 5, 7, 6, 4, 3, 8, 3, 9, 5 Total: 60 (10-100)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:39 am
User Image
Devin Cloud

Devin smiled as the shot went through barely, just nipping off Nevin's fingers and hitting off the hoop and falling in. Devin loved the off the hoop shot, but at that moment, hitting the hoop was luck. It only hit it because of the misdirection off Nevin's fingers so Devin wasn't too proud of the shot. He smiled at Nevin as the boy complimented him. One thing Nevin was better at than anybody else was sportsmanship. Devin was glad to have him as a captain. When the older boy told him to give it another go, he replied with "Alright! Might as well!"

Devin caught the quaffle that Nevin had threw to him and he went back to about center field. He started towards the goal, making an extremely straight forward attack route. He headed straight for the center goal and cocked back his right arm. He then faked the right arm shot and switched to his left. He unleashed the shot once again towards the right goal. He watched as it soared toward the hoop, actually at quite a nice speed.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
MysticHoneyRose rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 5, 7, 3, 8, 7, 4, 7, 10 Total: 62 (10-100)

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm
User Image
User Image

Head Boy

Nevin smiled. He loved the thrill of this game. so much so that he now just enjoyed playing it whether or not he caught the ball. When Devin took off to the middle of the field, his excitement settled down into concentration. He sat still, watching as he came towards him. Judging by his direction he was going to go for the center goal, but he knew his teammate well. Watching carefully he readied himself for a split second dive. Devin faked a throw then propelled the quaffle towards the same goal as before. With a yell he dove for it...

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:51 pm
User Image
User Image

Head Boy

His quick shot towards the goal to block the throw had been fast enough to flip him a few times after his arms firmly wrapped around the Quaffle. Had he been a few seconds early the quaffle would have sailed through the goal but not today. Once he made himself upright again he turned to Devin. "Amazing shot! Keep this up and I might not be able to stop you!" he laughed. "I think thats good for now, take a few laps around the pitch, I'll try and work with the others for now, here" he threw the quaffle to him. "Carry that as you do your laps" He flew past him and patted his shoulder then flew over to Ryn and Char. "So girls, I want to practice with you two now. I want to see how well you guys have practiced" he teased. "Grab another quaffle and meet me at the goals" he said then rocketed back up towards the goal.

User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Rechosia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:59 am
User ImageUser Image

Kaera hurried onto the field, knowing she was late but rushing to get there on time. Danielle had caught her as she was on her way out of the castle, and the older Frisk sister had had to comfort the younger one. It seemed an incident in Defense Against the Dark Arts had shaken the girl, and Kaera had wanted to talk with her before hurrying off. Now arriving at the tryouts, Kaera gave an apologetic nod towards Nevin. "Sorry I'm late, what do you need me to do?" She was ready, with broom in hand as she struggled to catch her breath.

User Image

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games