Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:54 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff
"We need not look into the future, because today is what we should be worrying about"

User Image
Age:11 Height: 4'10" Weight: 100 lbs Birthday: 30 April

He watched in nervousness as Bailey started to go left, but then, on her beautiful broom, she had expertly turned and intercepted the path of the Quaffle. He looked at her, a smile on his face. She had not fallen for his cleverly thought out shot.

"Dang, you saw through my ruse. You know, that shot went way better in my head" he said jokingly. It really didn't matter that he missed the shot. You know what they say, "To succeed, you've got to fail once in a while." He looked at her, honestly surprised because she was a seeker stopping the shot that he has gotten actual goalies to fall for.

"I'll give you that one. That was a great stop Bailey," he admitted to her. It was true. It was a great stop. He then looked down to the ground to see a new person.

"That must be Nevin," he pointed out to Bailey.

Mood: Happy Class: Quidditch PitchRelationship Status: Single

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:02 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
Grinning at her ability to read the boy's shot, she shouted, "That really was a fantastic shot! Good tactics!" Throwing him the quaffle again, he pointed out her boyfriend and her eyes caught sight of that chestnut hair she so often daydreamed of. "The ground is no place to be during Quidditch practice, Nev! Get up here! I'm starting to think I'm better at this than you are!" She chuckled loudly through her wide, teasing smile. She was excited for him to join them, and even more excited not to be at risk of embarrassing herself and soiling her Quidditch reputation by playing keeper. Turning back to Devin, she raised her eyebrows and shrugged. "Well? Are you ready to get dominated one last time?" She asked playfully, waiting for Devin to make his final shot.
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:10 pm
User Image
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Nevin laughed at his girlfriends teasing comments. He hopped up from his seat and quickly mounted his broom and rocketed up to join them. He did a flip around Bailey then when he came to rest next to her he stole a quick kiss. "I was worried you were angry with me" he said with a soft smile. "And to be honest, I think you are better than me" he laughed a bit nervously. Sometimes Nevin just had horrible days where he could catch nothing. Hopefully this was not one of those days.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:14 pm
ElegantVictiorainRose

Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff
"We need not look into the future, because today is what we should be worrying about"

User Image

"Yeah, alright. I shall not be dominated ever again! " he said jokingly. Bailey was a really cool person. She was already cooler than most of the friends he made this year. Maybe it was just her charm, but he didn't care. As long as she was friendly, Devin will be nice to her as well.

"Let's see how this one goes. I'm going to have to think of an amazing shot to get it past Nevin though," he admitted. He couldn't wait to shoot against Nevin. This was going to be the test of his true skill.

He moved back into position, waiting for Nevin to get ready.

Mood: Pumped Class: Quidditch PitchRelationship Status: Single

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:25 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
Bailey's cheeks flushed with the color of roses and she giggled like a young girl again as Nevin kissed her cheek and teased her back. "Well this is your chance to prove yourself." She gestured towards Devin who seemed more than confident in scoring against Hufflepuff's actual keeper. "Good luck." Her warm words and hefty smile was meant to encourage them both as she raised the nose of her Nimbus and ascended further into the air, clearing the goal posts for Nevin to take over. She hovered above the players, watching everyone take part in try-outs.
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:30 pm
User Image
User Image

Nevin turned to the boy that Bailey had just blocked.He seemed very confident, a quality that was highly valued in Hufflepuff Quidittch players. He had no doubt that whatever the outcome he would most likely make the team. To show off a little he zipped forward and flipped over then through the goal rings. He shot back up and positioned himself. "Good luck" he said smirking. It felt good to be back in his position.

User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 9, 6, 6, 2, 5, 9, 9, 10, 9 Total: 75 (10-100)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:45 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff

User Image

Devin sat there thinking for quite awhile, making sure to devise a great shot for Nevin to try to stop. His approach was going to be untraditional, but the physics can back it up. He was going to corkscrew the broom, meaning he was going to rotate his broom in a spiral motion . He was going to be extremely dizzy after the corkscrew because at a high speed, moving from right side up, to upside down, back to right side up takes an extreme toll on your body. The spin was going to create a tremendous amount of torque; however. Then, when he went to spin rightside up closer to the goal he would use his right hand to shoot a high velocity shot towards the left goal.

He started his approach, going at a tad slower speed than his previous shot, because he didn't know if he could control a high-velocity spiraling broom. He gained a little bit of speed and went into a tucked position on the broom, both his hands up near the broom's nose, and mentally prepared himself to shoot. He was about fifty meters away from the goal when he started to corkscrew counter clockwise. His corkscrew sped up, causing a huge amount of centripetal force to build up. Finally, he cocked back his right arm, his left hand still on the broom to control the broom's movement, and started his shot sequence. As he came right side up, he unleashed a shot upon the left goal that flew through the air at extreme speeds. Now he could only hope that it goes in. He stopped spinning and watched dizzily as the ball went towards the goal.

Mood: Pumped Class: Quidditch PitchRelationship Status: Single.

(OOC: The corkscrew was ridiculously hard to explain, so I hope this explanation is good enough)  
MysticHoneyRose rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 10, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3, 10, 10 Total: 73 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:51 pm
User Image
User Image

Nevin's eyes went wide as he watched the first year do a rather advanced move. Where and how he learned to fly so well was impressive. His experienced eyes watched as he corkscrewed toward him at a rather high speed. He gripped his broom handle until his knuckles went white and then propelled himself towards the ball as it shot at him like a lightning bolt...

User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:53 pm
User Image
User Image

His fingers slid along the side of the quaffle but he was just not close enough. It zoomed past him and through the goal. After a moment to collect himself he turned to Devin with a wide smile and a laugh,"congrats!!! That was a really great shot" he said looking at the dizzy first year then he looked at Bailey. A half guilty look was in his eyes.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:05 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff

User Image

"Thank you," he said, still dizzy. He waited, hovering in the air while his dizziness subsided. About 10 seconds later, his dizziness faded. He saw everything clearly. He had a little headache; however. He flew over to Nevin, finally being able to see him clearly, which means he could properly thank him.

"Thanks man. Well, from what I thought I saw, you came very close to getting that. I must say, you are very skilled my friend. I am glad to have gotten the opportunity to shoot on you," he admitted. Nevin was skilled, and Devin knew this. The necessary reaction time to actually be able to come close to stopping that shot was ridiculous alone. Devin shook his hand, a smile upon his face.

"Hey, maybe I'll get the chance of being on the same team as you," he said hopefully. He wanted to be on the team horribly, and Nevin most likely knew it.

Mood: Pumped up Class: Quidditch PitchRelationship Status: Single

(OOC: How do we both draw in the seventies? I think that's the highest and closest scores I've seen yet)  

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:10 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Jane caught a quaffle and headed towards the goals. She rubbed the ball getting a feel for it. She first made sure someone was watching and guarding so she wouldn't simply get it in by inattention. Jane grabbed the ball and expertly tossed it towards the goals. The aim and form was as good as she could get it and she hoped wildly to get it in.

ooc; i don't know who this shot is aimed at. i'm to lazy to read all i've missed
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:23 pm
User Image

User Image

Just as Devin was making his last shot, Charlotte's fear was personified. A bludger was zooming at full speed towards her new friend's occipital. For a few moments, Charlotte simply hovered there, wondering in horror why nobody was doing anything. Suddenly aware of the bat in her hand, she understood why. This was her duty, not anyone else's. Desperately she lurched forward, her chin almost touching the handle of her broom. The bludger grew closer and closer to Devin, and the adrenaline was egging Charlotte on. She wouldn't let him down. She couldn't. Still, she feared she would be too late. She feared the consequences that would ensue, which might include rejection from the team.

The bludger was now seconds from impact, and Charlotte's heart skipped a beat when she realized that it was a mathematical impossibility for her to reach it first. She would fail, and it would all be over. Her chance of getting onto the team would disappear, and any hope of friendship with Devin would fade.

Smack!

By some unknown reason, perhaps spiritual or paranormal, Charlotte found herself, arm extended and grasping the beater's bat, hovering inches away from Devin. The bludger was gone, and all risk had been eliminated. Charlotte let out a relieved sigh. Still, she'd crushed her fingers between the bat and the ball, and they were in pain. Charlotte shook her head and thought of something else. After all, this was quidditch. There was no crying in quidditch.

Now that Devin had finished his shots, and quite well, it was Charlotte's turn. She quickly flew up to Nevin, who had replaced Bailey as keeper. She was very nervous to shoot on him, as she'd failed several times against Devin, and he'd been a first year. Still, she'd pulled off a near impossible move against Devin, and even if she couldn't score against Nevin, she would put up a decent fight. "Ready for some more action?" she asked Nevin. She didn't want to sound rude, she only wanted to appear confident. She smiled at him, giving him time to prepare.

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:25 pm
POISON IVORY

Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff

User Image

Devin had retrieved the Quaffle out of respect for Nevin. After that, Devin flew over to Bailey, who had been off to the side

"You know, I really have to stop doing these sort of things," he said jokingly, still holding his head from the aftermath of the corkscrew. Devin soon realized that he is going to have to practice that shot more. He could possibly utilize it if he dampered the dizziness effect. He laughed, hovering next to Bailey.

"I must say, that was probably the hardest thing I have ever done, and still, Nevin almost stopped it. I must say, even though he let the shot in, he is extremely skilled. I still have places to improve, and I see where now," he admitted to her. He hoped she listened to him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Bailey watched as Devin just barely managed to get the quaffle by her keeper, which would not have been possible if Charlotte hadn't saved him again from a blazing bludger, and an impressed smile sat pleasantly atop her lips. She clapped as the boy approached her, laughing lightly at his apparent dizziness. "Well that's the whole idea of Quidditch - learning. Even if you don't make the team, you'll be more experienced when you leave this pitch." She patted the first year comfortingly on the shoulder before zipping down towards the goal posts again.

"Mind if I have another stab at it?" Bailey asked her boyfriend. "I could use some practice at this. And keep an eye on the beater progress for me, will you? I wanna make sure our two positions our filled with the rightful owners. She whispered the last bit inconspicuously in his ear, assigning him to help her with choosing their new teammates. "Alright! Which one of you ladies want to take a stab at this?" She called across the field, seeing that both Jane and Charlotte were contemplating the chaser task.

[OOC: You guys can both post and I'll just pretend you went one after another, but remember to roll ten 10-sided dice so we can know whether or not their shot went in. Let me know if you need any help! xD And Maiya and Bug, don't forget to have Jane and Devin try their hand at the bludgers. Oh and Rose - I just had Bailey take over while you're gone to get this over with, but feel free to jump back in if you want to. :3]
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:13 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff

User Image

By now, even the aftermath had subsided. He decided to now go be a beater. He flew down to the equipment table, picking out the best looking bat and the least beat-up bludger bay. Now it was time to have fun. Devin enjoyed the beater position because it was funny messing with the violent bludger. He slipped the bay on his arm, then got onto his broom, and took off.

While in the air, he looked around, waiting for a bludger to try to attack either him, or someone else. He flew around watching a lonely bludger fly around. Then suddenly, it turned and came right into his direction. He awaited the bludger to get close enough. It soared through the air at an unparalleled speed. Finally, it was close enoughthat he could hit it. He shifted left and swung the bludger bat in one motion. He sent the bludger flying eastward, away from everybody. He then saw one coming at Charlotte from behind. He raced over, and about 20 meters before the bludger had reached her, he connected. The bludger had been sent flying towards the bottom of the stands. The bludger had gotten wrapped in the flag. Devin chuckled at this fact.

"Wow, I've never seen something like that before," he said, going over to the flag and untangling the bludger. It had flown free once again, going in the other direction towards no one.

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games