Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Team Posted! [[Oct-Dec 23]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

Second Year Ravenclaw

User Image

Though the boy smiled kindly at the words of his superior, he couldn't help but notice him harden a bit when he commented on his improved state. Ethan merely shrugged this off however, and thanked the captain. "Thanks, mate. Maybe I'll tell you sometime. As for now, better get going."
Just then, Ethan sensed someone entering the pitch. He grasped his broom and began to take off when he heard the newcomer speak. It was a female voice, and and the sweetest he'd heard in a long time. Ethan found himself hesitating, taking in every note of that voice. Every syllable seemed to calm him and excite him at the same time. What stuck the most was the name, Rosemarie. Ethan said it over and over in his mind. Rosemarie. Rosemarie. It wasn't a name he'd heard or said before. It must belong to a first year.
He heard the voice of the third year confirm the girl's request. He heard Woil give him the go to take up his spot in front of the goalposts. It took a few seconds, but the request finally penetrated his delirium and he reacted, kicking off to drift steadily up to his position. Though he hadn't flown in a while, the action was pretty natural to him, despite a tiny bit of shakiness due to his nerves.
From his spot neat the center goalpost he finally got a look at the one who had possessed the angelic voice. He couldn't quite make out her facial features from this distance, but he was instantly captivated by her hair. The golden waves cascaded over her shoulders and curled playfully near her waist. She was indeed a first year; Ethan had seen her briefly at the sorting ceremony. He'd been in such a glum state then he'd thought nothing of the girl. He watched as the captain tossed her a quaffle, realizing he would have to keep her from making it past him. Nervousness began to form, for the task was difficult enough before the distraction. Telling himself he could do this, he clenched his jaw and focused hard, preparing for the first year to take a shot.

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

I am on the Quidditch Pitch
with Woil, Phinelia, Cathryn, and... Rosemarie...
and I'm going ---

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:53 pm
User Image
User Image

Rosemarie nodded and took the quaffle. She set it down and put her hair in a ponytail before tucking the quaffle under her arm once again and selecting a broom. "Thank you." she said as she mounted the broom and pushed off the ground. Darting forward on the old school broom she felt joyous. She was in the air like she belonged. Da was right. If I try I will make it. she thought as she flee towards the goal post. "I can do this" she said determined.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:48 pm
User Image

User Image

Adjust her glasses Riley apprehensively approached the quidditch pitch. She was excited to try out but a little nervous about her skills. She didn't exactly have much experience in flying but she was determined to not make a fool of herself. Hopefully they wouldn't laugh much if she failed. She approached a blonde boy whom she was certain was the captain
"E-Excuse me, but I was wondering if I could still try out. For Keeper that is.." she asked hopefully. She was determined to make it.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:04 am
A house divided...
Cannot stand...
We must stand together...

User Image
User Image

Another student? Woil turned to great another first year applying to join the Quidditch team. He smiled as she was nervous, gently assuring her he didn't bite.
"Sure, we've already got someone applying for Keeper, but if you can be better then him-" He winked, "-The position is yours." He looked up at Ethan and Rosemarie, to check on them.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None
Mood: Stable.
╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser Image

User Image User Image User Image
Or we will all die alone...

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 pm
User Image

User Image

So someone else was going out for that spot too. She wondered who she would be competing with. Looking up she spotted a blondish looking boy by the three goal posts. He didn't look much older than her so he might be a second year but he could have been older. And all she had to do was be better than him.
Easier said than done. she thought. He was clearly a lot more experienced than she was. Her eyes shone with a steely determination. She couldn't let it get to her though. She would try her best. She hoped her best would be good enough. If not then so be it. Perhaps they might let her try for another spot or there was always next year. She turned back to the captain with a nod. "Thank you. I'm Riley by the way. Riley Crevan"

User Image

User Image

KlutzyChild rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 7, 8, 9, 3, 4, 5, 10, 6, 10 Total: 65 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

Second Year Ravenclaw

User Image

Ethan watched as the girl pulled the gorgeous hair back into a ponytail before rising up to the goalposts. Up close, Ethan could make out her facial features, and he liked what he saw. Those eyes... that nervous smile... Ethan blinked and shook his head. He'd been taught not to judge by appearances, and also the girl was only eleven. And to make matters worse, he was about to defend against her. Still, he couldn't help but get distracted by her golden hair, now tied up and falling down her back.
He knew he couldn't be like this if he were to achieve the position he wanted. What if someone else showed up to challenge him? Glancing below, he saw that another young girl had come to the try-outs. The boy tried his best to focus on the task at hand. He pretended the girl in front of him was his sister, so that he wouldn't be as distracted. It wasn't very effective though. Sighing, Ethan lined up to block her shot.

with Woil, Phinelia, Cathryn, Riley, and... Rosemarie...
and I'm going ---

[Sorry for taking a while, and sorry for the short post. Busyyyyy razz ]

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sir Spazalots rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 4, 1, 3, 10, 3, 5, 4, 9, 5 Total: 47 (10-100)

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:43 pm
User Image
User Image

Rosemarie flew forward and tossed the qauffle towards the goalposts with a quiet plead. "Please" she said as it launched through the air If I make this I can get it she thought.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

Second Year Ravenclaw

User Image

As the quaffle sailed towards the goalpost to his left, Ethan thought he heard the girl say something softly. It distracted him for a moment, but he remembered the quaffle, and quickly dipped left, his fingertips just barely making contact with the ball's surface, altering it's course. Once it began to fall, he swooped down under it and caught it, returning to his spot and tossing the quaffle back to Rosemarie. Nervously, he said his first words to her. "N- nice shot. Really good, actually. You may want to try adding in a little maneuver or psyche or something, but generic shots are great too. I uh, I'm Ethan by the way. Ethan King." He'd heard her name before, but just for the joy of hearing it again in that soft, sweet voice, he added in, "And you are..."
He extended his hand over the gap between them, careful not to fall off his broomstick. His eyes hovered over her face a bit, but he quickly looked away. He did not want to make her feel uncomfortable.

with Woil, Phinelia, Cathryn, Riley, and... Rosemarie...
and I'm going ---

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:38 pm
User Image

Cathryn O'Malley
12 Years OldSecond YearRavenclawChaserTaken by William Dante Nott the Third

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cathryn watched Ethan's and the first-year, Rosemarie's, first Quidditch exchange. Rosemarie was good enough, quite good in fact, but Ethan was better, and soon the young King had possession of the Quaffle. His possession of the red ball was barely there however. The boy seemed distracted, very unlike himself. Cat hoped it wasn't because of her. That would be awful.

Her entire body ached to be up in the air with the two players. She needed the rush of the air, the surge of adrenaline, the feeling of freedom. But, alas, such was not her current duty, so she resigned herself to watching and waiting for whenever it might be her turn.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

Injuries/Illnesses: ------

Out of character: ------

Wearing

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:37 pm
A house divided...
Cannot stand...
We must stand together...

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Another year! Another adventure! Hopefully they could get the Ravenclaw team off the ground. So with help, Woil brought the crate of Quidditch balls out and huffed, wondering when the tryouts will start. In other words, he waited for people to start heading down.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries: None
Mood: Happy
╚══════════════╝

User ImageUser Image

User Image User Image User Image

Or we will all die alone...

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:59 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase didn't why or how, but he found himself strolling on the quidditch pitch. Somehow, that conversation with Ariana back in class motivated him to at least find out if quidditch would be a likely sport Chase would participate in. Maybe he would try out and make the team, although that's unlikely, considering how much of a hermit he was. But to change the path he was on, he had to try something drastically different.

He noticed that he was the first one on the field, besides another upperclassmen. He looked quite jubilant and maybe over-excited. Chase sighed. It would be awhile before anybody else would come down here. So, he sat down and took out his notes from various classes and started to study. To succeed, he had to focus and take every little chance he had to carve the materials into his mind.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:46 pm
User Image

Cathryn Rose O'Malley
13 Years OldThird YearRavenclawChaserSingle

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Finally! Quidditch season! The thrill of flight, the adrenaline coursing through her, the roar of the crowd as the Quaffle she had thrown soared through the goal. Yes, such was the wonder of Quidditch. She scurried onto the pitch toward the Seeker and Captain, Woil, her new Firebolt clutched in her hand. She spotted the blonde Ravenclaw standing with another boy, Chase, she recalled, a first year. "Greetings, Captain Noinnei! Hello, Chase! How is everything, Woil? Need any assistance? I can help, since I won't be trying out for anything this year." In truth, she wanted to try out for seeker, but since Woil had that position filled, there was little she could do then be content with her second favorite position. And anyway, the position didn't matter to her too much. The point was being competitive while flying on brooms...

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

╔══════════════╗

Injuries/Illnesses: ------

Out of character: ------

Wearing

RowenaMaximus

╚══════════════╝

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:44 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase looked up from his notes. "Hello," he said. He had seen her around, though they haven't interacted much with each other. "Why won't you try out?" he asked. If he remembered right, she was the only Ravenclaw Chaser for now. Maybe the Ravenclaw team Chasers will be dominated by first years, since no one else seemed to be interested in the position.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:17 pm
User Image

Chase walked out onto the field with his Firebolt II. His grandparents had kept him locked up for the past two years, he was damn well going to make them pay. When his grandmother had issued the ultimatum that he and Hildy were to have absolutely no contact with their school mates, that included Quidditch. Since he and Hildy had sprung out of the Balford Estate and lived with their Uncle Thayer for the end of summer, he was most excited for this day. He had been taking Advanced Flying all of these years and he knew how good he was.

His Quidditch pads were new when he bought them this summer but he had put miles on them since. Smiling broadly at Cat O’Malley, who was sweetly offering help, as he walked up, he winked at her in his characteristic charming way. ”I could use a massage, beautiful. If you are offering.”

He nodded to Woil, ”Greetings Cap.” he quipped in his American accent. Sometimes he really missed New York, but not today. Today he was hoping to secure the Keeper position. And he already knew that it was going to be a great day.

Pathological Kisser

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:17 pm
User Image
User Image

Shina walked out to join Chase and the older Ravenclaw girl, what was her name? Oh, that's right, Cathryn! Chase and Catherine on the field. "Hello, beautiful day for flying, isn't it? Mind if I join you to watch the try-outs?"

User Image
((OOC: FAQ says I can't try out as a first year. If this is incorrect, or has changed since the FAQ was made, please let me know! Otherwise, I'll just be acting as an observer, trying to get an idea of what will be in store for me second year! ))

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff