Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Team Posted! [[Oct-Dec 23]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:32 am
User Image
                                                  The best thing about tonight's that we're not fighting
                                                  Could it be that we have been this way before
                                                  I know you don't think that I am trying
                                                  I know you're wearing thin down to the core

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys stepped onto the pitch and started setting out supplies. He was still nervous, but his nervousness had died down to a minor annoyance than legitimate fear about speaking in front of people. No, he still didn't like public speaking, but this was a small crowd, not a mob. Nodding to himself, he settled back to wait for everyone to show up for tryouts.

[b]Username:[/b]
                                                  [b]Character's Name:[/b]
                                                  [b]House:[/b]
                                                  [b]Year:[/b]
                                                  [b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                  [b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                  [b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
                                                  [b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
                                                  [b]First Choice Position:[/b]
                                                  [b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

AC: 18
                                                  Modifiers: +8 for spotting, +8 for catching
                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [x] [x] [x]
                                                  Final Roll: --
                                                  -/3 Catch Up
                                                  -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, here goes nothing.
                                                  Taken By: Gideon Reid
                                                  OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is not what I intended
                                                  I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
                                                  You always thought that I was stronger
                                                  I may have failed
                                                  But I have loved you from the start

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:55 am
A mind as clear as a cloudless sky...
No room for rust, no room for settled dust.
A waning wild thrown to bygone days...
I’m growing black mud up around my veins;
And I’m going backwards, shutting out the name.

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw chaser │ sixth year prefect│ halfblood

Di was left feeling a little nostalgic, since it seemed like Rhys had been captain forever, and now it was his last year, and her second to last year. But hopefully they'd have a good turn out of first years, seeing how low they'd been on reserve players last year. And when Rhys was graduated next year Gavin would probably end up on first string, leaving them with just Dris. She took a form from Rhys with a wry smile and after filling it out, began her stretches.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Diantha Warlow
House: Ravenclaw
Year: Sixth
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Anywhere needed

OOC:
Position: Chaser
AC: 19
Mods: +7 Scoring, +5 Stealing
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
Lives: (X) (X) (X)
Post to Goal: n/a
Number of Goals Made: 0

Username

But it’s spiraling, spiraling into something bigger-
Is there something bigger?
Wide awake, but I am sleeping...
I’m lying naked, drunk and dreaming-
Would it all work at all?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sєcσηɗ ƳєαяRανєηcƖαωRєѕєяνє Sєєкєя

Dris all but sprinted to the quidditch pitch when he looked at the time. He'd been so busy painting along to the silly song stuck in his head. Now he'd have to explain the multitude of colors staining his hands and arms, though luckily he didn't have any paint in his hair... this time. And since he'd changed into his quidditch clothes, he figured he looked decently neat, at the very least. He grabbed his new broom, the Nimbus 2010, that he'd earned after working his tail off at his dad's shop all summer. For now, he was focused on running, his watch ticking away the seconds until the start of tryouts proper. By the time he made it to the pitch, Rhys and Diantha were both there getting ready, so he hurried over to do all his sign-up papers again. After he'd done that and given it in to the Captain, he plopped down and started stretching out.

Username: Miss GryffindorK
Character's Name: Driskol Abrams
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: In Progress
Advanced Flying II: Not Yet
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 01
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, +MTA Boost
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Chaser

AC: 14
Modifiers: +4 {Spotting} +4 {Catching}
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Quidditch MTA
ƬσтαƖ RσƖƖ:xx {xxxxxx}
x/3
Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:39 am
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru made his way onto the field determined to keep the keeper position he had, pun not intended. He was unsure if someone else would be eyeing the spot but he had his heart set on it. He filled out the form, before getting ready and noting who was here. His mind was totally in the quidditch zone.

Username: Kungfudemoness
Character's Name: Hikaru Nakano
Year: 2
Advanced Flying I: enrolled
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: Keeper
Second Choice Position: Chaser

Position:
AC: 13 (10+2(Natural Flyer)+1 experience)
Modifiers: +3 Catch (Seeker/keeper)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Dang Healthy
Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:  

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:23 am
User Image
User Image

User Image

Just one more year, he thought. One more year and he can play seeker. He could hardly wait. (For that, and the bottle of Madam Primpernelles Vanisihing Zit Cream that his mother had initially chased him around the house trying to apply that gunk to his nose. But now, bloody hell, did he regret not taking it.) Still, it had gotten considerably smaller since he attacked Mt. Pimple the past few nights. It erupted, but grew back the very next morning. And the morning after that. And the morning after that. Until it was nothing but a ugly red scab. Lovely. Instead of focusing on that, or how he was a head and shoulder taller than most of those already gathered, he swiped up a form and hurried to fill it out.

╔═══════════════════════╗
WHEN:: Fall 2036
WHERE:: Quidditch Pitch
WITH WHO:: Ravenclaws'

╚═══════════════════════╝

Username: Essy ze Ninja
Character's Name: Gavin Selwyn
Year: Fourth
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger, Quid MTA
First Choice Position: Seeker Reserve?
Second Choice Position: Any

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:57 pm
User Image
User Image
Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя RανєηcƖαω Ɓєαтєя

Marcello hurried onto the field, bat in tow. Yes, he bought his own bat. Well, his dad bought it for him, but regardless, it was his. Over the summer, he even etched his name into the handle with his pocket knife. It was the coolest thing, like ever. As he approached the other players, Marcel gave them all a friendly smile. He quickly filled out his form and turned it in before jogging over to his friend to begin his stretches. "Hey Hikaru, how's it goin'?" he asked as he pulled and tugged at his arms and legs. The boy didn't want to pull a muscle or anything during tryouts. That might put him on the bench for the start of the season, if it was serious enough.

Username: The Shiny Furret
                                                      Character's Name: Marcello Fioravanti
                                                      Year: Second
                                                      Advanced Flying I: enrolled
                                                      Advanced Flying II: no
                                                      Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                                      Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
                                                      First Choice Position: Beater
                                                      Second Choice Position: Reserve Beater?

Ravenclaw Beater
                                                      Nat. Flyer | Mean Swing | Deft Dodger
                                                      AC: 15 | Mods: +3
                                                      Aiming at: - - -
                                                      Saving: - - -
                                                      Final Roll: - - -
                                                      | |

I'm a shooting star leaping through the skies like a tiger defying the laws of gravity.
                                                      I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva. I'm gonna go go go! There's no stopping me!
                                                      I'm burning through the sky, yeah! Two hundred degrees! That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit.
                                                      I'm traveling at the speed of light. I wanna make a supersonic man out of you! Don't stop me now!

x x

OOC: . . .

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:34 pm
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform

"Hey Marcel!" Hikaru said leaning bak up trom where he had been bent over. He'd reconise his teammates voiced anytime. "Going for beater again? Oh is that a new bat?" He said noticing the new bat in Marcels hands. "Im hopeing if i'm still starting keeper I can get my own fitted Keeper pads. These are a bit loose." He said. The main reason he didn'thave some right now is cause hos parent needed to get stuff for his new sister. He be lying if he said he wasn't a tad jealous. Besides it not like his sister could help it, she was a baby.

Position:

Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And be transformed

Ooc:

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:20 am
H A Y D E N "A H N N A" A T T E R B E R R Y

Fifth Year RavenclawPrefectVice Captain

User Image

We're about to be so much closer than
                                                                  you thought that we could ever be.
                                                                  Well, I'm sorry to say that I gave it away.
                                                                  We'll I'm empty.
                                                                  You're empty.

Ahnna walked onto the pitch a little later than usual but she wasn't too worried. Tryouts had obviously not started quite yet and Rhys didn't seem to bothered with her late appearance. She yawned and dropped her broom on the ground next to the captain before glancing at him. "You want me to start tryouts? Or do you have this?" She asked, stretching her arms above her head. As she stretched she morphed her hair to a shorter pixie cut and let it go to the color it always went when she was feeling determined. A pure white just like Rhys'. It was funny, you'd think she would associate white hair and bright blue eyes with something else because of Rhys but she really did consider him one of the bravest people she knew. To face an entire quidditch team when you hate public speaking, and to run that quidditch team like he did... that was brave... that was determination.

Username: Devlyn Maycry
                                                                  Character's Name: Ahnna Atterberry
                                                                  Year: Fifth
                                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4
                                                                  Any Special Skill:Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                                  Second Choice Position: Beater

Position: Beater
                                                                  Modifiers: +7 to swings
                                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                                  Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                                  Above AC to hit
                                                                  Below a natural 3 hit self
                                                                  Above 15 to save.
                                                                  0-0

She's like a rock
                                                                  and you keep chipping off a piece
                                                                  to hold on to.
                                                                  And there's gotta be,
                                                                  gotta be something more than this.
                                                                  In a life full of exits and entrances.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:51 am
User Image
                                                I tried to be someone else
                                                But nothing seemed to change
                                                I know now, this is who I really am inside.

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Fᴏᴜʀᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Cʜᴀsᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Glynn made his way down to the pitch, surprisingly in a good mood. Quidditch had been the one thing he hadn't been able to take from him, even though he tried hard to take away everything else. Instead, Glynn breathed a sigh of relief as he got there to fill out the form. At least he didn't have to pretend to be someone else while he was flying. He gave Gavin a wave and stood next to his friend as he tried to consider whether he wanted to get a broom at some point. He'd been using school brooms, but he wasn't sure if he'd even be allowed to ask for something like a broom.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                Character's Name: Glynn Llwellyn
                                                Year: Fourth
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
                                                Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                Second Choice Position: I still actually like chaser.

AC: 17
                                                Modifiers: +7 to Stealing, +7 to Scoring
                                                Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                Lives: ♥ ♥ ♥
                                                -/3

════════════════════════

Thinking: At least this hasn't changed...
                                                OOC:

Finally found myself
                                                Fighting for a chance.
                                                I know now, this is who I really am.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:26 am
User Image
                                                  They don't care what you say
                                                  They don't care what you think
                                                  All they care, what you do,
                                                  Long as your off beat,
                                                  Take a look at yourself

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Wallis took a look at the team as he walked down to the pitch and realized one thing. He was definitely the youngest person there. However, Wallis wasn't going to be bothered by it. If nothing else, he figured that he could always learn from the older students. He took a form from the captain and filled it out before he started stretching, thinking he needed to be looser for ttryouts.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                  Character's Name: Wallis McGregor
                                                  Year: First
                                                  Advanced Flying I: No
                                                  Advanced Flying II: No
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                  Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
                                                  Second Choice Position: Wherever you want me.

AC: 14
                                                  Modifiers: +0 to everything
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
                                                  Lives: heart heart heart heart

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder 'ow this is gonna go?
                                                  OOC:

I'm dreamin' out loud,
                                                  And all at once it's so familiar to see,
                                                  I'm dreamin out loud,
                                                  Can't find a puzzle to fit into piece
                                                  I'm dreamin out loud,
                                                  Can't find a puzzle to fit into piece of apart of me

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 pm
User Image
                                                  The best thing about tonight's that we're not fighting
                                                  Could it be that we have been this way before
                                                  I know you don't think that I am trying
                                                  I know you're wearing thin down to the core

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys shook his head at Ahnna's question about her starting tryouts, having psyched himself up to actually talk. Which, the confidence he tried to get nearly fled when he looked over everyone, but he regrouped it and ended up cocking an eyebrow at her as her hair went white. Okay, well then. That was different. Shrugging it off, he stood to address the team and swallowed nervously before he started to speak. "So, um, welcome to tryouts. I, um, well, we're just going to do a scrimmage game today, probably two, and then we can determine who's going to make it on the team and who won't. So, um, we're not going to do seeking for the first round, but we will for the second round. Blue team's going to be Di and Dris for chasers, and Bronze team's going to have Gavin and Glynn. Marcello, you're Blue's beater while Wallis is the Bronze's. I'm Blue's keeper this go around, and Hikaru will be Bronze's. Ahnna, just keep an eye out and make sure that the potions are given out when someone gets knocked around too much. Anyway, let's get up in the air." Rhys was relieved that he didn't stammer over that entire thing, but attributed that to not really speaking long. He went over to release the balls before getting himself into position afterward to play keeper.

Quote:
                                                  Blue Team
                                                  Chasers - Di, Dris
                                                  Beater - Marcello
                                                  Keeper - Rhys

Bronze Team
                                                  Chasers - Gavin, Glynn
                                                  Beater - Wallis
                                                  Keeper - Hikaru

AC: 18
                                                  Modifiers: +8 for spotting, +8 for catching
                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [x] [x] [x]
                                                  -/3 Catch Up
                                                  -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, here goes nothing.
                                                  Taken By: Gideon Reid
                                                  OOC:

This is not what I intended
                                                  I always swore to you I'd never fall apart
                                                  You always thought that I was stronger
                                                  I may have failed
                                                  But I have loved you from the start

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy ze Ninja

kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform

Hikaru looked to see who was and wasnt on his scrimmage team. Once they were ready ready, he zoomed over to the goal hoops and prepared to keep the quaffle away from his hoops.

Position: Bronze Keeper

Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And be transformed

Ooc:

username

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 9, 7, 10, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9 Total: 83 (10-100)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:59 pm

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di went up for the quaffle immediately, confident she was going to beat out Gavin and/or Glynn for it. She wasn't worried about not making the team, but she still wanted to play her best, especially seeing how she'd barely had any time to practice all summer. Essentially being promoted to parent for a good month would do that to you.

OOC:
Position: Blue Team Chaser
Post to Goal: n/a

Username

Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 2, 8, 6, 8, 5, 3, 4, 10, 7 Total: 62 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:33 am
User Image
User Image

User Image

Gavin was eager to get back on the field, he spent nearly all summer practicing formations and honing his agility. Much to the expense of bugs in his teeth so he had to wear a bandanna around his face and neck for most the month. (The gnats and flies really swarm around the family estate during the summer when it's raining every other day.) Rhys was quick to divide up the Ravenclaws and he found himself on a team with Glynn. ”Good luck!” he said, before bursting into the air to take his position. When the quaffle was in the air, Diantha was on it like a hawk. Gavin hurried to try and sweep it into his grip first.

╔═══════════════════════╗
Bronze Chaser
AC: 17

HP: ═ ═ ═ 100%
+5 stealing/shooting
┉┉┉┉
0 of 3
┉┉┉┉
00 - 00

╚═══════════════════════╝

Quote:
Blue Team
Chasers - Di, Dris
Beater - Marcello
Keeper - Rhys

Bronze Team
Chasers - Gavin, Glynn
Beater - Wallis
Keeper – Hikaru

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:44 am

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

Di came away with the quaffle, and wheeled in the air before heading for the Bronze goals.

OOC:
Position: Blue Team Chaser
Post to Goal: 1/3

Username

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games