Welcome to Gaia! ::

Street Art Guild

Back to Guilds

Whether you do graffiti, paste ups, stickers, stencils or even just art inspired by them, this is the place to hang out 

Tags: graffiti, sticker, stencil, paste, design 

Reply Street Art Guild
Markers/Cans-what kind do u use

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WARP FMC

1,950 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:47 am
So this topic is to discuss what kinds of markers or cans you use.

I mostly use flame cans or car paint.and for markers,well currently i have a montana gold,lost a montana silver and i have a yellow rabeko  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:30 am
ANYTHING & EVERYTHING! cool  

SOEP ONE
Crew

The Committee Staff Member

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

SADERR
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:22 pm
What SOEP said. But my preferences?

For paint, if I can get it, Montana 94 or Montana Gold. Although I usually use Painter's Touch, because it's cheap and available, and it works just as well in my opinion.
I've tried Ironlak and I like it as much as Montana, but I can never get it. I've also had Alien, but I don't think I fully understand how it should be used, as the last can I had was just so terribly watery.
I can manage with Krylon and Tremclad too.

For markers, pretty much anything. I usually rock a posterman marker, a juicy shoepolish mop, and a chrome paint marker from the dollar store with a split nib. Although from what I've tried, Flowpens are ******** amazing, same with Molotow burners.
I really want to get my hands on a Junobo mop, they look SO dope.

Improvise with what you can get. I settle for paint I pick up at the dump, paint that has no replacement caps, anything.For piecing you can be a bit choosy, but for bombing, never be picky.

AND NOW FOR THINGS TO STAY AWAY FROM AT ALL COSTS:

Armour Coat paint. Me and my boy got some, and the paint faded into the wall. It also dripped, but THE DRIPS DIDN'T FADE. So you were left with s**t coverage, no painted surface and just a bunch of drips.

Most shoe polish is pretty s**t for tags. Actually, all shoe polish is, pretty much. But because it's so ghetto and cheap, there's a few kinds that actually show up okay. Try them out, experiment.

Sharpie Magnums are used a LOT by people new to the scene because they're accessible everywhere, at your local office supplies shop. They fade in exposure to sunlight, they're streaky, and overall just terrible markers.
Go to your local walmart or art supply shop and find a posterman or sharpie paint marker. Not TONS better, but surely a step up.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:45 am
TFUTRTS...  

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

SADERR
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:54 am
SOEP ONE
TFUTRTS...

Or you could talk in english? xD  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:38 am
Jonathonn
SOEP ONE
TFUTRTS...

Or you could talk in english? xD

Honestly, I don't remember what the ******** I was trying to say... hahaha lol  

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
Street Art Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers