Submit

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 am
Let us keep Chrissy Lee Polis in our prayers. Pray that she finds justice and that if we end up in a situation like this, we will have the courage and strength to stand up and try to prevent a tragedy like this from happening.

Chrissy Lee Polis  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:00 pm
The link is broken, but this is about the transgendered girl beaten in a McDonald's, yes? I heard about that, and it's totally awful. I signed a petition on change.org urging McDonald's to take action since the employees did nothing to intervene, and actually just taped the incident. I refuse to watch the video, but I've read a description and it sounds pretty graphic and awful.

Transgendered people face a lot more discrimination than gay people, and there's so much misinformation about transgendered people out there. I hope we can start better educating people about it and explain that gender is fluid. I know many of these people are diagnosed with gender identity disorder, which at least makes it seem more real, but I also take issue with the idea being labeled a "disorder" because that implies that it can be cured and that it is inherently bad.

freelance lover
Crew

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:44 pm
freelance lover
The link is broken, but this is about the transgendered girl beaten in a McDonald's, yes? I heard about that, and it's totally awful. I signed a petition on change.org urging McDonald's to take action since the employees did nothing to intervene, and actually just taped the incident. I refuse to watch the video, but I've read a description and it sounds pretty graphic and awful.

Transgendered people face a lot more discrimination than gay people, and there's so much misinformation about transgendered people out there. I hope we can start better educating people about it and explain that gender is fluid. I know many of these people are diagnosed with gender identity disorder, which at least makes it seem more real, but I also take issue with the idea being labeled a "disorder" because that implies that it can be cured and that it is inherently bad.
Fixed.

I agree it is not a disorder. If one is lacking a p***s does that make them less of a man? If a woman is unable to conceive or is missing her uterus does that make her less of a woman? I think not. If one is missing a leg does that mean that Gawd willed them to never have a leg again? I certainly hope not.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:33 pm
rmcdra
freelance lover

Fixed.

I agree it is not a disorder. If one is lacking a p***s does that make them less of a man? If a woman is unable to conceive or is missing her uterus does that make her less of a woman? I think not. If one is missing a leg does that mean that Gawd willed them to never have a leg again? I certainly hope not.

People just don't understand that sexuality and gender identity are fluid, not black and white neutral  

freelance lover
Crew

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff