Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Curves -- the women's fitness place?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

out of the woods

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:50 pm
Does anyone use or recommend this place? What does it typically cost, if you know? The website says nothing, the tricky scoundrels. Also, I read they only do 30-minute sessions. Would it be more effective for weight loss to simply exercise by use of a regular gym? Just curious about this place and if it works or would waste more time.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:26 pm
I don't know about costs and membership, but the Curves workout is actually based on circuit training which, if you really commit to working hard for the entire time, makes for a HIGHLY effective workout in a short amount of time.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:45 pm
My first time I walked into one, I was underwhelmed with the size of the place. They're typically really small with a few machines placed in a circle.

They do 30 seconds on each machine, a bell rings, and every switches to the next one. There is also some kind of step/board you use inbetween machines or whatever. There are some girls who just sit on their machines and chat, regardless of who they're annoying.

If you need to be surrounded by people to keep you motivated, then go. If you can do it by yourself, buy a fitness DVD.

As for the price... I remember that if you go into one and ask them about being a member but also being skeptical, they'll give you a week for free to try it out. I never went twice, so I don't know the exact monthly price.

EDIT: I've read some pretty bad reviews online for the company. They are apparently known to push products and have underqualified staff (I noticed that in my local one, too). The price is also crazy; it's about $50-$75 down payment and about $30-$40 for each month after that. Those 30 minutes may seem like a selling point, but that's all you seem to be getting everyday for those $30-$40 per month. My experience with them was negative, but it was mostly due to the staff and annoying chatters tying up the machines.

My opinion? I would suggest buying a few $10-$15 exercise DVDs instead, or going to your school's fitness center. High school with sports teams and colleges/universities are pretty much guaranteed to have one, and it's free to use for students.

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games