Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
Game Informer! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:54 pm
Did anyone get/read the newest game informer? They said that .hack//GU was the stupidest game title, EVER!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:02 pm
It'll probably get to my house a few days from now...  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 pm
well, to be honest with myself, the titles are a bit rediculous (like my spelling of that word lol) for stuff in the .hack series in general, what with all the '.' and the '/' and the ':' goin on in it.

Though I think there are a few other games that should've been on there. For instance: Xenosaga episode II: Jenseits von Gut un Bose, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Barbie Horse Adventures, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzonoha vs Kind Abaddon are a few off the top of my head. they're just plain silly sometimes to say! >.<;; though at least some of them are good games...I stress the SOME though rofl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 pm
Game Informer isn't the only one to say that about .hack. I remember when the seond G game came out, Xplay reviewed it and says that ,hack// should be sent to the video game graveyard. That was sad...  

BreathLessX
Crew

Balmvng

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:10 am
I wait for when the Final Fantasy series gets to Final Fantasy XXV, and Game Informer doesn't step into dangerous territory by saying "it's a terrible name / why are you still making numbered sequels?"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:51 pm
well the originals got a high rating and for some reason they havent rated the third GU game yet...even though the second was the same as the third... but whatever most of those people probably have nothing to do anyways and decided to say how bad some games were. (if you've noticed the commentor for both the first and second GU are the same so it was a little biased don't you think?)  

HaseoXform

Lonely Player

11,325 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 pm
GameInformer is like Wikipedia. It's usually done well in its reviews, but for those times when it isn't, it's unreliable.
G.I. repeated give the CoD series good scores, when none of its games deserve them.
And this claim that GU is the dumbest title ever is another example of how rediculous they've become. DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi (or Burst Limit) isn't a dumber name? I think they've got some issues, personally.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:11 pm
well its their own opinion and we have our own...we should start a game magazine company and run against them although we would probably fail epically XD or rather just me  

HaseoXform

Lonely Player

11,325 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:49 pm
Oddly enough I already have a magazine. It's somethin I did as my senior project, and plan on doing regularly after I graduate HS. If anyone wants to contribute, that's fine with me.
I know the publisher company, and my brother-in-law bowls with the owner, so I get things printed for low price (like $3 per magazine). And selling it for $5 a copy would make enough profit. I should be able to get it off the ground fairly easily once I get a job this summer.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:50 pm
nice  

HaseoXform

Lonely Player

11,325 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:52 pm
Lord Tai
Oddly enough I already have a magazine. It's somethin I did as my senior project, and plan on doing regularly after I graduate HS. If anyone wants to contribute, that's fine with me.
I know the publisher company, and my brother-in-law bowls with the owner, so I get things printed for low price (like $3 per magazine). And selling it for $5 a copy would make enough profit. I should be able to get it off the ground fairly easily once I get a job this summer.

Well, I don't have a job, so money wise, I can't contribute. But I will help in any way that I can, for .hack and other games that game informer has either given too much or too little praise!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 pm
I don't mean money-wise. Considering how little the company is charging me, I can easily hold down the price with a minimum-wage job. I just need people to give me articles if I need them, ideas for which games to rate, take polls/answer surveys, etc. It's content I'm worried about, not money.
Also, being that my magazine isn't going to be well known enough companies will take notice, I won't be pressured to put ads in it, so it can be all articles, rather than using articles to break up the ads.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

HaseoXform

Lonely Player

11,325 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:43 am
i can help with opinions on some games since i have a friend who buys crap loads of games so PM me whenever you want an opinion Tai  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 pm
I like surveys.

My Game Informer showed up over a week late.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:34 am
If you need articles, you can count on me!  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff