Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
Any digital art sites or something like that?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:42 am
My stone heart was breaking...

So like, after a while of drawing on paper, I thought:
"Eh... I like digital art better..."
So, I tried drawing on MS Paint and thought:
"God this would look so much better if I had more colors, and specific options like that"

So, I've seen these tutorial videos on youtube and they have these download things or something that they're drawing from... and it's not paint... and they seem to have the certain thing I'm looking for to possibly make my art better...

If you're still confused about what I'm looking for, look at this video:
http://youtu.be/TPYRSskvM_8

So, anyone know either what the download/site that is? or something similar?

...My love ran away.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:52 am
The tutorial shows Sai. its a complex paintshop for drawing. You can buy it online but it can be expensive. It works well with Tablets :3  

Lady Witchrose

onipanda379

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:10 am
You can download GIMP. Its a full program similar to Photoshop. However, you have to add your own brushes and textures and such. But you can easily find those online. Its on www.gimp.org

I can't live without it when I do digital art. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 pm
Oni-Panda379
You can download GIMP. Its a full program similar to Photoshop. However, you have to add your own brushes and textures and such. But you can easily find those online. Its on www.gimp.org

I tried downloading it, but I'm so confused on what to do... ._.
What link am I supposed to click to download it? o_o And then what do I do next? sweatdrop (I've never had any of these downloads before.... sorry... ninja )

...My love ran away.

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

onipanda379

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:24 am
--Untoten Kase--
Oni-Panda379

I tried downloading it, but I'm so confused on what to do... ._.
What link am I supposed to click to download it? o_o And then what do I do next? sweatdrop (I've never had any of these downloads before.... sorry... ninja )

...My love ran away.
I had that confusion as well. But no sweat, I'll help you. 3nodding

Okay, if you have windows, that'll be one big easy step.
On the banner there is a button that says download, click on that and that will lead you to a page full of downloads. The first download is the one you want. (Download GIMP 2.6.11) Click on that and it will lead you to a download site. Yes, its supposed to do this.

At this point, if you are using internet explorer, you'll most likely get a little bar that will ask permission. Other browsers don't do this.

Once you've allowed it to download just wait a few seconds and a window should pop-up. Save the file then it will download the start up. Usually a second window will prompt you to download it, but if it doesn't, the set up should be on your desktop.

If this is still confusing you, I'll get screen shots of what to do when I get off from school.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:47 am
(( ー 3 ー )) ♫ ♫ ♪

Eh? Paint Tool Sai is free. You can download the English version just by searching around on the Web. o.o

EDIT: Oops, inactive topic. x.x

iArtemis

Ruthless Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers