Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
I have an artblock, any cures?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Any suggestions?
  Suck it up!
  Go outside and draw.
  BEG, BEG FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE!
  Sleep on it.
  Listen to music and see what comes to mind.
  LOTS AND LOTS OF PAINT!!
View Results

Konjyo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:04 am
Lately I have been thinking about this art portfolio. It's an application I am planning to send to the Northwest College of Art.

But whenever I draw something up I end up crumbiling it and throwing the paper ball over my shoulder. I sit around and can't think of anything to draw, I eventually procrastinate and end up giving up on it.

A few hours ago, I was sitting outside of my friend's apartment wondering what I should.

( My friend plus another friend went to go meet the interviewer and I had to stay home because my mom didn't want me too. )

The deadline of the portfolio was due today and I am planning on begging this guy for another chance to send it in on the 15th.
I have potential (or so I think), because when I asked my friends to take my portfolio to him he had good things to say about me like "What a FINE artist", "Fantastic!" Or that is what my friends said.
So, if I do get this one in a million chance again, I hope I can actually keep my word...The problem is, I can't think of anything I can draw. Artblock is the devil to me, SATAN WITH EVIL PAINTBRUSHES!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:30 pm
I flip my school papers over and draw the persons hand sitting next to me....draw one thing at first then draw more and more things with/behind/on/by it.
_The Trapezoid
Lately I have been thinking about this art portfolio. It's an application I am planning to send to the Northwest College of Art.

But whenever I draw something up I end up crumbiling it and throwing the paper ball over my shoulder. I sit around and can't think of anything to draw, I eventually procrastinate and end up giving up on it.

A few hours ago, I was sitting outside of my friend's apartment wondering what I should.

( My friend plus another friend went to go meet the interviewer and I had to stay home because my mom didn't want me too. )

The deadline of the portfolio was due today and I am planning on begging this guy for another chance to send it in on the 15th.
I have potential (or so I think), because when I asked my friends to take my portfolio to him he had good things to say about me like "What a FINE artist", "Fantastic!" Or that is what my friends said.
So, if I do get this one in a million chance again, I hope I can actually keep my word...The problem is, I can't think of anything I can draw. Artblock is the devil to me, SATAN WITH EVIL PAINTBRUSHES!

ThetaNine

Aged Noob

Pristine195

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:12 pm
I just start drawing in my artpad. If that doesn't work, I look at things that I enjoy looking and if if they inspire me. I think the key is to find something that excites you.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:00 pm
I think of the events that happened in my life and either draw how I was feeling or the actual event.

Ex: Last week I dropped a whole bunch of glass plates and cups in my kitchen while doing dishes. Then I drew a girl balancing plates in one hand and cups in the other. <---Didn't actually happen Just an example :]  

x-D o o m K i t t a y-x

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ScarletFrost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 pm
Fanart or www.SeventhSanctum.com mrgreen  
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff