Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
My weight loss journey (I've always been heavy!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laroka

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 am
Ok this is day 1 of my weight loss journey. My all time high on my weight was 342. That was 2007. I got down to 268 in 2009, but I gained most of it back. I am currently 310lbs, and I am wanting to get to a healthy weight! I have alway been over weight from the day I was born. I was never taught how to eat healthy, and was always rewarded with food as a child.

I am 5ft 9in tall.
I am a female
I am 25 years old
I do not look my weight, very strong for a girl smile
Still this is not healthy, and change needs to happen. So I am going to start this journey up again. I have learned a lot about health through study. However due to always having a weight problem I think I have an eating disorder to were my body takes longer to realize that its full, so I have to work twice as hard.

Right now I am going to work on cutting callories down a little at a time. I average around 3 thousand to 4 thousand a day a couple times a week. So I will first try to cut down to 2500 calories for a week. So heres my plane for this summer.

Week 1 starting April 6th 2011, 2500 calories a day.
Week 2- 2300 calories a day.
Week 3- 2100 calories a day.
Week 4- 2000 calories a day. (Here is week I start taking away any form of sweet).
Week 5- 1900 calories a day.
Week 6- 1800 calories a day. (Here is when I take out fast food)
Week 7- 1800 a day to week 10.
Week 11- 1750 a day to week 14.
Week 15- 1700 a day to week 18.
Week 19- 1650 a day to week 20.
Week 21-1600 a day to week 22.

I will also be exercising. I will not of under 1600 calories because I am tall and really active. My weaknesses are italian foods, and sweets. So no pizza for me! I will however be treating myself once a week, but I will not go over my calories for that day!

I will be adding things here later. I just wanted to put it down that I am going to start doing something about my weight problem. If you have any pointers, and ideas about things health wise, food wise, or exercise wise please tell me smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:34 pm
If you like sweets, I suggest eating Weight Waters brownies, or some Special K crisps/granola bars or eat some sugar free candy.
Just once a day so that you aren't depriving yourself.

Depriving leads to binging, the key is moderation.

Having one sweet a day wont hurt, just be sure that it is somewhat healthy.
No candy bars or Starbucks. XD

Some good brands are Weight Watchers, Special K, Kashi. (they are all low calorie snacks)
Or you can get stuff that is sugar free or fat free. =)  

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:06 pm
I forgot to add...

You can also use zero calorie sweetener in your drinks.
I use Truvia or Splenda, sometimes I'll use Equal.

Good for teas and coffee. ;o
Nice and sweet, zero calorie, zero fat.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:54 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
I forgot to add...

You can also use zero calorie sweetener in your drinks.
I use Truvia or Splenda, sometimes I'll use Equal.

Good for teas and coffee. ;o
Nice and sweet, zero calorie, zero fat.
Thank you for the pointers! smile  

Laroka

Anxious Poster

Laroka

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:58 pm
I did pretty well today. I burned off some exercising smile . I mowed half an acre of grass with a push mower hehe. I ate 1890. I just could not get myself to eat the full 2,500 calories. Its hard when you think about it. The couple times a week I eat 3k to 4k calories is when I binge....When your thinking about what your eating its seems harder to eat nearly as much haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:44 am
You can do it girl. I know you can!!!!

I applaud you for being able to count calories. That's one thing I've not been able to do, especially since I make all my own meals.

As for sweets and italian. That's hard. I love italian too.

I found a recipe on Sparke People for Spaghetti Squash Lasagna which is yummy (no spaghetti used). If I want pizza, I use a flatout tortilla. It's low carb and very thin. Or I pour a thin layer of egg beaters into the pan and let it cook on low/medium till set. Then top with some sauce (low sugar type), cheese and pepperoni. I tend to broil till the pepperoni is slightly crunchy...delish.

Lately we've had people bring cake to work for occassions. People are shocked by how little of it I eat. I literally only eat a small spoon of cake. It cures my sweets cravings and I never want more than that.

Another thing I found that cures my cravings for sweets is Emerald brand Cinnamon flavored almonds. They are so good with I believe 1 gram of sugar. They taste like they have more.

Anyways, keep it up. I can't wait to read about your progress.  

squeakygirl

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items