Welcome to Gaia! ::

► Pray For Japan ◄

Back to Guilds

A place to express your thoughts on the Japan Earthquake/Tsunami. 

Tags: Japan, Earthquake, Support, Disaster, Tsunami 

Reply ► Pray For Japan ◄
Could the earthquake in Japan trigger worldwide problems?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DaddysKittenBean

5,800 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:39 pm
If I have my facts straight, isn't there a HUGE whirl pool off the coast of Japan?

If so, whirl pools are usually caused by 2 things (I believe), two currents from opposite directions colliding or a hole somehow, like a bathtub. (which could be in the Earth's crust since the earthquake was so massive.)

Now, if there were a hole in the Earth's crust, couldn't that lead into the core and possibly cause a massive volcanic eruption?

I don't know what is really going on, but I just heard my dad and my colonel bringing up those points, so I am just throwing it out there..

Heck, I don't even know if I have my facts completely straight... gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:40 pm
The_flying_monkeys_did_it
If I have my facts straight, isn't there a HUGE whirl pool off the coast of Japan?

If so, whirl pools are usually caused by 2 things (I believe), two currents from opposite directions colliding or a hole somehow, like a bathtub. (which could be in the Earth's crust since the earthquake was so massive.)

Now, if there were a hole in the Earth's crust, couldn't that lead into the core and possibly cause a massive volcanic eruption?

I don't know what is really going on, but I just heard my dad and my colonel bringing up those points, so I am just throwing it out there..

I dont know, but this whole mess is scaring me to be honest.  

Kagami_Hiiragi_9960

1,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100

DaddysKittenBean

5,800 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:43 pm
Kagami_Hiiragi_9960

Yeah I know because this means that the tectonic plates are moving.. Did you know that Africa is starting to split apart because of earthquakes.. I don't know exactly where.. Allow me to utilize some Google. (:  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:47 pm
Kagami_Hiiragi_9960

Yeah I know because this means that the tectonic plates are moving.. Did you know that Africa is starting to split apart because of earthquakes.. I don't know exactly where.. Allow me to utilize some Google. (:

Go Ahead.
But it scares me because I know this is the end of the world! D:
Dont get me wrong, I think 2012 was a stupid movie that scared many people and can be proven wrong. But with everything happening in Libya, Japan, Africa and USA, it scares me  

Kagami_Hiiragi_9960

1,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100

DaddysKittenBean

5,800 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:53 pm
Kagami_Hiiragi_9960
Kagami_Hiiragi_9960

Go Ahead.
But it scares me because I know this is the end of the world! D:
Dont get me wrong, I think 2012 was a stupid movie that scared many people and can be proven wrong. But with everything happening in Libya, Japan, Africa and USA, it scares me

I know right? I don't think it's going to end in 2012 necessarily because it could end at any time. Heck, it could end tonight! D: Never know!!

http://theendtimesarehere.com/2010/12/19/crazy-weather-ethiopia-earthquake-africa-splitting-apart/

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/research/malawi-earthquakes

^^ African earthquake thing

http://www.wickedmike.com/amazing-photos-of-japanese-tsunami-2011/japanese-tsunami-2011_whirlpool_oarai/

http://shortformblog.tumblr.com/post/3781462604/japan-earthquake-whirlpool

I got pictures of the whirl pool too^^

Pretty crazy if you ask me. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:23 pm
That is Crazy! sad  

Kagami_Hiiragi_9960

1,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100

DaddysKittenBean

5,800 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:06 pm
Kagami_Hiiragi_9960
That is Crazy! sad

Dude isn't it?? It's kinda scary. D: But I really hope that it doesn't end the world. I mean I understand things are going to change, but you know, it'd be kinda cool to live through it.. haha  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:28 pm
Kagami_Hiiragi_9960
That is Crazy! sad

Dude isn't it?? It's kinda scary. D: But I really hope that it doesn't end the world. I mean I understand things are going to change, but you know, it'd be kinda cool to live through it.. haha

It would be. But i don't really believe in God. Because I don't see how the Bible is real. Hope that doesn't offend you or anything.  

Kagami_Hiiragi_9960

1,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100

DaddysKittenBean

5,800 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:32 pm
Kagami_Hiiragi_9960
Kagami_Hiiragi_9960
That is Crazy! sad

It would be. But i don't really believe in God. Because I don't see how the Bible is real. Hope that doesn't offend you or anything.

No it doesn't... My boyfriend's the same way lol everyone is entitled to their own opinion! ^^ But, really, either way, it's kinda scary whether you believe in God or not! D:  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:40 pm
Yeah, it really is.  

Kagami_Hiiragi_9960

1,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Informer 100

Shimakuwa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:44 pm

The whirlpool stopped making news after it disappeared or something. So I do not think the Whirlpool is there anymore. It was there but now it is not. I am not quite sure what caused it / why it happened but I do not think there is going to be a massive volcanic eruption. If anything, that will be Yellowstone and/or any other super volcano, now that will cause incredible amounts of trouble and probably kill off a lot of people. Maybe almost push us back into extinction like it did before..

But otherwise, what happened in Japan will have devastating effects except it will be more in economic, and supply/demand (?) terms. I think. Apart from the debris from the Tsunami that will float to other land masses in the next few years.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:31 pm
Wow. Little nervous and shock about it. I pray and hope that Japan make it through safely and plus my friend Yagisoka lives in Japan. I am hoping they have enough food and supplies and etc. United States would love to help.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
► Pray For Japan ◄

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items