Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
P90X

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enochian Whisperer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:00 pm
Surprisingly, I'm hearing the name more and more everywhere I go.
I first was introduced to it when my Track & Field team started prepping for spring sports last year.

P90X is an extreme fitness program [instructed by Tony Horton] designed on a 90 day course. It focuses on multiple areas of the body and works on an alternative schedule, so that you do not tire out of the same excercise routine day after day.

Getting together with friends to work out using this program is an excellent idea. I recommend it.

It's a set of DVDs which roughly cost [if you buy the whole pack] about $200 [?] You can also buy them individually.

Just putting this out there for those of who who're willing to take up the program, or who have no other alternatives, etc. It really works. I'm talking from experience. It's intense, but the reward is totally worth it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:17 pm
I'd do it but i'm not willing to shell out that kind of money for some weights and DVD's.

I just follow the cheapo workout DVD's from Walmart. =p  

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:07 pm
It sounds awesome, I miss working out with weights and I wish I had more money. How much would 1 DVD cost? How many dvd's are there? Would one have to buy some kind machine to work out on, or just a treadmill would work?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:30 pm
I totally agree with Bourisu Erei. My brother bought the dvds and my mother and I hijacked them after a month. The first routine had us bawling for hours, in a good way! It's rough but man does it do what you want. I think it also has like different programs for different parts. Some are to focus on muscle building, others are focused on weight loss. It's really neat and you can definitely feel it working. I think it comes with 13 different dvds. You can get it for under a hundred bucks on ebay and I'm sure they probably sell individual dvds on there as well.

I really liked working on that and then on lazy days I'd put in a dancing weight loss video and dance about for an hour or so in the privacy of my basement. xD Those are sooo fun to do, but not as effective as the P90X.  

Snow_Leopard

squeakygirl

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:37 am
Borisu Erei
Surprisingly, I'm hearing the name more and more everywhere I go.
I first was introduced to it when my Track & Field team started prepping for spring sports last year.

P90X is an extreme fitness program [instructed by Tony Horton] designed on a 90 day course. It focuses on multiple areas of the body and works on an alternative schedule, so that you do not tire out of the same excercise routine day after day.

Getting together with friends to work out using this program is an excellent idea. I recommend it.

It's a set of DVDs which roughly cost [if you buy the whole pack] about $200 [?] You can also buy them individually.

Just putting this out there for those of who who're willing to take up the program, or who have no other alternatives, etc. It really works. I'm talking from experience. It's intense, but the reward is totally worth it.

I have been wanting to try P90X, just don't feel like dishing out the cash for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:32 am
I'd love to do it, but like others, I'm cheap. There's a yoga studio in my town that offers one year unlimited yoga for only a little more than the full P90X program (800 dollars for the yoga, 600 for P90X (I checked their website but didn't go too deep, I'm sure they offer cheaper things than their full package).  

Tandahda
Crew

Bipolar Reality

5,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:36 am
I wanna get p90x only cuz their is almost no need for some dumb machine and no dumb nutrition plan with food you can't get anywhere xD.

Plus I need the motivation from his intense yelling xDDD  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games