Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:42 pm
[~+~]

So.
My Dad goes to me today "I suppose i shouldn't really add you on facebook." To which i remained silent.
Of course i don't want him bloody adding me. He's even been a subject of several ranting statuses. (sp?)

Now. My question to you ladies.
Obviously if you have facebook: Are your parents members? If so, have you got them as a friend?
If not, and your parents did join, would you ever add them?

Personally i just find it weird. xD;
I would add my Mum, as i would never publicise anything about her. But my Dad...Well, yes.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:53 pm
I have my mom on facebook. My dad doesn't have one. When I feel the need to rant about my mom, I just turn it to where she can't see it. xD  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:57 pm
My dad is on Facebook, but we mutually agreed to not be friends.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:07 pm
I wouldn't do it.
It would be too awkward..
Thankfully I don't have a FB. =)  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:10 pm
I have two facebook accounts. One for the people I know irl (irl friends, my mom, etc) and all those freaking people from farmville (my mom bugs me to play it so I do... occasionally). The other is for my online friends and to post things that I don't want the other people to know. Rants go on the second one XD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:12 pm
Yeah, I have my Mom and Dad on Facebook, but I'm careful to never post anything about them there.
It is kind of awkward sometimes, but if I just delete them now it'd be suspicious. I suppose I might make an account that's very non-personal maybe.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

caneriva

Sparkly Conversationalist

7,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:25 pm
Yeah, I have both of my parents on Facebook. My Dad is good about it and he never comments on my stuff and whatnot plus, he live quite far away so Its a good way to stay connected. My Mum however, is a different story. She constantly comments on my stuff which drives me nuts. I fixed it so she couldn't comment once but then switched it back when she asked me to. Now, I just delete her comments if they're embarrassing hahaha.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:39 pm
My mom does not know I have a FB & if she knew she'd kill me & make me delete it >>;;

(I'm old enough to have one she's just overprotective)

catsoon

Friend

RainbowAlpacaz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:47 pm
Dude... most of my family has a facebook xDDDD And we all added each other, even my parents.

They don't chastise my friends' speaking the way they do, nor do they get mad at my ranting statuses... They mostly send me game requests xDDD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:41 pm
Yeah, my parents are added on it. That was the only way I could get one, I don't use it alot anyway. I'm also am afraid to post things due to receiving criticism from my mom. She also knows my pw and goes in to my acc to accept gifts and stuff ( farmville junky ). She asks me about the people I add, how I know them, I'm not really offended by it.

Wumps

Tipsy Tipper

-Weird Wacky Watermelon-

O.G. Cat

10,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 pm
I would never add my dad on FB. Me and my mom are friends on FB cuz I know she won't flip when I post something vulgar (as in words). lol.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 pm
If I had a choice, I would NEVER add either of my parents on FB... but seeing as its not, my mom only let me have one if she could make one and add me, specifically so that she could watch my posts/pictues/name... yeah, name. Not allowed to put it. So, I dont ever post any statuses just to piss her off. I post on peoples walls, send messages, IM, etc. (:

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

Agent Mallard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:18 am
Pappy doesn't have a facebook, he can barely understand his email but my mom has one and I am indeed friends with her. She comments on most of pictures and statuses but I don't really mind . It's usually some really corny joke or something and since I make those all the time it doesn't bother me. My mom and I are pretty close and I tell her whatever, so if she's it on facebook its not a big deal. Then again, I live 8 hours away from my mom so even if she was mad at something I said or did that I put on Facebook, there's not a lot she can do. xD Also, like, all my girl friends love my mom and are really close to her too and all my guy friends think she's hot, so its not embarrassing for them to see it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:37 am
My mom's on FB under my dad's name. She thinks he's cheating. Whatever, don't wanna get into it. But, yeah, I added her.  

Cold Oktober

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:03 am
I have a Facebook account but I'm rarely ever on it. Personally, I don't really see what's so great about it other than an easy way of sharing pictures with friends and family. So whether or not I friend my mom (dad doesn't have one), it doesn't really matter. neutral

As for ranting about my mom, there are waaaaay to many gossips in my family and it would eventually get back to her whether or not shes my friend. The only way to "safely" rant about her would be to do so anonymously in which case I could just do that here on Gaia with you awesome people.

Facebook = everything bad about people on the internet w/o the safety-net of anonymity. Did you know some employers check for applicants on Facebook and will deny them jobs if they rant about the bad day they had or how much fun they had partying at a club?  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff