Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
Apparently this anime is my ticket to hell... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prannke

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 am
that is in the words of my "reborn christian" uncle and his wife. Last month when he was visiting my family I was wearing my death note shirt and was just about to leave the house when my aunt noticed and said that series is on the list of banned shows on their church. May a say that they belong to the Michigan brach of the Westboro nut jobs? My family has enough problems though...

In other words, Death Note is an anime of its own class that challenges many moral questions. As an atheist myself I see no problem but I can see some religions having a problem with the underlying message of the show, the no man can be as powerful as a "god" as Light claimed to be. Light's sheer arrogance, self confidence, and intelligence helped him get as far as he did. Basically he was a self made man and if he was a real person I could see myself hanging around him because he is so much like myself.

What I want to discuss is the part of Light that makes him so relatable to people. We all want a perfect place but which part of our morals are we willing to give up along the way? Before getting the death Note, Light seemed to be this slightly know it all and decent guy, we saw this when his memories were erased temporarily. Was it the power that changed it and if so, what do you think the power of such an object would do to you?

I can honestly say that if I had a death note I might have turned out like he did, my want for a perfect place without pain and people hurting each other and a perfect word free of child molesters, rapists, killers, and such is a nice idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 pm
the sweet far thing
that is in the words of my "reborn christian" uncle and his wife. Last month when he was visiting my family I was wearing my death note shirt and was just about to leave the house when my aunt noticed and said that series is on the list of banned shows on their church. May a say that they belong to the Michigan brach of the Westboro nut jobs? My family has enough problems though...

In other words, Death Note is an anime of its own class that challenges many moral questions. As an atheist myself I see no problem but I can see some religions having a problem with the underlying message of the show, the no man can be as powerful as a "god" as Light claimed to be. Light's sheer arrogance, self confidence, and intelligence helped him get as far as he did. Basically he was a self made man and if he was a real person I could see myself hanging around him because he is so much like myself.

What I want to discuss is the part of Light that makes him so relatable to people. We all want a perfect place but which part of our morals are we willing to give up along the way? Before getting the death Note, Light seemed to be this slightly know it all and decent guy, we saw this when his memories were erased temporarily. Was it the power that changed it and if so, what do you think the power of such an object would do to you?

I can honestly say that if I had a death note I might have turned out like he did, my want for a perfect place without pain and people hurting each other and a perfect word free of child molesters, rapists, killers, and such is a nice idea.

To tell you the truth. If I had a Death Note I wouldn't end up like Light. I'd ither kill everyone. But THAT will never happen. So I'd proably just keep it and then one day maybe use it. I don't like the thougt of a "new world". I think that this world is just how it is. No thing can change it. Stupid humans...  

Deniera Knight

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:19 pm
the sweet far thing

I believe in God, but I'm not religious or anything because God doesn't like gay/bi people. The series was fine. It's one of my favorite animes. The only thing that offended me was the ending of the manga, but that wasn't even in the anime because I guess the animators thought it would cause problems. I can understand why. The manga made me sob crying But the anime should be fine neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:19 pm
I would do exaclty what he did, but i would go even farther due to the fact that L doesnt really exist and i doubt anyone would suspect someone with a death note. Face it, no one is as smart as L and no one would have the means to catch me. Think about the plot more before you ask this. What exactly led him to keep moviing? L never wanted news shows to stop broadcasting crinimal names for the sake of the innocent. I doubt todays detectives would come up with just a conclution.-.- So if you think about it, the justice would end there right? dont forget that Light dad was detective with a bad computer fire wall. would we be so lucky? Given the variables, i qwould do what he did  

Sonzai Hatsune

The Cake Tyrant

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:20 pm
if Deathnote really is a so called "ticket to hell", then I must be driving the bus to hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:34 pm
the sweet far thing

Well, in the anime Light 'kept talking about how everyone would tell each other that Kira is wrong because any other person is but that inside they are rooting him on. That proves that he knew how to act like a normal person. The power of having a death note and (after L died) the power overwhelmed him. It would happen to anyone.  

Nears toy army

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:27 pm
How closed minded -.-
That is exactly why I stopped going to church. (closed mindedness not just the anime thing)
I don't believe in religion.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:31 pm
1. I don't go to church
2. I don't honor god, I honor Jashin-sama
3. I would love to have a DN because they're so amazing ^^  

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Biblically Accurate Enby

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:34 pm
The concept of God as just one eternal being with everything else below God is a concept I do not agree with. "God" as many know "him" as is a universal creator known by many names, but the basic premise is the same. The world was created by an entity more powerful than any. I figure that the Creator is neither male or female, but I am not religious. As for hate... "God" is supposed to be a loving one... not a hating one. Humans tend to 'humanize' everything and act as if the Creator has lungs and a pair of legs. Humans alone came up with these radical rules for "God" and made more humans fall for it. Truly I say unto thee my fellow Gaians... Religion is a hoax.

How does the above relate to Death Note? Not at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:50 am
MattGasms
The concept of God as just one eternal being with everything else below God is a concept I do not agree with. "God" as many know "him" as is a universal creator known by many names, but the basic premise is the same. The world was created by an entity more powerful than any. I figure that the Creator is neither male or female, but I am not religious. As for hate... "God" is supposed to be a loving one... not a hating one. Humans tend to 'humanize' everything and act as if the Creator has lungs and a pair of legs. Humans alone came up with these radical rules for "God" and made more humans fall for it. Truly I say unto thee my fellow Gaians... Religion is a hoax.

Hehe
Nice username. XP  

Nears toy army

Biblically Accurate Enby

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 am
Nears toy army
MattGasms

Hehe
Nice username. XP

Why thank you kind sir ;3 (Or madam in male pixels, which I am razz )  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 am
MattGasms
Nears toy army
MattGasms

Hehe
Nice username. XP

Nope. I was born a male.
At least... I think...
MOOOM!!!! ~  

Nears toy army

Biblically Accurate Enby

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:32 am
Nears toy army
MattGasms
Nears toy army
MattGasms

Hehe
Nice username. XP

Nope. I was born a male.
At least... I think...
MOOOM!!!! ~

Leave no room for doubt Mr. River cosplayer! D:  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:35 am
MattGasms
Nears toy army
MattGasms
Nears toy army
MattGasms

Hehe
Nice username. XP

Nope. I was born a male.
At least... I think...
MOOOM!!!! ~

Ok but now im scared.  

Nears toy army

Biblically Accurate Enby

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:39 am
Nears toy army
MattGasms
Nears toy army
MattGasms
Nears toy army
MattGasms

Hehe
Nice username. XP

Nope. I was born a male.
At least... I think...
MOOOM!!!! ~

Ok but now im scared.

Use your Wammy's House Training! Forcibly internalize and deny everything that goes against your sense of justice @_ @  
Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff