Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm
I really need them. I am a horrible, horrible procrastinator. It's been a skill I honed all through high school while others actually struggled and y'know, had to study? Yeah. I showed up to class and aced the test. I was that kid. Twelfth grade started to pull me down some, but I still passed everything respectably and didn't ever learn to really study.
And now university's killing me and it's awful and I need to change now while it's not too late.
So if you have any tips that you wouldn't mind sharing, I would be very thankful :'D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:59 pm
Lol....I have the same problem....biggest tip I can give you is...GET OFF GAIA!!!/The computer in general.

Make use of the Uni library or designated study areas. If you are in a Dorm (like I am) go and use the study room. And remember....failing Uni means a whole heap of money down the drain. Thats what I have to keep reminding myself.

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

kitti kat 28

6,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:34 am
I have the same problem. My biggest thing is find a quiet space, like a library and break down what subjects youre studying. Personally I find study/isolated rooms the best along w/ playing music, like on an ipod or something, because it limits the distractions.

You can switch subjects, like start with math and switch to english for ex. I work for 30 min at a time before taking a break, like get up and take a break, like stretch and get a drink of water or something.

Also you can ask a school counselor. They prob have handouts on the subject as well as maybe a free tutor to help you learn how to study.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:40 am
Treat the computer as if it were the devil.

Just force yourself to do what you need to do and use your computer as a reward when you get done with your work.
=,=

I am a horrible procrastinator too.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:23 pm
Ohh, I know what you mean. D;

English, history, and basic science all comes easy to me. I never study. I just read and soak in the stuff, then do whatever silly project is required.

AP Lit&Comp is tons of work but really, it's mostly retaining information and forming some BS opinion about it.

Mathematics and chemistry on the other hand? Numbers. NUMBERSSS. D:<

I have dyscalculia (dyslexia specific to numbers) so yeah. I have to study crazy hard. And I'm not used to it so my brain back-fires and I tend to get very low Ds. (Fs if I didn't try so darn hard)

My report card:
A
A
A(maybe B)
D
A

What the heck?

So this year I've been striving to get all As and Bs, even in chemistry.
That means buckling down and really studying hard.
No more shoving aside equations and leaving it to the last minute.
No more saying: SCREW IT I'M DONE

TL;DR
My tips:
*get outside. sunshine especially helps. I get way lower grades during the winter.
*go to the library. There's too many distractions at home.
*listen to or kill the music. Whichever helps.
*turn off all electronics when applicable. Your computer, phone, TV, everything.
*reminder sticky notes, everywhere. I mean anywhere. The shower, coffee pot, fridge, etc.
*GET HELP if you need it. Professors, study buddies, online, etc. You might be procrastinating because you don't fully understand the material.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:17 pm
You know how you sometimes get that guilty feeling that you should be working, but its easy to ignore and you just go back to goofing off?

When I get that feeling, I tell myself I'll work for 30 minutes. Its so much less daunting then trying to finish a whole project all at once. 30 minutes of serious work actually gets a lot done too.

Time for my 30 minutes >.<  

Kaiyle Brightblade

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces