GUFFFFF- What? Starting a guild [ is hard ]. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:30 pm
So yeah. Remember that guild I am/was making?
Yeah... I bought it.
And I made some subforums, and some introductory threads.
But guess what's in those threads?
If you guessed nothing, then you're probably right.
I can not, for the life of me, think of what to write.
It doesn't even take creativity, and I can't do it for some reason. D:
I've been looking around my other guilds, at their rules and information and stuff, but it's like...
I dunno.
I have no idea what to write in them.
; n ;

I have no idea how to know what to write in them either.
Do you girls have any suggestions?
For like, anything. Absolutely anything at all. D'x
Except for "get rid of it", 'cause I really want this guild.
I really want to talk to people about visual novels.
; ~ ;

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:51 pm
Just post some short , simple, & sweet info.

ex:
[insert a catchy picture/banner/etc here]
Welcome to the Posting Games Forum!
Here you can create your own game topics & also play along with other Gaians in their topics.

A few rules;;
- - - If a game has certain rules, follow said rules!
- - - Be kind & fair to others!
- - - etc, etc.

If you see anyone breaking these rules or making problems for this subforum, please contact me, Utziel, or another mod for this guild.
And make the post really colorful & stuff.

3nodding

catsoon

Friend

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:24 pm
Mine I pretty much modeled after the forums. You're welcome to look. :< *points to sig*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:34 pm
Alright, I've done the rules so far.
Will you read over them and tell me how they look? D'x

Welcome! I'm glad you're here, actually. I've got some things to talk about. It's nothing big, just a set of simple rules that everybody should follow. They aren't complicated or anything, so don't sweat about it.
The catch is, you get three chances. The first two times you mess up, you'll get a warning, but the third time, you'll get kicked out of this guild. You'll be allowed back in if you prove that you've straightened up. Don't worry, we'll tell you when you get a warning. I doubt we'll have to do this to anybody though, but I have to have it here in the case that somebody does do it. I'm sorry if it seems strict, but I want everyone to enjoy their stay here, and we can't do that if somebody's being a jerk.
So, here are the rules! Please be sure you follow them, I don't want to have to kick anybody out.

#1. Follow the TOS. This is pretty obvious, but I don't want any important people yelling at me or deleting my guild because people aren't following it. If you don't quite remember what it says, you can catch up here.

#2. No heavy cursing. Most people curse. So do I, actually. Really, just don't throw these 'sentence-enhancers' around in every sentence, alright? And please, no f-bombs, alright?

#3. Don't post links to mature Visual Novels. I'm positive that everybody in this guild knows that mature VNs exist. Don't link to them, alright? You can mention the name in the proper subforum, but just don't link to it. You can link to all others just fine, as long as you are sure it isn't 18+. If you aren't sure, just don't link it.

#4. Respect everyone. As a guild for VNs, I'm sure we'll come across some strange ones. Lots of gore, maybe, strong, gross, or just plain disgusting hentai, and what not. Sure, it's fine to think "Ew, that's so nasty, ugh." But you don't need to tell anybody that. Remember that wise saying adults used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Mkays? If somebody is being a jerk to you, PM me or one of the other crews and we'll handle it. Please don't get into any fights or do any name calling. It's unnecessary.

#5. Have fun! I know this is probably the lamest rule on the list, but come on people, you joined this guild to have fun, right? So do it! Suggest VNs to your fellow VN lovers, fangirl/boy about your favorite VN, or even talk about making a VN of your own!

#6. Don't post in the main forum. Please don't do this. The main forum is for announcements, stickies, and generally guild-important stuff. I'd love to keep it clean. There's a suggestion thread here, so if you don't see a subforum you'd really like, feel free to suggest it, and if it really sounds great, then it'll get made. If you feel like you have something important to put there, then PM a crew member and if they agree, then go ahead.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

Generally Awesome

6,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Pie Pusher 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:46 pm
Utziel

Welcome! I'm glad you're here, actually. I've got some things to talk about. It's nothing big, just a set of simple rules that everybody should follow. They aren't complicated or anything, so don't sweat about it.
The catch is, you get three chances. The first two times you mess up, you'll get a warning, but the third time, you'll get kicked out of this guild. You'll be allowed back in if you prove that you've straightened up. Don't worry, we'll tell you when you get a warning. I doubt we'll have to do this to anybody though, but I have to have it here in the case that somebody does do it. I'm sorry if it seems strict, but I want everyone to enjoy their stay here, and we can't do that if somebody's being a jerk.
So, here are the rules! Please be sure you follow them, I don't want to have to kick anybody out.

#1. Follow the TOS. This is pretty obvious, but I don't want any important people yelling at me or deleting my guild because people aren't following it. If you don't quite remember what it says, you can catch up here.

#2. No heavy cursing. Most people curse. So do I, actually. Really, just don't throw these 'sentence-enhancers' around in every sentence, alright? And please, no f-bombs, alright?

#3. Don't post links to mature Visual Novels. I'm positive that everybody in this guild knows that mature VNs exist. Don't link to them, alright? You can mention the name in the proper subforum, but just don't link to it. You can link to all others just fine, as long as you are sure it isn't 18+. If you aren't sure, just don't link it.

#4. Respect everyone. As a guild for VNs, I'm sure we'll come across some strange ones. Lots of gore, maybe, strong, gross, or just plain disgusting hentai, and what not. Sure, it's fine to think "Ew, that's so nasty, ugh." But you don't need to tell anybody that. Remember that wise saying adults used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Mkays? If somebody is being a jerk to you, PM me or one of the other crews and we'll handle it. Please don't get into any fights or do any name calling. It's unnecessary.

#5. Have fun! I know this is probably the lamest rule on the list, but come on people, you joined this guild to have fun, right? So do it! Suggest VNs to your fellow VN lovers, fangirl/boy about your favorite VN, or even talk about making a VN of your own!

#6. Don't post in the main forum. Please don't do this. The main forum is for announcements, stickies, and generally guild-important stuff. I'd love to keep it clean. There's a suggestion thread here, so if you don't see a subforum you'd really like, feel free to suggest it, and if it really sounds great, then it'll get made. If you feel like you have something important to put there, then PM a crew member and if they agree, then go ahead.

That's really good.You should go with it c;  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:50 pm
Yay!
Thank you!
:'D

alienli

Friendly Tipper

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:57 pm
Utziel

I'm assuming these are the overall rules? They're great! They're not so short that you sound like you didn't try but they're not so long that you just skim/don't read them at all. I don't really have any changes for it.
You should use them ~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:00 pm
Fouxia

Yep! biggrin
I'm glad you think they're okay.

Now I just have to work on the rest of the guild, and the main page. xD
I'm leaving the main page for last, 'cause I want everything to be neat and tidy when people start joining.
[/perfectionist-ish]

alienli

Friendly Tipper

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:02 pm
Nah, you're not being a perfectionist. That's a good plan to go by ^.^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:12 pm
That's good enough. If you want, I found a guide that explains the ToS in plain English, since the ToS is a bit difficult to read. I used it in my rules too. :3  

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:16 pm
Ah, yes. That is a good idea, too.
I think I'll put that in my rules. xD
And the thing about being active, ugh.
Especially that. I need to update my rules with more rules already. x'D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:38 pm
It sounds like you're doing great =)

I'm making a guild at the moment too so I know who stressful it can be agonising over choices of stuff >.<
If you like, you can check out my empty shell for an example type of thing, 'cause I think I'm almost done making it (although mine is a music guild so obviously a little different)
Also, there is a guild out the just for captains and crewbies with a whole bunch of guides and things that you can join which is insanely helpful for this kind of thing. I used this guide whilst constructing my guild and found it so helpful. If you jion the guild there are also lots of people there who can give you really helpful ideas, feedback on your guild which I've found amazing.

Good luck anyways, hope this helped a little =)  

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:34 pm
Ugh, I think I'm actually having trouble doing the main page the most. D':

I just, I suuuck. xD
Oi...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:00 pm
Okay, so I've finished it for the most part.
How does it look?
Of course I'm still going to be tweaking it and what not, but how's the overall appearance?

Also, does the homepage look weird to you? It looks weird to me and I can't figure out why.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:37 pm
Utziel
Okay, so I've finished it for the most part.
How does it look?
Of course I'm still going to be tweaking it and what not, but how's the overall appearance?

Also, does the homepage look weird to you? It looks weird to me and I can't figure out why.

Holy whoa. The homepage looks really, really good. Nice & professional.

& the Rules page looks just as good!

23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces