A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Post Secret - IAGT Style. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think the Photobucket account should be private?
  Yes
  No
  It doesn't matter to me
  I'm only here for the gold!
View Results

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:18 pm
Post Secret - IAGT Style

A lot of us know what Post Secret is, but for those who don't you can check it out here. It is a place where you can anonymously mail a homemade post card or a picture with a secret that you have. The secret can be humorous, horrifying, happy, or hopeful. It can produce tears or smiles. The things is, though, that we don't know who's secret it is. It's your secret and unless you're willing to share, that's the way it will be.

After a little bit of discussion and some positive feedback, I made a Photobucket account we the girls of this guild could do our own version of Post Secret. The password and username to the Photobucket account is listed below. The reason it's shared is so you yourself can upload your secret. That way no one knows who. I could easily be the first person to upload something, but then again, I might not be.

Check out the album here! The guest password just to see the album is secrets, all lower case. (Note that you can't upload photos as a guest, you have to sign in)

Have fun being creative and maybe even getting a load off your chest by anonymously sharing your secret.

Photobucket account information:
Username: ITAG-Secrets
Password: 1234iagt
(all lowercase letters
And I messed up on the username; it is actually ITAG
Below here in tiny font is my previous post with account information to the email address that the photobucket is registered to)

Previous post: I'm a member of an all-women's message board that I've been a member at for near ten years. I've grown up with these women, (I even lied about my age and said I was 13 to join their message board!) and they're a great group. A few years ago we came up with an idea that I thought might be interesting to try here, since this is also an all-female group. √√ We made our own Post Secret. I'm still rather new to the guild, but I've posted/looked in several different subforums and found a Confessions thread as well as a Post Your Secret thread. I'm not sure how many people are familiar with Post Secret, but just in case you don't know, it's when you anonymously mail your secrets on a home-made card/post card. √√ What we did was we made our own Photobucket and shared the password to the Photobucket account (everyone is mature and won't delete/change the password or email address here, I'm sure). That way anyone can upload and it would be a secret. You can make something really simple or make it epically artistic, whatever you want or were comfortable with. You can add several secrets or none at all. The photobucket account that we made for our secrets at SC are open but I don't want to share them unless it's needed. √√ I thought about making a photobucket account, but I wasn't sure how people would feel about it, so I just thought I would share the idea and see how others feel before jumping and going ahead. Plus, I wasn't sure if the admins had a personal email account/photobucket for the guild (my guild has an email address and photobucket) and would rather make it themselves since they do runt he guild. The difference about this rather than what you see in the threads are the anonymity to it, plus you can also be really artistic. √√ Feel free to move this to the correct subforum if need be. I thought it might be seen more, and I couldn't decide whether it'd fit in the picture subforum because this is a little different. √√ TL;DR (very good possibility of this!): What do you think of having Post Secret - It's A Girl Thing guild style? √√ (That would have been so much simpler than typing that long book!)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:23 pm
That is an amazing idea & I really,really like it

catsoon

Friend

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:34 pm
Hot Pink Toxins
Thank you! I loved participating in this in the other forum I post at and thought that it might be well received here. It really us a cool way to be artsy and anonymous. And Post Secret is such a cool thing, some of them really make me feel inspired, and I thought that maybe this would be a very cool and through provoking project.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:34 pm
I <3 the idea! But I hate photobucket. D;
My photos tend to get deleted because I don't have a Pro account and it irks me.

Do you think we could do something similar but simply on the thread?..

Oh, wait, that wouldn't be anon. D:
Hmm.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:42 pm
Ramiele
Hot Pink Toxins
Thank you! I loved participating in this in the other forum I post at and thought that it might be well received here. It really us a cool way to be artsy and anonymous. And Post Secret is such a cool thing, some of them really make me feel inspired, and I thought that maybe this would be a very cool and through provoking project.

It is an awesome project!
I support it 100% 3nodding
If you need any help making it or arranging it or anything I'd love to help~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:54 pm
Hot Pink Toxins
Ramiele
Hot Pink Toxins

It is an awesome project!
I support it 100% 3nodding
If you need any help making it or arranging it or anything I'd love to help~
I'd love to have you apart of it! :3

@Flauterfli: I'm not a photobucket fan too much anymore either becuase of the bandwidth, but I'm sure it'd be all right. It's the only place I thought of that you could upload photos, look at others, and be able to share privately. =]  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:58 pm
Ramiele
-

& I'd love to be apart of it ^^

As for what you said to flauterfli about the bandwidth, you can always make V2 and V3 (version 2 and version 3) when the bandwidth is close to being exceeded.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:00 pm
Hot Pink Toxins
Ramiele
-

As for what you said to flauterfli about the bandwidth, you can always make V2 and V3 (version 2 and version 3) when the bandwidth is close to being exceeded.
Ah yes, very true! :3

I can make a photobucket account either tonight or tomorrow and share it here. =3 ^-^ It's getting late, but I'm glad that there are others interested in the idea! I almost made one and jumped right in but I wasn't sure how others would feel. I didn't want people to feel obligated to love the idea. :3  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

minihost2

Desirable Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:01 pm
This sounds like a really good idea ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:02 pm
Cute idea heart  

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

catsoon

Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:04 pm
Ramiele
Hot Pink Toxins
Ramiele
-

Ah yes, very true! :3

I can make a photobucket account either tonight or tomorrow and share it here. =3 ^-^ It's getting late, but I'm glad that there are others interested in the idea! I almost made one and jumped right in but I wasn't sure how others would feel. I didn't want people to feel obligated to love the idea. :3

It's an awesome idea & i think most of us would agree with that!
If it's late, you should sleep dear but this is defiantly a project I support.
Keep us updated heart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:06 pm
I dunno if this would work - but maybe if we had a IAGT Secret thread mule????  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:08 pm
Why not create a tumblr account for it?
You can set the blog so that others can post.

And then the person in charge of the account
would need to go in and approve the posts.

As far as I know, you can do it annon. but I could be wrong
on that.

edit; or you could set up an email for everyone
to send their posts to, then post them on tumblr.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:27 pm
I made a photobucket account and also an email address for the photobucket. It's the one that I'm most familiar with and we can change the privacy settings accordingly. That way we can decide whether we want it public, private or what. :3

It worked so with with SC on photobucket just because it was universal and you didn't have to worry about sending it in and risk being guessed at who you are.

The username and password to the photobucket account is:

IAGT-secrets
1234iagt

(same for the gmail account, but instead of a hyphen, there is a period)

All characters are lowercase on both.

I'll reedit my first post either tonight or tomorrow with it and a better explanation smile  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:25 pm
User Image

I think it's a grand idea but it may/may not be a little difficult to keep up with if you have to go through and put the secrets in yourself.

User Image  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces