Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
What other animes would you recommend for Death Note fans? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AceWaldo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:34 am
I'm really into Death Note but have found it hard to find other animes that are similar or that I enjoy as much.

What other animes would you recommend for Death Note Fans?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:20 am
Code Geass: Morally ambiguous protagonist with a special power and a hidden identity and lots of fun battles of the mind. Code Geass has more action in it though. I suppose you could call it something like a cross between Death Note and Full Metal Panic.

Gankutsuou: Another intelligent anime with a lot of mind games and manipulation. The art style is to die for as well!

Hell Girl: I have only seen a few episodes, but it is about a webpage where you can post the name of someone who has wronged you and their soul will be taken to Hell. See how the concept is similar yet?  

Zaige Delecroix

DomaDoma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:19 am
If the moral grappling is one of your favorite things about the series, I recommend Monster. (The main villain also happens to be a Master Manipulator type, though his exact processes are kept in shadow for most of the series, and slowly get more and more defined until the finale gives you his exact machinations in their full glory. Much like the appearance of a horror-movie monster, but without the disappointment.)

It's just a manga, and I haven't read it, but I also hear Liar Game is good.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:03 am
It's already been said, but Code Geass.  

PsycherXX

Relatively Crazy

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:23 am
Hell Girl: It's already been said, though I would like to make my point. It's similar to Death Note per-say an I know I enjoyed watching it.

Soul Eater: I enjoyed Soul Eater, though it's not similar to it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:18 am
Code Geass

Trying to see who Zero is.
The Black Kights.
Lulu.
And all for his little sister.

'Knoff said.

Deniera Knight

Deniera Knight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:22 am
Gundam 00

Cool.
Robots.
Fight.
To.
Stop.
War.

Note: I now hate Alaugha for when he got that girl. And evil Alaugha is cooler.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 pm
Fullmetal Alchemist, Ouran Host Club, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fruits Basket, Ruoni Kenshin, Inu Yasha, Trigun, Gun Grave, Hell Girl (although it's already been said), and Blood Plus.  

Fairy-Amazon

Nezumi69

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:38 pm
Probably Code Geass. Liar game is also really good, but it doesn't have a anime. If you are okay with a long series and I mean really long watch Detective Conan 608 episodes 769 chapters still on going.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:36 pm
DomaDoma
If the moral grappling is one of your favorite things about the series, I recommend Monster. (The main villain also happens to be a Master Manipulator type, though his exact processes are kept in shadow for most of the series, and slowly get more and more defined until the finale gives you his exact machinations in their full glory. Much like the appearance of a horror-movie monster, but without the disappointment.)

It's just a manga, and I haven't read it, but I also hear Liar Game is good.

Forgot about Monster. Yes, that is a really good one to try out if you like Death Note. There are no supernatural elements though and it doesn't have the over-the-top elements of Death Note. Still a very good series.  

Zaige Delecroix

XiiongMao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:30 pm
Its already been said but Code Geass and Liar Game is good. I love Higurashi no naku Koro ni.

Some others I really enjoy (even though they aren't like Death Note) are Black Rock Shooter, Kuroshitsuji, and Hetalia.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:54 pm
... What about Durarara, Black Butler, Hetalia 3nodding  

Rubio4

2,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Psychotic Gummi Worm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:05 pm
I agree on Code Geass and Monster. If you're into darker anime, then I highly recommend Kuroshitsuji. If you're into DN for the intellectual part, then Bakuman, by the same creators is also great.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:31 pm
I would recommend the following:

Death note (duh)
Bleach
Naruto
High School of the dead (Look up on google and even though its inappopiate it is still really good, also its only an anime)
InuYasha
Ranma 1/2
Tokyo Mew Mew
Skip Beat
Yugioh (all)
GET THE MAGAZINES FOR MANGA OKAY!!!!  

Saiisawsome

xBitta Sweetx

Fluffy Bunny

5,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Noble Shade 100