Today I felt sad for the boy I like

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:36 am
Today I went to bingo (like I always do) and the boy who works at the cafeteria was behind the counter on the till (cashier) and I took up the courage to go and talk to him and I said to him whilst smiling nervously ''Hi, Daniel. How are you?'' and he then replied to me by saying ''Not good'', and he looked really miserable in the face so then I immediately felt bad for asking how he is, but then I realized that how was I supposed to know he was having a bad day?

He told me about how he found his little kitten dead in a pool of blood and how something bit into the kitten, but he doesn't know exactly what did it but my guess is a dog.

Anyway, I said bye to him and myself and my mum said to him how sorry we are, and then he said ''Life's really unfair'' and how his kitten felt like a son to him. That broke my heart.

So I felt quite miserable today, and I wanted to post this on the guild because it really got me down and we all have those days, don't we?

Edit: Perhaps I should have posted this in the ''Boys'' sub forum. x_x  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:54 am
Oh, that's awful. :(
Sometimes you really can't tell when someone is having a bad day unless you ask them. Just hearing about a pet dying will bring me down hard.

Sometimes, just a simple "I'm sorry for you loss" and a listening can go a long way. It might not seem like much, but it's really powerful. If you happen to see him again, and he's still down about his kitten, just offer your condolences and a listening ear. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.  

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:44 am
That is sad. Although it may have been a stray dog or wild animal (fox or coyote) urban and sub-urban pet owners really should take steps to curb their dogs' aggressive protectiveness.

As for Country folk, it's ok to have an aggressive dog as long as you take responsibility for it's actions and take proper measures to keep them contained. (living in the country can be dangerous since neighbors most likely will not be able to see or hear you in trouble and there are more wild animals. When I lived out in the country, my dogs were (regrettably) responsible for the disappearance of a couple "neighborhood" cats and a few gopher turtles but if we had trained them to not attack animals, they might not have saved me from the rattle snake I didn't see when I was gardening. They never did try to attack cranes or deer though :I

After your beu has had time to grieve for his kitty, why don't you go with him to an animal shelter and give another kitten a chance at life? You never forget the pets you have and getting a new pet after one dies is not replacing it, it's teaching your heart to love more.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games