Welcome to Gaia! ::

► Pray For Japan ◄

Back to Guilds

A place to express your thoughts on the Japan Earthquake/Tsunami. 

Tags: Japan, Earthquake, Support, Disaster, Tsunami 

Reply ► Pray For Japan ◄
PLEASE LOOK HERE EVERYBODY... ITS CONCERNING YOU,YOUR FAMILY Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guez Whu

Ruthless Genius

11,725 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:53 am
Last week's devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan has actually moved the island closer to the United States and shifted the planet's axis.

The quake caused a rift 15 miles below the sea floor that stretched 186 miles long and 93 miles wide, according to the AP. The areas closest to the epicenter of the quake jumped a full 13 feet closer to the United States, geophysicist Ross Stein at the United States Geological Survey told The New York Times.

The 9.0 magnitude quake (the fourth-largest recorded since 1900) was caused when the Pacific tectonic plate dove under the North American plate, which shifted Eastern Japan towards North America by about 13 feet (see NASA's before and after photos at right). The quake also shifted the earth's axis by 6.5 inches, shortened the day by 1.6 microseconds, and sank Japan downward by about two feet. As Japan's eastern coastline sunk, the tsunami's waves rolled in.

Why did the quake shorten the day? The earth's mass shifted towards the center, spurring the planet to spin a bit faster. Last year's massive 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Chile also shortened the day, but by an even smaller fraction of a second. The 2004 Sumatra quake knocked a whopping 6.8 micro-seconds off the day.

After the country's 1995 earthquake, Japan placed high-tech sensors around the country to observe even the slightest movements, which is why scientists are able to calculate the quake's impact down to the inch. "This is overwhelmingly the best-recorded great earthquake ever," Lucy Jones, chief scientist for the Multi-Hazards project at the U.S. Geological Survey, told The Los Angeles Times.

The tsunami's waves necessitated life-saving evacuations as far away as Chile. Fisherman off the coast of Mexico reported a banner fishing day Friday, and speculated that the tsunami knocked sealife in their direction.

]My thoughts to all in Japan.
If you can't give money, give a prayer, and if you don't pray... keep them in your thoughts.
You might never know how nice it feels, to have someone thinking of you during a rough time... until it happens to you.

Take heed world, and know that all men are equal regardless of race or creed. What can happen to one man, nation or race can well as happen to any other. We are all brothers and sisters in this struggle filled world and only the coming together of the each and everyone can alleviate the stress and pain of another.

The rapture is near,in fact its sooner than we expected it to be. One of the reasons are the shortening of daytime. There will still be lots of devastating disasters like this that will come for us so please be prepared.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:01 pm
WHOA!!! That is just....wow. I do agree this can happen to anyone of us and it is best to be prepared for anything.  

princess ai rules

9,200 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Guez Whu

Ruthless Genius

11,725 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 am
princess ai rules
WHOA!!! That is just....wow. I do agree this can happen to anyone of us and it is best to be prepared for anything.

Now my question is, Are you prepared? If rapture happened now. . . are you prepared?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Mitsuki_Hibari
princess ai rules

Now my question is, Are you prepared? If rapture happened now. . . are you prepared?

I am prepared. I am always prepared for the unexpected.  

princess ai rules

9,200 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Guez Whu

Ruthless Genius

11,725 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:43 am
Well then how are you prepared?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:04 am
U sure ask this question alot x_x if Japan need help than focus on Japan nowhere else right now  

Park-Jaejoon

5,850 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Last Racer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:38 am
The rapture has actually been said to begin on May 21st of this year but I don't believe it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:14 pm
King Jelubi
The rapture has actually been said to begin on May 21st of this year but I don't believe it.

Really? I think I heard that somewhere too.
Are you going to laugh with me on Dec 24th 2012 or whatever the day after the guessed "apocalypse" is?  

alphawolf888

7,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Popular Thread 100

The Last Racer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:17 pm
alphawolf888
King Jelubi

Are you going to laugh with me on Dec 24th 2012 or whatever the day-after is of the "apocalypse" as well? Lol

I'm not going to be laughing because you will only let your guard down when the true apocalypse will actually happen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 pm
King Jelubi
alphawolf888
King Jelubi

Are you going to laugh with me on Dec 24th 2012 or whatever the day-after is of the "apocalypse" as well? Lol

I'm not going to be laughing because you will only let your guard down when the true apocalypse will actually happen.

I'm just saying that people can't truly put a date on this. I know it's coming, and I'm trying to live like it will happen any second.  

alphawolf888

7,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Navibagels

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:42 am
:U

i'm glad i don't live in the US -w-  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:32 am
''Take heed world, and know that all men are equal regardless of race or creed. What can happen to one man, nation or race can well as happen to any other. We are all brothers and sisters in this struggle filled world and only the coming together of the each and everyone can alleviate the stress and pain of another.''
Powerful words.

ILoveTalkingOranges808

6,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Snow Child 13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:40 pm
thats just... wow im speechless i didnt even know any of this o.o  
► Pray For Japan ◄

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items