Lisiana

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:52 am
wahmbulance WARNING: [SORT OF] A POINTLESS TOPIC wahmbulance

I posted because I just wanted to talk with you guys... If this is in the wrong forum, then I'm sorry. You guys can either move/delete this thread if need be.

biggrin

Okay, so in class, we have to make a movie poster about anything at all, as long as there is currently no movie for the story the poster is about.

One of the questions raised after our teacher had told us to do it was: "Could a movie poster be in landscape form?"

Which leads me to the topic I'd like to discuss with all of you. Movie posters: does it have to be in portrait form or could it be in landscape form? Why are they in portrait form? Is it the standard form for movie posters?

I personally think both portrait and landscape form would be okay, because, in the end, it's the editor's style and creativity that counts.

Right?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:57 am
Landscape, as in the way the poster is 'turned'? I'm guessing it's because that is the standard way movie poster frames are set up and landscape style posters either wouldn't fit or would be turned sideways. After the frames a bracketed down they are usually never moved unless they are being replaced so it is just much easier to print the poster in portrait form.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Lisiana

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:01 am
Oh... I see.

But, for a class project, it would still be okay to have it landscape form, right? You know, for creativity's sake?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 am
Depends on the teacher, how strict they are, and the project. Some teachers are all for creativity and others want things to look as realistic as possible.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:16 am
I would go for portrait if I were you.

Your teacher will most probably want you to show an understanding of the conventions of a movie poster, and there is still plenty of room for creativity within those conventions.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:00 am
Oh... okay. Thanks everyone! heart  

Lisiana

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash