Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I'm trying to lose weight

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JapaneseDollie

7,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:44 pm
If I ran every single say, ate healthy, slept for 8 hours a day, How long would it take me to lose 25 pounds?
Also, how many hours of running a day should I do? D:
Thanks everyone!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:55 pm
Run 27 hours per single say. If you're doing less than 27 hours or claim that it is impossible, you're just not doing it right. :/

In all seriousness, how long can you afford to run in a day? How intense? How far? What pace do you take?

Also, tell me more about what you would do for 'healthy eating' and whether you'd indulge a little in unhealthy foods or not from time to time. Indulging in a tiny bit is okay if you're exercising and eating healthy on a regular basis, but it could affect the speed at which you lost weight.  

Ladd Frand

JapaneseDollie

7,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:04 pm
Insane Mokona
Run 27 hours per single say. If you're doing less than 27 hours or claim that it is impossible, you're just not doing it right. :/

In all seriousness, how long can you afford to run in a day? How intense? How far? What pace do you take?

Also, tell me more about what you would do for 'healthy eating' and whether you'd indulge a little in unhealthy foods or not from time to time. Indulging in a tiny bit is okay if you're exercising and eating healthy on a regular basis, but it could affect the speed at which you lost weight.

I get home between 3-3:30.
I go to sleep around 10:30

On weekends I can run whatever time I want.

Well healthy eating - Special k cereal w/ milk, basically the entire day. XD I know its not really "healthy" but I consider it healthy since I can't really find anything else to eat since I'm vegetarian, and I like ramen, but thats completely unhealthy. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:10 pm
You lose weight when you consume fewer calories than you expend. You burn a certain amount of calories every day just by being alive (calculate that here). If you consume fewer than that every day, you should lose weight. As a general rule, don't go lower than 1200 calories because it's not healthy and actually causes your body to retain fat. Running every day will speed up the process because it burns even more calories.  

__penguin__
Captain

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:59 pm
I ran 3 days a week for 20 mins (the C25K) while on weight watchers and I was able to lose 20 pounds in about 2 and a half months.

Also, since your vegetarian, make sure you're getting nutrients like protien from beans and legumes and eat lots of fruits and veggies. If you're ovo-lacto vegetarian then remember eggs and milk, but if not, then I suggest a woman's multivitamin so you can still get calcium and b12.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:57 pm
Last month, I lost around 5 kilos (10 pounds I guess) thinking that I would loose 10 kilos. I was somewhat disappointed of meeting that result. My lesson? Don't expect how much weight you are going to loose in certain period of time.

How I wish I could loose more to stop feeling this back ache... but everything takes time.

S e d l a v a n a

5,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games