Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Getting inspired? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Incinerated Innocence

6,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 am
What do you do to get inspired? I really need ideas, 'cause I've got the diet and exersize part sorted, I just keep thinking "oh well, this weight doesn't really matter. I can live with it, so why bother?" But the thing is, I actually need to do this, it's part of my confidence plan, which is kinda hard to explain...Anyway, what do you do when you feel all weak and like you're going to break your diet? Thoughts, activities, anything!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm
I watch Spartacus, lol, or some movie where the people are fit, or listening to some good rock music to keep my blood pumping  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:37 pm
I think about all the cool outfits (SKINNY JEANS!!) I'll be able to wear when I lose 50 lbs! And how strangers won't subconsciously or consciously treat me like crap. "No fat chicks", etc. Did you know that overweight people tend to make less money for the same job as an average-weight person? And I don't know, I just feel like I can't talk to strangers without them thinking "ew, what a dumb fat b***h". I mean I talk to people when I have to, and I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who hates fat people anyway, but still...

I also find that it helps to make "mini-goals" instead of just having one big goal. I eventually want to get down to 125-130 lbs, but I'm only 15 lbs over having a normal BMI, so my primary goal right now is just to get to 160, a healthy weight (I'm tall... sweatdrop ). It's a lot less intimidating!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:01 pm
I look at the models and look at their thinness.
I know that having a body like that is not really possible since it is all photoshopped but, it makes me to not want to pig out.  

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Incinerated Innocence

6,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:48 pm
__penguin__
I think about all the cool outfits (SKINNY JEANS!!) I'll be able to wear when I lose 50 lbs! And how strangers won't subconsciously or consciously treat me like crap. "No fat chicks", etc. Did you know that overweight people tend to make less money for the same job as an average-weight person? And I don't know, I just feel like I can't talk to strangers without them thinking "ew, what a dumb fat b***h". I mean I talk to people when I have to, and I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who hates fat people anyway, but still...

I also find that it helps to make "mini-goals" instead of just having one big goal. I eventually want to get down to 125-130 lbs, but I'm only 15 lbs over having a normal BMI, so my primary goal right now is just to get to 160, a healthy weight (I'm tall... sweatdrop ). It's a lot less intimidating!

How tall are you? I'm 5'9 and 1/2...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:50 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
I look at the models and look at their thinness.
I know that having a body like that is not really possible since it is all photoshopped but, it makes me to not want to pig out.

I've tried that, but seeing how skinny some of them are makes me feel slightly nauseaus...  

Incinerated Innocence

6,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:57 pm
I listen to Bruno Mars's Just the Way You Are and Katy Perry's Firework. And just remember I have friends who love me for me and I can kick serious butt if I want to. That usually revs me up ^^;;;;  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:57 pm
Incinerated Innocence
__penguin__

5'7" 3nodding Yay for tall girls!  

__penguin__
Captain

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:04 pm
I think having mini goals is so much easier and less intimidating rather than having just one large goal, so maybe that might help with motivation. Also, having a friend workout with you makes it easier. It made me motivated having friends support me and eat healthy with me and even exercise with me. Also, the immense unsatisfaction I had with my body motivated me to work hard and lose 20 pounds. I still need to lose like 40 more but I'll take it step by step and I know u can do it too!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 pm
First, I got mad at myself of my current weight: 200 pounds.
That's what happens when you don't love enough yourself.
At first, I pretended that I didn't care about myself.

But now I do since my parents are giving me the opportunity of becoming healthier. They want me to live longer and to accomplish my dreams.

I was abused psychological and physically by my Art Gallery Director up to a point that it led me to the hospital.

For me, losing weight it's a NECESSITY that my back is claiming.

This semester, I decided not to go back to College but to train day by day, re-educate myself of how to take care of my back, and show to the world that I got strong enough to move on.

P.S. Thank you for inviting me to this guild, penguin.

S e d l a v a n a

5,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100

Incinerated Innocence

6,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:56 am
__penguin__
Incinerated Innocence
__penguin__

5'7" 3nodding Yay for tall girls!

*high fives* blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:22 pm
Oooo tall girls surprised  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Edochi

Beloved Receiver

8,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:20 am
I become inspired when I think about the people who care about me--mostly the few friends I have. I think of how I want a healthy future as well as the benefits good health will bring me, and how I'll be able to better do the things I want to do (run, hike, ride a bike, etc).

I also feel inspired when I pull out some of my old pairs of pants of when I was smaller... (I was a decent size--and I became very very sick my Sophomore year of high school and started gaining weight rapidly after that). I want to be that healthy size again, and my health is improving every day really, when I actually work on it. I am inspired when I feel better too.

Often a healthy breakfast encourages me to do well for the rest of the day. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:53 pm
S e d l a v a n a
First, I got mad at myself of my current weight: 200 pounds.
That's what happens when you don't love enough yourself.
At first, I pretended that I didn't care about myself.

Yup, that's exactly how I was too. The heaviest I've ever been was 197 pounds.....3 pounds short of 200 eek I remember being so sad when I first saw that but then I just got pissed at myself for letting that happen. I'm glad I lost 20+ pounds but I still have 40 more to lose. It's a long journey but can definitely be done. heart  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:58 pm
I also inspire myself by looking at smaller clothes. I can finally fit into size 12 jeans so I eventually want to get down to size 10 then maybe 9 or 8. So that's a big motivator for me. I also want to fit in small t-shirts. I think right now, I'm a woman's XL so for now I want to get down to a woman's L, then M. Also, it motivates me to work out more when I see my friends in two piece swimming suits or bikini's with small bodies and flat tummies. It makes me want to work out harder so I can have an attractive body too.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games