Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Mad Tea Party (Guild Events)
The Duchess' Kitchen - Winners Announced! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"Come and taste the soup-- tell me what it needs!"
You're right, more salt...
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Uh... pepper? *achoo* >_<
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Vegetables!
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
MOOSE >:0
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:04 am
User Image

As you enter the Duchess' home, you are immediately hit with a strong urge to sneeze. The place is messy, loud, full of people, and practically bathed in what you can only surmise is... pepper? Still, there is an air of warmth and cheer, despite the crying baby in the corner, and when the Duchess appears before you her arms are open wide to welcome you. "Come in, my dear!" she bellows, ushering you into the kitchen. "Sit down and make yourself comfortable. I was just making some soup."

As you seat yourself at the table, you notice that it is littered with craft supplies. Upon your inquiry, the Duchess grows excited and cries, "I've been making banners for Wonderlanders to hang about every which way, here and there and quite often on the ceiling... It's simply delightful! You should try it, dear-- feel free to use any of my supplies there. The soup's almost ready-- just needs a dash of salt!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:06 pm
[Banner Contest!]

Get ready to put your graphic-making skills to use with a Wonderland banner contest! Make a banner [or as many as you want!] promoting the guild, a specific character, or Wonderland in general.... And don't worry about not having enough time, because the contest will go well into April!

A note on sizes:
A lot of people have trouble deciding what sizes to make their banners, since there aren't any specific guidelines other than the guild banner and the pixel limit for signatures. So we'll make it easier and give you four sizes to choose from:
88x31 pixels (Button)
200x40 pixels (Guild Banner)
500x150 pixels
400x200 pixels

Other than that, the rules are the same ol' same ol': No explicit (+PG13) material (follow the ToS and use your judgment); all artwork must be original, public domain, or used with permission of the artist; content must fit within the contest guidelines.

Entry Form! (Post in this thread)
Quote:
Username:
Size of Entry:
Entry: [IMG please]
Code: [give us the image code so we can use it for actual banners!]

While you're making your banners, have a sit-down and enjoy yourself here! And don't forget, you can enter as many times as you want!

[The Entries!]

Entry Form!KimCare:
Size of Entry:400x200
Entry:
User Image
Photobucket

Username: KawaiiPankake
Size of Entry: 400x145 (I tried to make this as close to 400x200 as possible. I hope it's alright. This was something I made a while ago as a forum siggy and just resized it. ^_^)
Entry: User Image
Code:

Username: _White_Arisu_
Size of Entry: 380 X 220
Code:

Username: Living_In_Song
Size of Entry: Ya...about that. I really was having too much fun to even think about the size of them. So I understand if they can't be allowed into the contest(I did try to make them smaller...). But I thought I would post them anyway! Because(like I said before) I had SO much fun making them. Hope you guys like them too!
Code:

Code:

Code:

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

Third place: User Image (_White_Arisu_!)
Second place: User Image (KawaiiPankake!)
First place: User Image (Living_In_Song!)

If you want to use any of the contestants' banners on your profile, in a thread or in your siggy, feel free to snag them *with the link to the guild* HERE!  

The Night Faery
Captain

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:03 pm
Ooh, this is so exciting. <3 I can't wait to see all of the beautiful things everyone makes!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 pm
Entry Form!KimCare:
Size of Entry:400x200
Entry:
User Image
Photobucket  

KimCare

Swashbuckling Bookworm

29,325 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Bookworm 100

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 pm
Aah, I love it! So very technicolor (:

P.S. I bet I know which side wins! -drinks soup-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:22 am
User Image

Too bad I don't know HOW to make a banner razz I would have loved to participate ^^

<3

Bonbon Vanille

9,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:33 pm
Ohh, that's no problem! You can make a banner in GIMP, or MS Paint, or any kind of digital paint program! Just put in a background, maybe some art, something about Wonderland-- you can adjust the size by pixels really easily in MS Paint-- just click and drag (:  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 pm
Come on, my friends, don't be shy! Work on a banner or two whilst eating your soup! The Duchess promised me that she's almost perfected her recipe...  

The Night Faery
Captain

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:52 pm
I'm working on mine!

Don't worry!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 pm
Oh good!  

The Night Faery
Captain

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:50 pm
Username: Living_In_Song
Size of Entry: Ya...about that. I really was having too much fun to even think about the size of them. So I understand if they can't be allowed into the contest(I did try to make them smaller...). But I thought I would post them anyway! Because(like I said before) I had SO much fun making them. Hope you guys like them too!
Code:

Code:

Code:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:35 pm
lol, they're wonderful! I think, considering the circumstances, they are fine to enter. They're about 322x242... so they could go into the 400x200 category. ^-^  

The Night Faery
Captain

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:46 pm
Really?! If your sure it's alright, then I would be most pleased!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 am
Username: KawaiiPankake
Size of Entry: 400x145 (I tried to make this as close to 400x200 as possible. I hope it's alright. This was something I made a while ago as a forum siggy and just resized it. ^_^)
Code:  

KawaiiPankake

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 pm
Song: Oh, most definitely fine!

Pancake: I can tell I'm going to love it, but I can only see about a third of the image! D': I'm pretty sure that it's just my computer being all ancient and stuff... I'll try reloading the page in a little bit, haha. Thank you!

The Mad Tea Party (Guild Events)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff