Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Megal

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:29 pm
So we are registering for our classes for next year already, and I need to figure out what classes I should take, by tomorrow! I think I've gotten most everything but I really need to figure out what science class to take, and it would be sooo helpful if you girls could give me some input!

I'm going to be a Junior next year and I've already taken Chemistry my freshman year and Physics this year. I've been looking into doing AP biology, AP physics, Anatomy, and material science. I'm really not a fan of biology but I think it might be good to take. With AP physics my science teacher said that it would be mostly review stuff for me, but I actually like physics and it sounded like it'd be fun. Anatomy apparently includes alot of dissections which I really wouldn't want to do, but I would probably get to take it with my best friend. Material science is apparently super easy and fun but doesn't really look that great on your transcript like the other classes.

What do you guys think? I'm really stuck on what to do, and it's totally stressing me out. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 pm
Use the process of elimination to help you decide? Or something like that. My opinion on what you should take is below, but what you decide to take is up to you.
Maybe you should take Biology or Material Science since those are the ones you haven't taken yet.
There's no point in taking AP Physics if it's going to be mostly review, you might just waste your time.
If you don't like dissecting stuff then don't even consider Anatomy. It's not worth it if you're going to hate it.
I took Biology as a freshman and Chemistry as a sophomore(this year). I take Physics next year. My school is so controlling, they tell you what classes to take and what year to take them in. stare It sucks, so it's lucky that you get to choose, even if it is a bit stressful.  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

The_Megal

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:17 pm
Harley91594
Use the process of elimination to help you decide? Or something like that. My opinion on what you should take is below, but what you decide to take is up to you.
Maybe you should take Biology or Material Science since those are the ones you haven't taken yet.
There's no point in taking AP Physics if it's going to be mostly review, you might just waste your time.
If you don't like dissecting stuff then don't even consider Anatomy. It's not worth it if you're going to hate it.
I took Biology as a freshman and Chemistry as a sophomore(this year). I take Physics next year. My school is so controlling, they tell you what classes to take and what year to take them in. stare It sucks, so it's lucky that you get to choose, even if it is a bit stressful.

Thanks, ya I think ur right I am defiantly crossing Anatomy off of the list. Wow ur school is pretty controlling, do you at least get to pick an elective like an art or something?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 pm
Do what you absolutely have to do then what you want to do (:  

Tolora

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:08 pm
The_Megal
Harley91594

Thanks, ya I think ur right I am defiantly crossing Anatomy off of the list. Wow ur school is pretty controlling, do you at least get to pick an elective like an art or something?

No problem, I'm glad I could help a bit. Yeah we get electives. I take orchestra, even though it takes up a lot room in my schedule. It's totally worth it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:08 pm
You should have a school booklet reviewing the credit requirements.
Compare that to your transcripts or grade reports (hopefully you have those..)
Figure out what you need to graduate, and sign up for those classes.

Take care of core requirements before your senior year.
Trust me, it's sooo nice to have a schedule free for AP and elective classes.

Also; take AP over anatomy. Anatomy is usually ridiculously hard and you get no college credit for it.
AP Bio exam is taking out 18ish chapters next year and the AP Physics exam is about twice the material. So consider that..

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items