Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Band Geek Romance Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harlequin Dolly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:17 pm
Because of the fact that band kids are usually always together, it is not unheard of for us to search within our group for those we deem date-able. Sometimes this Band Geek romance is cute, sometimes you want to shoot the "lovers" in the head!

what are your Band Geek Romance stories?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:23 pm
I met my band geek my freshmen year. I am obsessed with sax players. I've always found the instrument very sexy. I was a silly newbie, and didn't know much about music, but I could tell if someone was good. The head sax player, senior section leader if you will, was a friend of my older sisters. I was mean to him cuz he always called me "Kim's little sister." But he played sax, played well and was ridiculously cute. I was a silly flute player, and tried to ignore him most of the time. But his solos made my heart melt. On my 15th birthday he walked past me and commented on my newly dyed hair. I decided to be nice to him from there on. We have been dating for 3 years and 2 months! I am still in band, going to major in music education, and he still plays sax to make me melt.  

Harlequin Dolly

Kavalnir

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:23 pm
My band geek and I have been together for a year and a half now.
We met my sophomore year in concert band. He was the kind of guy to just go up to girls and hug them all the time.
So when I joined marching band, and spent more time together, we kind of immediately hit it off.
Not too much of a big epic meet story.
But at the time we were like opposite sides of the band spectrum. He plays tuba and back then I played clarinet.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:11 pm
Unfortunately I've never had one crying I've always sort of wanted one, probably because I've never dated before, but anotehr reason is that I'm shy. I don't hvae the sort of courage to go and actually start a conversation with him since I don't talk to him, and I have a crush on him, unless he's been my friend since kindergarten.

But there have been many cute couples in my band, unfortunatley about two of the three that I know about have broken up, one of them being my cousin too. sad  

redheadsrule13

Romantic Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

MetalxMilitiax101

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:58 pm
My band geek and I met Nov. 13th last year at a band blast. I was walking with two of his friends (from a rival band) I have met before (as a freshman, I needed to make new band friends XD), and this was after we got to perform with the college for the half time show. Anyway, we were walking and one of his friends randomly hugged him, claiming he was warm. Since it had been cold, wet, and dreary, I automatically hugged him, even though I didn't even know him at the time. Right when I hugged his arm, we locked eyes, sparks flew, and we hung out during our break. March 20th will be 4 months of our long-distance-band-geeky relationship. 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:22 pm
redheadsrule13
Unfortunately I've never had one crying I've always sort of wanted one, probably because I've never dated before, but anotehr reason is that I'm shy. I don't hvae the sort of courage to go and actually start a conversation with him since I don't talk to him, and I have a crush on him, unless he's been my friend since kindergarten.

But there have been many cute couples in my band, unfortunatley about two of the three that I know about have broken up, one of them being my cousin too. sad

Even worse the my friend sent a text accidently that wasn't meant for him, talking about me liking him, and well my friends forced the other friend sort of to ask who he liked, and if he like me.............. No luck what so ever he likes someone else from another school.

Even worse he's known about my crush for a couple of months. After that my friends felt a bit bad for doing that to me because I was in "Depressed Mode" for about two days after that night.  

redheadsrule13

Romantic Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:16 pm
I've been dating the drum major for about a year now. =]

There's a joke about him being a serial flute dater, because his ex was another flute. ;P
But she was a jerk and broke his heart.
I won't. But anywaaay.

Some band couples are adorable
others are just like;
what the..?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:06 pm
flauterfli
I've been dating the drum major for about a year now. =]

There's a joke about him being a serial flute dater, because his ex was another flute. ;P
But she was a jerk and broke his heart.
I won't. But anywaaay.

Some band couples are adorable
others are just like;
what the..?

I agree about some couples being cute and the rest...no so cute. Our current band couple is a Senior, and a Freshie. The Freshman is a total attention whore and pretends to be sick all the time and lies about everything. She has even taken up "Site Modeling" when she isn't even modeling. The Senior has changed everything about himself for her, and has lost so much weight by becoming a vegetarian for her. He looks so unhealthy now. When we see them at school together they always looked depressed, and lay or sit on the floor petting each other (not like mmmm baby petting but just like you would a dog), recently they have had some drama with their parents and brought it into the band room. It is just plain silly, and now it is very possible that the freshmen could be with-child.

Some band couples are terrible.  

Harlequin Dolly

Daxophone

Dapper Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:01 pm
There was this one time, at band camp...

...when I was hanging out with this french horn player, one that I had been friends with for a year. One of his friends (more like fr-enemies, but...) hung around with us, too. We both started talking a little about Halo and Metallica. He would always hang out with me during competitions, and he called me once or twice [which was incrediblly awkward for me, since I had nothing to say (and never will)].
One year later, right after early-morning-band, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I had to ask my mother about it--he being two years my senior--and while my mother was thinking about it, we had our first competition of the year. We ended up holding hands then, people told my mom we were dating, and she was cool with it. That day is when we celebrate our anniversary.
We've been dating for over three years, and my boyfriend has never been afraid to show it; he's argued to our fellow band mates about our public displays of affection (It never went "all the way", though.). All of that was extremely embarrasing, and it might be why I was never a section leader. Dx I wish to stay with him, though; because I love him, and to see if he makes up for all of that...
He's on Gaia, too.

...And they lived happily ever after.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:30 pm
lugiosmuzz
There was this one time, at band camp...

...when I was hanging out with this french horn player, one that I had been friends with for a year. One of his friends (more like fr-enemies, but...) hung around with us, too. We both started talking a little about Halo and Metallica. He would always hang out with me during competitions, and he called me once or twice [which was incrediblly awkward for me, since I had nothing to say (and never will)].
One year later, right after early-morning-band, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I had to ask my mother about it--he being two years my senior--and while my mother was thinking about it, we had our first competition of the year. We ended up holding hands then, people told my mom we were dating, and she was cool with it. That day is when we celebrate our anniversary.
We've been dating for over three years, and my boyfriend has never been afraid to show it; he's argued to our fellow band mates about our public displays of affection (It never went "all the way", though.). All of that was extremely embarrasing, and it might be why I was never a section leader. Dx I wish to stay with him, though; because I love him, and to see if he makes up for all of that...
He's on Gaia, too.

...And they lived happily ever after.

I'm not one for pda, but this is one of a sweetest band romances I've ever heard! So adorable!!!

In my band we have a strict code of pda but we have two couples who ignore it (one being the couple I posted about earlier, and the second being my sister and her 'boyfriend'). Being a section leader myself when my boyfriend visits I feel bad cuz I don't even hold his hand because of our pda rules, but he puts up with it, and I'd like to think he understands that the younger bandies look up to me.

LOOOOVE YOUR STORY!!!  

Harlequin Dolly

Daxophone

Dapper Phantom

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:43 pm
Harlequin Dolly
Thanks. whee He really is a sweetie-pie--when you tell him that "being good" doesn't involve destroying the world. xD
That's really sweet of your boyfriend to respect your band's rules. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:58 pm
Harlequin Dolly
I met my band geek my freshmen year. I am obsessed with sax players. I've always found the instrument very sexy. I was a silly newbie, and didn't know much about music, but I could tell if someone was good. The head sax player, senior section leader if you will, was a friend of my older sisters. I was mean to him cuz he always called me "Kim's little sister." But he played sax, played well and was ridiculously cute. I was a silly flute player, and tried to ignore him most of the time. But his solos made my heart melt. On my 15th birthday he walked past me and commented on my newly dyed hair. I decided to be nice to him from there on. We have been dating for 3 years and 2 months! I am still in band, going to major in music education, and he still plays sax to make me melt.

Your story totally gives me hope, because, well... I like a sax player, too. I think saxophone is amazing, and I wanted to be one for marching band, but I was stuck with trumpet. Don't get me wrong, I lurrvv everything about the trumpet, but something about the sax just draws me.

I've been friends with this one girl for a while, and she's a sax. In marching band last year, her squad was her and four guys, and they were all sax players. -___- I know right? And two of the guys liked her ALL of marching band season. One of them, well, I think he is adorable. The other is okay. She's one of those girls that always gets the guys, even if it's for a week. When she was marching with them on the field, I was holding the band's banner, because both of us were eighth graders. This year, neither of them like her now, and I think right now, they both think that she's a bi***. I still think the one's TOTALLY ADORABLE. And he's a good player too. But the thing is that I don't think he likes me. I think it's because I'm a little loud. I don't know, but I know he doesn't even look at me. Sigh.  

The BLAM Guild Mule

3,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

XxDeathByChocolatexX

5,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:32 pm
I had only one, and that was back in middle school. He played sax, and I the baritone. We met up in jazz practice every for the first semester, and then I finally worked up the nerve to ask him out during one of our jam sessions. sweatdrop We only dated for 8 months, and I think he was my first love. heart Funny thing is, my band buddies & I call it "bandcest". Kinda crazy, huh?  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff