Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:08 pm
http://www.fish-school.com/
You know, there has to be something to it if you can get a goldfish to swim through a tube, that is NOT normal behaviour. (from http://www.fish-school.com/gallery.htm )

Would I be stupid to spend $6 on it and try and get a betta to go through a hoop? Am i just too optimisitc? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:32 pm
1. Yes, fish can be trained.
2. No, you shouldn't spend that much on a book. To train fish is just like training anyother animal. Repetition, punishment, and reward.

To train your fish to go through a hoop, place hoop in tank. Place food on opposite side of hoop, watch fish go through hoop. Repeat for a bit. Then take out food. Wait until fish go through hoop, reward with treat. No trick, no reward, ect.
Pretty easy...just takes time. And only a few fish can do it, which is why they only list that many fish.  

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:09 pm
BluDragon35
2. No, you shouldn't spend that much on a book. To train fish is just like training anyother animal. Repetition, punishment, and reward.

To train your fish to go through a hoop, place hoop in tank. Place food on opposite side of hoop, watch fish go through hoop. Repeat for a bit. Then take out food. Wait until fish go through hoop, reward with treat. No trick, no reward, ect.
Pretty easy...just takes time. And only a few fish can do it, which is why they only list that many fish.
But how do I get them to learn how to play soccer? gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:04 pm
I've seen that before, but only the soccer thing. XD [On Google image search] But that long tube trick.. omg.. I would be afraid to do that with any fish who has to 'squeeze' through.. What if he gets stuck?? gonk

Time for some pipe cutting. x_x;

[Oh, and that Betta looks like he just HAPPENS to be passing by lmao XD]

Edit:

OMG!! LOL TESTIMONIAL!

I've slowly taught my Oscars to jump all the way out of the water for food. I started them at 1 inch, and every week or two moved higher and higher. - Carla, FL

Train them to leap out of their tank SUCESSFULLY. =D GREAT IDEA. Maybe this is a ploy to get people to buy more fish cause their old ones lept to their doom. >_>;; Augh. I can't believe I read all of those testimonies xD

Fable Fae

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Kansai Gal
BluDragon35

But how do I get them to learn how to play soccer? gonk
Have them reconize that putting the soccer ball in the net = food. Course you would start slow. Everytime they would touch the ball would = food. Then move it up to the ball in net. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:01 pm
I can see a goldfish mouthing it, but how do I get a betta to do it? I just can't bring my 20 gal over here... Going to have to go with a betta sweatdrop  

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

SquishyAngeh
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:46 am
I would never have to buy something like that, back when I had my oscar I had him eating from my hands....oscars are like the easiest fish to train, cause they recognise their owners, especially the ones that feed them...LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:10 pm
d o k i d o k i
I've seen that before, but only the soccer thing. XD [On Google image search] But that long tube trick.. omg.. I would be afraid to do that with any fish who has to 'squeeze' through.. What if he gets stuck?? gonk

Time for some pipe cutting. x_x;

[Oh, and that Betta looks like he just HAPPENS to be passing by lmao XD]

Edit:

OMG!! LOL TESTIMONIAL!

I've slowly taught my Oscars to jump all the way out of the water for food. I started them at 1 inch, and every week or two moved higher and higher. - Carla, FL

Train them to leap out of their tank SUCESSFULLY. =D GREAT IDEA. Maybe this is a ploy to get people to buy more fish cause their old ones lept to their doom. >_>;; Augh. I can't believe I read all of those testimonies xD
My Oscar already does that and splashs me too when the food doesn't come out fast enough. X__X  

MR_Kodiac

----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff