Why would someone even do this? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:13 am
So here is how it all started! A long time ago Avon (a catalogue firm) had a new representative to our door, and we ordered stuff from Avon, and we paid her, etc. Well, anyway one day I ordered a digital picture frame which had to be returned because it was faulty, and we wanted our money back for the digital picture frame which cost us £25. The Avon lady said she didn't have it now being the kind person my mum is she said ''Sure, pay me back soon.'' so months and months had passed, and my mum still didn't get her £25.

Then after those many months we saw her in a shop in town with her kid in the pram (stroller), and she was buying stuff and my mum was pissed off because she still owed my mum money and my mum told me that it was likely she had already spent the money in that shop or even before that.

Now, my mum saw her again and said in a nice tone because she is such a lovely person ''Have you got the money yet?'' and the Avon lady said ''Oh, about that! I will bring it round today.''

She never showed up at my mum's house. My mum still hasn't got her money so now my mum is going to phone up Avon and tell them about it but my mum thinks that she no longer works there. If so, this is deemed as fraud so rightly she could take this to the police.

What sort of a person would do this? I know life can be hard at times, but I would never steal money from anyone.

Also, my mum has even went round to her house when she was in and she just ignores the door.

I feel so bad for my mum. sad

So I ask this, is this fraud? I personally think it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 am
[~+~]

That's a shame. |:
Avon has always had good stuff with representatives from what i've heard. I've only really ordered from them once before though to be fair.

It's still a bit off though - surely it would be Avon itself refunding it, not the actual woman?

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 am
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

That's a shame. |:
Avon has always had good stuff with representatives from what i've heard. I've only really ordered from them once before though to be fair.

It's still a bit off though - surely it would be Avon itself refunding it, not the actual woman?

User Image

Basically, my mum paid her £25 for the digital picture frame and then my mum wanted her money back after returning the faulty digital picture frame to the Avon lady. The money that my mum paid the Avon lady was then spent. She was supposed to give the money back to my mum.

Was that clear enough? I tend to have problems explaining things. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:21 am
[~+~]

Oooh i see.
That's really out of order. |:

&& don't worry! x3

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:23 am
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

Oooh i see.
That's really out of order. |:

&& don't worry! x3

User Image

Can we take it to the police if she still doesn't give my mum her money back? You see, my mum made it clear that she didn't want a faulty digital picture frame and wanted her money back. Yet, the stupid cow spent it on herself when that was my mum's money.

It's just absolutely disgusting that she would such a thing to a customer.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:25 am
K i m z y

Can we take it to the police if she still doesn't give my mum her money back? You see, my mum made it clear that she didn't want a faulty digital picture frame and wanted her money back. Yet, the stupid cow spent it on herself.
[~+~]

I honestly don't know actually. I would say you'll be best ringing Avon and talking about it with them. It's likely that they'll sort it out themselves, and may give you vouchers etc.

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:27 am
Empty Spiral
K i m z y

Can we take it to the police if she still doesn't give my mum her money back? You see, my mum made it clear that she didn't want a faulty digital picture frame and wanted her money back. Yet, the stupid cow spent it on herself.
[~+~]

I honestly don't know actually. I would say you'll be best ringing Avon and talking about it with them. It's likely that they'll sort it out themselves, and may give you vouchers etc.

User Image

I guess we will have to wait and see, but I honestly don't think we will get vouchers or anything like that, since they may believe the Avon lady over us.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:28 am
K i m z y

I guess we will have to wait and see, but I honestly don't think we will get vouchers or anything like that, since they may believe the Avon lady over us.
[~+~]

I don't really know what she would say - i mean, surely you guys have proof of purchase?

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:29 am
Empty Spiral
K i m z y

[~+~]

I don't really know what she would say - i mean, surely you guys have proof of purchase?

User Image

They give you a paper, and you write your order down and then that is given to the Avon lady to take back to the company.
So it could still possibly be with the Avon company. I really don't know but yes we did write down that we wanted to order a digital photo frame for £25.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:39 am
K i m z y

They give you a paper, and you write your order down and then that is given to the Avon lady to take back to the company.
So it could still possibly be with the Avon company. I really don't know but yes we did write down that we wanted to order a digital photo frame for £25.
[~+~]

I thought you order and pay later with a lot of these things...If you paid money to her, surely you should have had an acknowledgement receipt type thing?

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:40 am
Empty Spiral
K i m z y

[~+~]

I thought you order and pay later with a lot of these things...If you paid money to her, surely you should have had an acknowledgement receipt type thing?

User Image

They don't give you a receipt. o.o
Are you in America? Perhaps it's different over there.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:42 am
K i m z y

[~+~]

Oh nooo. I'm in the UK. x3
I just don't really know how Avon works with representatives i've got to be honest. Was kinda just going off what i would assume. D:

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 am
Empty Spiral
K i m z y

[~+~]

Oh nooo. I'm in the UK. x3
I just don't really know how Avon works, i've got to be honest. Was kinda just going off what i would assume. D:

User Image

No worries.

I mean, I know it's just £25 but at the end of the day it's my mum's money and should be rightly returned back to her.

Anyway, I don't know what else to say on this matter because first it needs to be addressed with Avon (if they can even do anything about it).  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:52 am
K i m z y

No worries.

I mean, I know it's just £25 but at the end of the day it's my mum's money and should be rightly returned back to her.

Anyway, I don't know what else to say on this matter because first it needs to be addressed with Avon (if they can even do anything about it).
[~+~]

It's still money, and a fair amount at that in my opinion. x3

&& fair enough, just let us know what happens? O:
I hope it all gets sorted anywho.
Think i'm going to go and hunt for some lunch...

User Image

Empty Spiral

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 am
Empty Spiral
K i m z y

No worries.

[~+~]

It's still money, and a fair amount at that in my opinion. x3

&& fair enough, just let us know what happens? O:
I hope it all gets sorted anywho.
Think i'm going to go and hunt for some lunch...

User Image

So do I. sad

Alright, well thanks for coming and discussing this matter with me, and I really apologise if I come across rude in some of my posts but I really have no idea what else I can say on this matter.

Needless to say I had to make this thread because it was pissing me off.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff