Reply Playstation
Resident Evil Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cross De Aubigne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:37 am
Zombies, parasites, guns and female characters who are hot, intelligent, weapon-savy and without an overcompensating attitude...

What's not to love?

Which are your favorites? Least favorites?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:46 am
I'm in love with the Resident Evil Remake. I must have played through it a zillion times. It's the epitome of survival horror, in my opinion. The perfection of the genre, concerning Resident Evil. It was this game that got me into a lot of the other games of the same genre, a few I've discovered have been around for quite some time and I didn't know of their existence. Surprise! Anyway, yes, the REmake. Love.
I know the world will hate me, but I didn't like Resident Evil 2 much. I don't really know why, it just didn't click with me. There's nothing wrong with it, and knowing me, I'll probably buy it from the Playstation Network once I have $5.99 in that god forsaken bank account that I know they won't charge me for. >> I played Resident Evil 3 and liked that one quite a lot, and yes, I realize that 3 is almost identical to 2. Hence, I'll probably buy 2 and love it now that I've gone through 3.
Again, I know the world will hate me, but I didn't turn out to be much of a fan of Resident Evil 4 or 5. Like I said concerning the Final Fantasy scene, it's new and different; not what I'm used to. It's way more action-oriented, and that's not what made me love Resident Evil in the first place. It's no longer survival horror, but now just action. So there it is. I have played through part of 4, and it is a nice, fluid, solid action game, and I watched the entire scenario in 5, and again, it looks like a very pretty and fun action game, but it's just not the same old Resident Evil anymore. I kind of sense that I will have to spell out what I just said: I do not dislike 4 and 5. I do not think they are bad games. They just don't supply the atmosphere the previous 3 games did. There. Take that how you will.

Tc Frorleivus Almus Ph
Vice Captain

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Ermac the soulbender

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 pm
Fave: RE gun survivor.
Why: because it was my first RE game played.
Unfave: RE 5
Why: Because its racist!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:05 pm
Can't seem to remember how many of the RE Series I've played, but I enjoyed either 4 or Umbrella Chronicles since I co-oped with a friend.  

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cross De Aubigne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:35 pm
2 and 4 are my favorites. I liked the extra content for 5 more than the game itself. They got kind of lazy with the bosses. If 4 was co-op, it would be like the best game ever made.
I hope they steer back towards zombies/infected rather than bugs in the future games.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:13 pm
Thats so true... lately RE is falling to decay after RE5 brings me a question, Will Dante and his demon universe follow the same path? with the trailer of DMC5 I had nothing but hate toward the game now... WHO IS THAT KID AND WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO DANTE?  

Mandrivnyk the paladin

Dangerous Seeker

ThirioKing

3,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:28 pm
My most favorite Resident Evil games are the first three Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 The Nemesis that were on the Playstation 1 console. AND Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. Didn't really care for the Outbreak games or Deadaim.

As for characters my favorites are Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield, Jill Valentine and Sheva Alomar. Obviously lol....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 pm
I love Leon, Chris, Wesker and Krauser. And I think this series has some of the greatest female characters. Best since Laura Croft.

Favorite enemy has got to be the Iron Maidens. I love them so much. I hate fighting animals though, so the dogs and wolves didn't sit well with me.  

Cross De Aubigne

Mandrivnyk the paladin

Dangerous Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 pm
Cross De Aubigne
I love Leon, Chris, Wesker and Krauser. And I think this series has some of the greatest female characters. Best since Laura Croft.

Favorite enemy has got to be the Iron Maidens. I love them so much. I hate fighting animals though, so the dogs and wolves didn't sit well with me.

You meant the Cerebrus and Colmillos (that means Fangs) as those animals, and if you meant Laura it was Laura Cruz not Croft and if anyone wants to know about RE IM your guy!!! There is nothing about RE that I dont know  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:37 pm
I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. My favorite out of all the games is Resident Evil Code Veronica. I like Code Veronica because it had the same controls as the previous games but it also included an epic story and cool cutscenes. I also thought Alfred Ashford is one of the funniest RE bad guys ever. xd My least favorite is RE The Outbreak File. I couldn't get into outbreak like I could for all the other games. My favorite character is Chris Redfield. I like Chris because he's a loving brother and a tough guy. I wasn't really happy with Chris' new look in RE5 but he is still my favorite out of the series. My least favorite character is Ada. I know a lot of people like her but I don't. She loves Leon one minute but then she points a gun at him the next minute.  

NeoRhythm

8,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Mandrivnyk the paladin

Dangerous Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:30 pm
I forgot to name my games! Favorite game Code Veronica why you ask? becuase it explains how did Wesker came back and how is that Claire got even stronger after that. Unfavorite game? RE4 why? Well it destroyed all that RE is about, ZOMBIES not some Ganados or Majinis s**t. Long life to the living death!... ok that makes no sence. My favorite character of RE is Luis Sera, IM HIS LIVING POTRAIT and my most hated character will be Steve Burnside because a jockstrap like him is not a good choise  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:04 pm
Hunter dark shadow
Cross De Aubigne

You meant the Cerebrus and Colmillos (that means Fangs) as those animals, and if you meant Laura it was Laura Cruz not Croft and if anyone wants to know about RE IM your guy!!! There is nothing about RE that I dont know

No I meant Croft. I'm way picky about girls in my games, and she was the first (and for a long time only) that I liked.  

Cross De Aubigne

Mandrivnyk the paladin

Dangerous Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:49 pm
Cross De Aubigne
Hunter dark shadow
Cross De Aubigne

No I meant Croft. I'm way picky about girls in my games, and she was the first (and for a long time only) that I liked.

But then the real name is Lara not Laura  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:29 pm
My favorite would have to be Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Why? Because it scared the crap out of me. D:
Nemesis made me jump more times than I can count... I just got really into this one more than I did the others. That's not to say that the others were bad, I just enjoyed this one the most and it did a better job of scaring me.

I also really enjoy Resident Evil 5 for the co-play. It's awesomely fun.  

Tirnoch

Anxious Lunatic

13,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500

Immortal Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:46 pm
User Image
User Image
I liked the 4th game but hate the 5th game. The 4th one at least tried to keep to it's survival/horror/puzzle roots from Resident Evil: Director's Cut (the first one I played) while being innovative to the series. The 5th one completely throws survival and puzzle out the window and, with it, most of the appeal it had for me and my dad as a game we can play together.  
Playstation

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff