Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Fasting: For The Health Of It

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:15 pm
User Image

TD is back, I have kept off the ten pounds and now I am going for something more drastic.
Dun dun dun...
The 15 Day juice fast

I am not doing this to loose weight, I am doing this to flush out bad toxins.
my body is full of them, due to me being stupid.
I'm leaving it at that.
After the fast I will maintain a vegan diet.

I have done plenty of homework on this and I cant wait to start.
If you want to learn about it...
Detoxification
What is it?
Breaking the fast
Fasting and weightloss
What to use and how much
More Info
Look around that site if you have questions.

I start SATURDAY!.

The information in the other posts ARE FOR ME so that I can refer to them quickly without having to hunt the internet for them.
DO NOT copy me in what I am doing, you have to prepare for this it isn't some you just do out of the blue.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:17 pm
User Image

STATS!

2/15/11
Weight: 142 pounds
Height: 5 Ft 4 In

After the fast
Weight:
Height:
User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:21 pm
User Image

Vegetable Juices:

Asparagus—Kidneys, diuretic, blood purifier, bowel health, soothes nervous system
(Note: urine will turn dark and have a different odor to it when you eat or drink a lot of asparagus. This is normal and harmless and will pass.)

Beet greens—Gallbladder, liver, osteoporosis.

Beets—Blood cleanser, liver cleanser, menstrual problems, arthritis, lymph glands, flushes the kidney and bladder, and is good for low blood pressure.
(Note: never drink it straight as it can temporarily paralyze your vocal cords, cause hives, increase the heart rate and give you alternating chills and fever. Hmm—sounds like a good reason to stay away from beets altogether! They sure do taste “earthy.”)

Brussels sprouts—Good for diabetics and hypoglycemia, makes for healthy skin, increased male potency and stomach ulcers.

Cabbage
—Colitis, ulcers, and it curbs alcohol cravings.
(Note: Do not store cabbage juice because its Vitamin U content can be quickly lost.)

Carrots
—Eyes, liver problems, high cholesterol, protects skin fro UV rays, nervous problems (like Multiple Sclerosis), arthritis, osteoporosis, and low blood pressure.

Cauliflower
—Breast cancer

Celery—Kidneys, diabetes, osteoporosis, good for people who sweat in excess, muscle cramps, fatigue, anxiety, stress, insomnia, headaches, air pollution, sweet cravings, low blood pressure, and obesity.

Comfrey—Intestines, hypertension, osteoporosis.

Cucumber—Edema, diabetes, tendonitis, skin tone, muscle tone, complexion problems, poor nail growth.

Dandelion greens—Spring tonic, strengthens blood and bones, increases stamina and energy.
(Note: eat them early in the summer as they get bitter as they age.)

Fennel
—Night blindness, eye disorders, flatulence, blood strengthener, migraines, nausea.

Garlic—Allergies, colds, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, high fats, diabetes, immune booster, anticarcinogen, antibacterial, antifungal, rids body of toxins through the skin, low blood pressure.

Ginger root—Circulation, motion sickness, nausea, laryngitis, clears mucous in the throat, sinuses and lungs.

Greens
(Collard, Mustard, Turnip, Kale, Parsley, Spinach, Turnip, Chard)—Cardiovascular disease, skin, eczema, digestive problems, obesity, breath.
(Note: Greens contain more than 100% of the RDA for Vitamin C and Vitamin A)

Jerusalem artichokes—Diabetes.

Jicama—Sooths upset stomachs, osteoporosis/osteopenia, and hemorrhoids.

Kale
—Constipation, bladder problems, arthritis, also see Greens.

Lettuce
—Lung cancer prevention, hair and nail strength, skin problems.

Onion—Normalizes nervous system for sympathetic dominance, stimulates beneficial bacteria, breaks up mucous, low blood pressure
(Note: If you juice onions, put them in the juicer first THEN the other vegetables so the odor does not stay on the juicer parts.)

Parsley
—Kidneys, edema, arthritis, tendon and ligament problems, osteoporosis (has lots of natural calcium), one of the most nutritious foods in the world, boils and cysts, increases oxygenation of the blood, bad breath, stimulates normal peristalsis of the gut, vision problems, adrenal exhaustion, thyroid disease, obesity.

Potatoes
—Intestines, ulcer.

Radish
—Liver, high cholesterol, obesity, sinus problems, clears excess mucous, soothes sore throats.

Spinach—Anemia, eczema, regenerates damaged intestinal tracts, constipation, circulation problems, cleans liver and glands.

Sprouts—Baldness, morning sickness.

String beans
—Bruising.

Sweet potatoes—Any kind of skin problems.

Tomatoes—Use them alone or leave them alone, but adding celery and cucumber to it works fine.

Watercress
—Anemia, colds.

Wheat grass—Anemia, liver, intestines, breath, excellent antioxidant, Parkinson’s disease.

Zucchini—internal cleanser, fantastic as a mineral supplement.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:22 pm
User Image

Fruit Juices:

Apple—Liver, intestines, blood cleanser.

Apricots—High in iron for anemia, silica and vitamin A for hair and skin.

Bananas
—Heart and muscles.

Cherry, black—Colon, menstrual problems, gout, prevents tooth decay.

Citrus—Obesity, hemorrhoids, varicose veins, raises body temperature to fry out viruses/bacteria, bruising, heart disease, stroke.
(Note: Don’t juice the skin of any citrus except lemon and lime. They are difficult to digest and can cause colo-rectal problems.)

Cranberries
—Urinary tract infections, antiviral.

Grape
—Colon, anemia, good for kidneys and heart, high in iron, soothing to nervous system, builds hemoglobin, promotes healthy bowel action, liver cleaners, helps to eliminate uric acid, helps with low blood pressure, obesity.

Grapefruit—High blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, obesity.

Lemon—Liver, gallbladder, allergies, asthma, cardiovascular disease, colds, obesity.

Melons
—Eat them alone or leave them alone, good for kidneys (diuretic), juicing watermelon rind gives you 95% of the melons nutritional benefits compared to only 5% of juice without the rind.

Papaya
—Stomach, indigestion, hemorrhoids, colitis.

Pear—Gallbladder, blood pressure, cardiovascular health, digestion, a safe fruit for diabetics.

Pineapple
—Digestion, allergies, arthritis, inflammation, edema, hemorrhoids.

Strawberries
—Strengthens the blood, nerve tonic, keeps glands healthy, protects against cigarette smoke toxins.

Watermelon—Kidneys, edema, used as a diuretic.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:22 pm
User Image

Little Tid Bits of Info.

Recommended Liquid Intake while Fasting

Opinions vary on the amount of liquid to consume while juice fasting. Some recommend at least eight, 8-ounce glasses of distilled water per day, two cups of herbal tea, along with diluted juices. I believe it’s a must to see urine that is clear and very pale yellow. Dark colored urine is a sign that you aren’t drinking enough water.

Regardless of your fitness goal, make sure you drink enough chlorine and fluoride-free, filtered, pure spring or distilled water daily. Many diseases respond to adequate hydration, flushing out disease-provoking toxins.

Fasting triggers a cleansing process
that affects every cell and tissue in the body. It eliminates dead and dying cells while stimulating generation of new cells. During a fast, toxic waste products that impair nourishment of cells are eliminated with restoration of normal metabolic rates and higher oxygenation of cells. Ten percent of our caloric intake is used for mastication, digestion, assimilation, and elimination. When we fast, this energy can be redirected toward improved immune function, elimination and new cell growth. Essentially, you are reversing the aging process.

Within 24 hours of food restriction, digestive enzymes stop entering the stomach and instead other enzymes are released into the intestines and bloodstream, where they circulate and digest waste materials of daily living. Advocates of fasting believe that the body will first decompose and burn those cells and tissues which are diseased, damaged, or aged, e.g., dead cells and morbid accumulations (tumors, abscesses, and fatty deposits.) Essential and vital organs, such as nervous tissue and brain, are not damaged during a well-planned fast.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 pm
User Image

Tips for a Better Fast:

*Your pre-fast diet should include several days of higher volumes of raw fruits and vegetables. You may also want to add the “Excelsior” drink to your diet ahead of time. See recipe below this section.

*Get plenty of exercise outside is best to get that oxygen flowing.

*Sunbathe if possible—10-20 minutes of direct sun per day.

*Take hot and cold alternating showers or baths.

*Sleep with a window open so that you can get lots of clean fresh air.

*Use Enemas—A fast does not always help eliminate impacted waste materials from the colon, so plan a colon-cleansing regimen. Enemas can cleanse when taken once or twice a day. Fasting without the aid of enemas allows toxins in the colon to be reabsorbed. This can poison the body and the organs of elimination (particularly the kidneys) which become over-burdened and damaged. For complete instructions on how to take an enema, click here.

*Avoid negative influences. Do not listen to terrified relatives and “friends” who will warn you that you will pass out at any moment and starve to death. Stop reading all the grim reaper parts of the newspaper and turn off the news. It will be there when you complete your fast. Focus on positive, wonderful thoughts and surround yourself with uplifting music, books, and movies.

*Continue with normal activities, but minimize overly strenuous physical or mental work.

* No coffee, soft drinks, cigarettes or anything else by mouth. Your health care supervisor may prescribe some nutritional supplements depending on your case. Many clients say this is the easiest way to quit smoking.

*Do not chew gum while fasting. Avoid mints and hard candies. They promote the release of digestive enzymes and makes you really hungry. Following the fast, there is a loss of appetite for caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, sugar, and junk foods.

*Cut back on some supplements and medications. If you are over 65 you will want to take your daily vitamins (if you are on them) during the fast. You will need to discuss this with your health care team as to which medications should be continued with a fast. Usually most medications and supplements are withdrawn during a fast, but exceptions occur—especially when they have to do with the endocrine system (e.g. Insulin, thyroid, heart medications, etc.) And even though juices provide lots of nutrients, some physicians recommend use of an abbreviated list of vitamins and minerals for elderly fasters.

*If you are hypoglycemic, have someone supervise your fast. You may need to add a protein drink to your program or add some egg white powder to your juice.

*If you wear dentures, keep them in during your fast so that your gums will not shrink.

*Do take time out for naps if necessary.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:08 pm
User Image

Disclaimer:

(in case if you are trying to copycat me)

The information contained here is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for specific medical advice which the reader can obtain only from a qualified and reliable doctor. I will not assume responsibility or liability for any consequences of the failure to obtain specific medical advice from a qualified doctor or take responsibility for any consequences of the reader attempting to treat his/her own health problems using any or all of the information in these pages and in this guild.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:09 pm
User Image

Reserved

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 pm
User Image

Reserved

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:30 pm
User Image

2/16/11

So I am preparing for the fast.
I can say that I am very excited. =)

I am cleaning my room, getting rid of junk and my hidden junk foods. -_-
Preparing my mind.
And I am eating a ton of fruits and veggies, along with herbal teas and lemon water.

I am also listening to music, and being bored...
I might play Booty Grab later or something.

My family says that I will fail and stuff, but I wont.
I cant wait to repair and heal my body from years of abuse.
I am also eager to break the food addiction.

I am also looking forward to blogging this.

And I will say again DO NOT COPY WHAT I AM DOING UNLESS YOU TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR I AM SERIOUS.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items