Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I Just Don't Know What To Do

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cold Oktober

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:15 pm
You can move this into Life Issues if you want. I just wanted responses so I figured I'd post this in the main forum.

Hey, girls. It's me. Sorry I've been gone for awhile. A LOT has been going on. Recently, I was kicked out of the house by my mother. I'm back at home now, but I'm not really happy. Today, my mom slapped me in the face and called me a b***h. It was a stupid reason, whatever. I asked her what the hell was wrong with her. She told me to go to my room and I said, "F*** you." and slammed my door.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I wanna leave, but I'm too young and I don't know where I'd go. I've never gotten along with my mom, but it's never been this bad. I don't feel guilty; I feel embarrassed. I guess I'm asking if it's okay to feel this way; if it's normal. I know you're not supposed to just not love one parent, but it's possible, right? I'm just venting.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:46 pm
User Image

I understand where you are coming from.
Me and my parents never really got along well.
I was never kicked out but we had our fair share of verbal fights.

Anyway.
Her kicking you out and slapping you is abuse, you are only what like fifteen right? I think I saw you mention your age somewhere in the guild.
Anyway, have you tried to talk stuff out with your mom?
Like have a calm chat with her, instead of an outburst of emotion?

You do know that what she did is abuse right? You are not suppose to kick your child out of the house unless they are eighteen or older, and they are not suppose to yell and hit you, that can be considered as emotional abuse.

If she doesn't stop tell a teacher or another adult what is going on.
Just because she is your mom doesn't give her the right to treat you like poo.

*hugs*
It will be alright in time.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Cold Oktober

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:24 pm
Yes, I know it's abuse. And I know I don't have to put up with it, but I guess it's easier said than done to report it. And what would my family think? I know it seems like I'm making excuses, but I do know that it's always an option.

I've never tried to talk calmly with her. I guess it's my fault. Whenever I try to talk to her, I always feel embarrassed or whatever about even trying to communicate with her. I don't know, I never really got along with her. We've never been close.

Yeah, I'm almost 16. So, it is abuse to kick me out, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:36 am
Actually, I think it's still technically considered neglect for her to kick you out.

Reporting may actually be helpful and likely wouldn't result in anything too bad either. Maybe some of those 'classes' to help you both communicate and find out where the root of the issues are, but not likely to be anything more than that.

If you have trouble talking to her, maybe you could try what my parents did when they couldn't talk civilly. Find a journal and write to each other. It can be long letters or notes of just a few words as long as you write honestly and try not to start a fight with each other in the pages.

-smiles-

Good luck!

DOMOs Kender child

Cold Oktober

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:37 pm
The writing notes thing sounds like it might actually work. Thanks, DOMO.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:59 am
[~+~]

-hugs-
Hun i'm so sorry. >.<;

Is there any other family you could stay with?

User Image

Empty Spiral

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces