28mm STuG III ausf. G WIP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:31 pm
The Sturmgeschütz III (StuG III) assault gun was Germany's most produced armoured fighting vehicle during World War II. It was built on the chassis of the proven Panzer III tank. Initially intended as a mobile, armoured light gun for infantry support, the StuG was continually modified and was widely employed as a tank destroyer. Shown below is the StuG III Ausf. G, a WIP metal-resin hybrid kit from Warlord Games' Bolt Action range. The model and its variants are as of typing this all OOP until the casting moulds for the kit can be created again.

Model was primed with Citadel Chaos black followed by Flames of War's War Paint spray, in this case German Armour (Mid/Late), which is an excellent, if somewhat smelly, spray to use for giving your vehicles that first layer of actual paint.

Currently left off are the spare road wheels and the armoured skirts (schurzen) that will be added once it is fully painted. Once the basics have been picked out (tools, road wheels, exhausts and whatnot) I can focus on applying camo, which I will hopefully by then have decided on. After camo comes the search for decals and after that: weathering.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And finally, here's the STuG alongside a Space Marine to show off its scale:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:09 am
Did some camo stuff this morning in between other things, the pattern will cover more of the basic colour tomorrow. While I am liking it so far, I am again feeling that an airbrush would've been a better tool for the job. crying

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 pm
I'm a bit disappointed in you, I thought you were better than that, siding with ze bloody Germans of all people! What happened to the Enfield, Bren and Sten? Why have you traded those for the Mauser, Stug and Zeltbahn? Why?

wink

I do hope you finish something for once, it would make for a, shall we say, nice change of pace! blaugh  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games