Reply A need to vent/help others
Cutting more and more.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tomatotomorrow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:03 pm
I've been cutting a lot more, lately. I feel hesitant to talk to anyone about it, because all that will happen is that people will tell me that I am just trying to be emo or cry out for attention.
I have been cutting on and off for a long time. Although lately, I've been doing it very frequently, and tonight I cut up my legs quite a bit, and it was very deep. I started shaking and I was scared because I have never bled that much before...
I don't know who to talk to about it. Does anyone have any suggestions about ways you have managed to keep yourself from cutting?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:12 pm
It can be very tough. I haven't stopped completely, but once in a while I am able to stop doing it for a stretch of time. Honestly, the rubber band trick has never worked for me. One interesting strategy is just to draw marks on yourself with red markers instead--it has been known to help some people. Otherwise, listen to music that inspires you or do something to keep your hands busy when you feel the urges. Or, you can just go into a room with people in it so you won't do it for fear of being caught.

I definitely wish you luck.  

an ornery pear

7,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100

Hoshioni

10,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:09 pm
I think you need to relise you have no need to punish yourself, and find an alternate nonharmful to your body way to cope with the pain  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 pm
It can be really hard to stop, but it can also be easy. Think of it like this, your body is yours to look after, yours and yours alone to keep safe and well so do things that you enjoy smile relax after a stressful day by watching films you like and doing activities you enjoy. It might sound stupid but I've been doing this kinda thing for a while now and it works quite well smile

Just focus on yourself smile Also, try doing mental excercises (again, sounds stupid but works). Nothing too taxing, just things like a crossword every now and again or something similar. It makes your brain active and when you finish you know you've accomplished something.
If you ever feel like you want to cut, @Bunny.. is right, find people. Even if its just going to the local corner shop and getting some milk or butter. Just go out. When you come back, if you feel like doing it, ask yourself why? make sure you give reasons and evaluate.

If it's just a list of self-insults then that's not a reason.
You're stronger than you think you are smile
I don't know much about you but through your posts you seem to be introverted (good thing in my eyes) and intelligent. You want to cause harm but not serious damage which means theres a stronger chance or near permanant sucsess. (you might have a few slip-ups then and again but think of them only as slip ups and not you starting again).

I have to go now but PM me if you want to talk or have any questions okay smile  

- RH Lawliet

A need to vent/help others

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff