Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
Research Tips for Wind/Air Dragons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:22 pm
Hello guild! I tried posting this exact topic in the AD and I was literally bum raped about plagiarism. So not impressed. stare

Alright, so I am doing a commission for a client that wants all of the elemental dragons (fire, water, earth, air, dark, light, chaos). I have found reference pictures for all except air/wind. I have a general idea but google is not helping me as much as I thought it would.

So my fellow artists, does anyone have any tips on creating a wind/air dragon? Do you have any specific reference pics or websites that would be useful?

Note: My client is a fan of the westernized dragons and not the chinese dragons.

Second Note: PLEASE note I am not copying images directly into my artwork. I am literally just trying to physically find some ideas and inspirations. I am a visual learner and do best by seeing other ideas. (I apologize for being a loser about this but the Artist's Corner left a rather nasty taste in my mouth)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:30 pm
Wind dragons ey? I've used to see them with very bright, light colors. Light yellow, or very lightgreen-ish. Since your client want the western dragons instead, I found it harder to think something unique. I guess feathers on them are pretty usual. They are more thin then the other usual dragons, mostly.
Good luck finding a dragon! I hope you have a image in your head that how i describe. It can work it out.

Hardrock_Cafe

Aged Smoker

8,400 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items