Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The dead can't talk back Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-kissME-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:22 pm
Someone told me this today, I told them to prove it.

Note: He claims to be a druid.

Note2: He couldn't prove it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:37 pm
Who? Was it someone on Gaia?  

Pelta

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:12 pm
And to him I say "bull s**t." Hey, just because he can't get a result on any pseudo-necromancy he's tried doesn't mean its not possible, it just means that he's not qualified to do such things at this point in time.

I'd like to ask how he tried to prove it, actually. I enjoy reading the rants of idiots. Oh, and don't tell me he claimed that druidism was a type of religion. I think I might slaughter the next person who gives me that crap with a wet noodle and a golden sickle.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:43 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
I'd like to ask how he tried to prove it, actually. I enjoy reading the rants of idiots. Oh, and don't tell me he claimed that druidism was a type of religion. I think I might slaughter the next person who gives me that crap with a wet noodle and a golden sickle.
if he's talking about neo-druidry, then he could say it's a religion - at least some branches of it.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

-kissME-1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:44 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
And to him I say "bull s**t." Hey, just because he can't get a result on any pseudo-necromancy he's tried doesn't mean its not possible, it just means that he's not qualified to do such things at this point in time.

He hasn't said to me outright that it's a religion just that he is one. As for proving it he tried to tell me that once your dead you for sure move on and there's no such thing as a ghost... I looked at him like he was crazy and told him I had to go and no it wasn'ton gaia it was over MSN  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:37 pm
Okay- someone isn't that familar with their own "religion", considering how much ancestor worship played a role in Pre-Christian Celtic beliefs.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:28 am
Sovereign of Darkness
Oh, and don't tell me he claimed that druidism was a type of religion. I think I might slaughter the next person who gives me that crap with a wet noodle and a golden sickle.

heart domokun heart xd biggrin smile heart domokun heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:54 pm
And all my skrying for nothing!

Damn dark mirrior must have tricked me.  

SoilWork

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:51 pm
if this guy said there is no such thing as a ghost he must have never lived in a haunted house. my house has to ghosts......and i see them quite often.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:54 pm
Neko_Bast
if this guy said there is no such thing as a ghost he must have never lived in a haunted house. my house has to ghosts......and i see them quite often.
One need not live in "a haunted house" to know that spirits exist.  

TeaDidikai

Mnemosyne of Rivendell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:47 pm
Please. You only need to have worked in a theatre once in your life to know that ghosts exist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:20 pm
Mnemosyne of Rivendell
Please. You only need to have worked in a theatre once in your life to know that ghosts exist.

Why theatres more than anywhere else? Just curious. A friend of mine is training to be a medium, partially because she lives in a protected (historical) house that is just swarming with the bloody things.  

Pelta

Mnemosyne of Rivendell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:16 pm
missmagpie
Mnemosyne of Rivendell

Why theatres more than anywhere else? Just curious. A friend of mine is training to be a medium, partially because she lives in a protected (historical) house that is just swarming with the bloody things.

Virtually all actors who work in theatre will insist that every theatre is haunted, but truthfully it's never been explained to me either. My hypothesis is that, because actors work so intimately with emotions, they leave more of an emotional residue behind when they go. It may also be because theatre can affect people so intensely, that one is liable to get attached to the place. That's just my theory of course. But I do know that every theatre I've worked in has had a ghost.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:23 pm
Mnemosyne of Rivendell
missmagpie
Mnemosyne of Rivendell

Virtually all actors who work in theatre will insist that every theatre is haunted, but truthfully it's never been explained to me either. My hypothesis is that, because actors work so intimately with emotions, they leave more of an emotional residue behind when they go. It may also be because theatre can affect people so intensely, that one is liable to get attached to the place. That's just my theory of course. But I do know that every theatre I've worked in has had a ghost.

The way it was explained to me, so very long ago, is that spirits are attracted to places full of engery. I'm not sure if that's true or not but that's what I was told.  

Yukinoko87

Mnemosyne of Rivendell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:57 pm
Yes, that's part of it too. I can't believe I forgot to mention that! *looks sheepish*  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff